Who else would love to see Cowboys/Steelers IV?

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
I am very much looking forward to the Eagles/Steelers game. Getting some nice hype around here.

As far as a potential SB opponent, I can't get my mind past GB!

I guess I just want a worthy foe. I want to play a 13 or more win team who is clearly the class of the AFC. Always looking for the greatest possible glory for our Cowboys.

Steelers, Broncos, Colts. Doesn't matter to me. Bring em on!

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
Super Bowl XLIII marks the 30 anniversary of the Cowboys loss to the Steelers in Super Bowl XIII. That game was played in Miami, was televised by NBC and made the Steelers the first team to win 3 SBs.

How fitting it would be to beat Pittsburgh in Super Bowl XLIII, which will be played in the state of Florida and televised by NBC. Dallas would be the first team to win 6 SBs and would even their record against the Steelers in the big game at 2-2. Thank the Lord the game is to be played in Tampa and not in that black hole known as Miami's Orange Bowl. Dallas losing 3 SBs in that stadium is still hard to think about.

Dallas vs. Pittsburgh IV...........I say BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!:starspin

juck

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2272608 said:
I live smack in the middle of squeeler country, and I know exactly how you feel. All of my friends and family are squeeler fans. I have to hear about them on both big TV stations in our town. I cheer against them almost as hard as I cheer for the Cowboys.

It absolutely would be the highest of highs to beat them, but it would be worse than the lowest of lows to lose to them again.

Like someone else said in an earlier post, I do not even want them in the playoffs, let alone that close to winning their 6th SB.

If you don't have to be around their fans, you just can't understand how ignorant and obnoxious they are. They still ride me about all of the arrests, etc. from the late 90's.
And they jump all over our recent signings of Tank and PacMan.

They make fun of all of the T.O. stuff, and the Tony and Jessica saga.

I hope Pittsburgh does not even make the playoffs.

:steelers:

:helmet:

Tell me about it I even get it from my 86 year old grandad.He despises Dallas.I watch the games alone in my home.lol.

Aikbach

Reaction score
The battle for the sixth ring, a chance to even up the series 2-2, I welcome it.

Tony faces a 3-4 in practice daily, he can handle Pittsburgh.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;2272477 said:
Okay, so obviously, this is jumping the gun a lot.. There is a whole season of football to be played, we haven't won a playoff game in forever, etc, etc, etc..

But at this point, the Cowboys and Steelers are 1-2 in most of the power rankings that are out there.. It just reminds me of the glory days for both teams.. So that said, i don't think there is a team that we could play in the Super Bowl that would make me happier than the Steelers.. For a couple of reasons-- to get revenge on the series and tie it up 2-2, and also cause the stakes of who would be the first team to win that 6th Super Bowl would make for good drama and if we beat them to it, it would make it that much sweeter..

Lets just beat Green Bay tomorrow night.

Beyond that, we just need to worry about winning a postseason game more than who we might be playing in the super bowl.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Dallas is going to have to earn every bit of it this year. They are going to have to execute and take care of business. Let's set them up and knock them down one at a time.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hostile;2272508 said:
Part of me does. part of me says, no way do I want them that close to their 6th.

Exactly my first thought. They are my pick at the best of the AFC right now but I don't want them in any SBs. Sorry but I'm still holding a big grudge.

And I don't understand why anyone would think we would destroy them. They're a very tough team who can run, pass and play defense.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I wouldn't really worry about it at this point. We would blow them out if we met today...

It may be a different story in January... but I doubt it...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
This is how I rank my desire for our opponent if we reach the SB

1. Bills - 0-4 vs NFC East....why not make it 0-5
2. Titans - So many Longhorns on the roster, I'd like to see them in the dance
3. Colts - I root for them in the AFC, Manning is great
4. Steelers - we could get a chance to even up the series
5. Chargers - This would make for an exciting game
6. Broncos - 0-3 vs NFC East
7. Pats - would be higher if they had Brady
8. Dolphins - Cowboys version of Kill Bill
9. Jets - breaking Favre's heart again would be sweet
10. Raiders - its amazing that they have not met in the SB

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
MrKennedyKennedy;2272545 said:
It would be fitting and ironic if Dallas played Pittsburgh again for this reason:

The previous two Super Bowls between these two teams (January 1979 and Jan. 1996) were both on NBC.

Guess what network's televising this year's Super Bowl? NBC.

Guess what network televised four of Dallas' five Super Bowls? NBC!

Assuming your data is accurate, Dallas has played its last four Super Bowls on NBC.

Interesting. Probably meaningless. But interesting nonetheless.:D

Everson24

Reaction score
I would love to see us destroy the Steelers in the Super Bowl, However the NFL would never allow that to happen. The NFL loves the Steelers. The Steelers and the Packers are the NFL's flagship teams for small markets.

Go back and watch all the Steelers Super Bowl wins. They get every questionable call and never even got a penalty against us in super bowl X when there should have been numerous personal fouls against them. I just do not trust the refs in a game against their beloved Steelers. The Super Bowl against the Seahawks was a total farce.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
DallasEast;2272502 said:
Not me. If I never see Pittsburgh reach the Super Bowl again during my lifetime, that would be sweet justice in my book. The matchup I would like to see is Cowboys/Patriots. Sandwiching their 'success' between our dominate 90's team and this team with a Super Bowl win over them would really put them in their place.

Agreed. No Pitt. There is no way in heck that I want us to lose a SB to the Stealers because of the ref's. As far as I am concerned the Stealers and Cowboys in SB is a nightmare. We were on our way to losing 3 SB's to the Stealers franchise when O'Donnell bailed US out.

AB SO LUTELY!!!

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Nah, I could care less about the Steelers, even though they have a good chance of getting to the Super Bowl this year. However, folks better lookout for the Denver Broncos, I think they are going to make a push this year.

I would rather the Cowboys play the Colts.

Of course one of the greatest matchups of all-time would have been the Cowboys and Patriots last year. The ratings for that game would have been through the roof.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Personally, I'm fine with us getting the last laugh with the victory over them in Super Bowl XXX. Facing them a 4th time wont somehow wash away those first 2 loses so I'd just as soon watch them beat some other team on our way to a 6th title.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can we bring Larry Allen back for the game and the steelers bring Greg "Avoid" Lloyd back for the game for a special trip down memory lane.

They happened to provide my favorite cowboys play of all time. I am sure many know what I am talking about.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt;2273056 said:
Can we bring Larry Allen back for the game and the steelers bring Greg "Avoid" Lloyd back for the game for a special trip down memory lane.

They happened to provide my favorite cowboys play of all time. I am sure many know what I am talking about.

Has Lloyd gotten up yet?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge;2273063 said:
Has Lloyd gotten up yet?

I think larry hit him so hard that is what caused Lloyds staff infection a year or two later.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt;2273064 said:
I think larry hit him so hard that is what caused Lloyds staff infection a year or two later.

:laugh1:

Everson24

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2273042 said:
Nah, I could care less about the Steelers, even though they have a good chance of getting to the Super Bowl this year. However, folks better lookout for the Denver Broncos, I think they are going to make a push this year.

I would rather the Cowboys play the Colts.

Of course one of the greatest matchups of all-time would have been the Cowboys and Patriots last year. The ratings for that game would have been through the roof.

I must admit a Cowboys Steelers matchup in the Super Bowl would be great for NBC's ratings. I for one would rather see the Steelers suffer a heartbreaking loss in the playoffs.

I always wanted to see the 1975 to 1979 Cowboys play the Raiders in the Super Bowl and suprisingly it never happened.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Maybe next year, didn't Big Ben go down with a shoulder injury?