Who gets cut now that Zeke is back?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now that the Cowboys have their engine fully tuned, who gets sent to the PS or cut?
I think it's Chunn.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now that the Cowboys have their engine fully tuned, who gets sent to the PS or cut?
I think it's Chunn.
RB Chunn has already cleared waivers once.

RB Weber is on the practice squad and injured his knee.

They can waive Chunn and add him to the practice squad if he clears waivers again.

The can move Weber to IR to open a spot on the practice squad.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope it Morris. I’d rather have youth backing up Zeke.

In general, I agree with you on keeping young players over journeyman veterans;
however, with Morris vs Chunn it's probably better to keep Morris.

Chunn does not seem like an upside type young player. He is likely what he is now and into the future.

They put him back on the 53 because he was more ready-now than Weber or D.Jackson.

They like having Morris "In the RB room" because he is the ultimate high character player and quite leader.

Morris also is an "expert" on the nuances of the running scheme that the Cowboys use.
- He might be helpful to young OC Kellen Moore and new-ish OL coach Columbo.

John813

Reaction score
Interesting that DC.com still has Zeke on the Did not report list. Guess they haven't officially decided yet.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting that DC.com still has Zeke on the Did not report list. Guess they haven't officially decided yet.

He's on an official NFL exemption - don't know why the DC site doesn't designate him as such. Some non-NFL websites do.
I assume that he will probably be reverted to Active Roster status once Dallas decides who to waive or release.

I'm not sure who is responsible for the DC site's Roster sections, but it seems to be updated sporadically, if not inaccurately, sometimes. But, their efforts are an improvement over the previous site's management team.

Or, it could be that the NFL has to say what's what, but I just seems that someone in the Star just isn't on top of things. Sure is annoying sometimes. It's not like they are fooling the other teams about who is on the roster - that stuff has to be officially, "promulgated," to the other teams by designated deadlines.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan