Who else would love to see Cowboys/Steelers IV?

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Okay, so obviously, this is jumping the gun a lot.. There is a whole season of football to be played, we haven't won a playoff game in forever, etc, etc, etc..

But at this point, the Cowboys and Steelers are 1-2 in most of the power rankings that are out there.. It just reminds me of the glory days for both teams.. So that said, i don't think there is a team that we could play in the Super Bowl that would make me happier than the Steelers.. For a couple of reasons-- to get revenge on the series and tie it up 2-2, and also cause the stakes of who would be the first team to win that 6th Super Bowl would make for good drama and if we beat them to it, it would make it that much sweeter..

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
It's clearly the most likely Super Bowl at this point, though it's early as you pont out. It would end the Romo v. Roethlisberger nonsense.

I think if we played them right now we'd just destroy them.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
I would love it if for no other reason, for the NFL to see what happens when a great QB(Romo), goes up against a system QB(Ben R.).

I would love to play either the Steelers, Colts, or Broncos in a Superbowl

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let's see if the Squealers can beat the eagles...then we will talk. ;)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not me. If I never see Pittsburgh reach the Super Bowl again during my lifetime, that would be sweet justice in my book. The matchup I would like to see is Cowboys/Patriots. Sandwiching their 'success' between our dominate 90's team and this team with a Super Bowl win over them would really put them in their place.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Part of me does. part of me says, no way do I want them that close to their 6th.

Woods

Reaction score
5Stars;2272493 said:
Let's see if the Squealers can beat the eagles...then we will talk. ;)

That should be quite an interesting game.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Woods;2272509 said:

Yeah, I can't decide who I want to get trashed...both teams can take a friggen hike for all I care!

It's like...who do you hate most?

;)

StylisticS

Reaction score
Woods;2272509 said:

Yeah, I'll be paying close attention to that game. The offense of philly vs the defense of pittsburgh. Should be a interesting game indeed.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Stars;2272513 said:
Yeah, I can't decide who I want to get trashed...both teams can take a friggen hike for all I care!

It's like...who do you hate most?

;)
Steelers!!!!!!11!

What do I win?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DallasEast;2272521 said:
Steelers!!!!!!11!

What do I win?

What do you win?

You get a BRAND NEW T-SHIRT...that says,

" iLOVE ME SOME T.O. "

Wear it proud, brother!

;)

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think a Cowboys/Broncos rematch is just as likely.

MrKennedyKennedy

Reaction score
It would be fitting and ironic if Dallas played Pittsburgh again for this reason:

The previous two Super Bowls between these two teams (January 1979 and Jan. 1996) were both on NBC.

Guess what network's televising this year's Super Bowl? NBC.

Guess what network televised four of Dallas' five Super Bowls? NBC!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
If it comes down to something like this I'd be pleased with another Cowboys/Steelers Superbowl.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Stars;2272526 said:
What do you win?

You get a BRAND NEW T-SHIRT...that says,

" iLOVE ME SOME T.O. "

Wear it proud, brother!

;)
:tongue:

:)

juck

Reaction score
I have dealt with ridicule from Stealer fans my whole life,its very stressful when they meet.

vicjagger

Reaction score
While I expect the Squeelers to make the playoffs because they are in such a weak division, I hope they lose their first playoff game.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
juckie;2272562 said:
I have dealt with ridicule from Stealer fans my whole life,its very stressful when they meet.

I live smack in the middle of squeeler country, and I know exactly how you feel. All of my friends and family are squeeler fans. I have to hear about them on both big TV stations in our town. I cheer against them almost as hard as I cheer for the Cowboys.

It absolutely would be the highest of highs to beat them, but it would be worse than the lowest of lows to lose to them again.

Like someone else said in an earlier post, I do not even want them in the playoffs, let alone that close to winning their 6th SB.

If you don't have to be around their fans, you just can't understand how ignorant and obnoxious they are. They still ride me about all of the arrests, etc. from the late 90's.
And they jump all over our recent signings of Tank and PacMan.

They make fun of all of the T.O. stuff, and the Tony and Jessica saga.

I hope Pittsburgh does not even make the playoffs.

:steelers:

:helmet:

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Part of me does; that way it ensures that one franchise will get their 6th Super Bowl and be the leader instead of the 3 way tie we have, thus settling the debate for greatest franchise ever.

The other part of me doesn't... because they could beat us. I'd rather face a weaker team and win easily.