Who got snubbed?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
which players do u think shuld have made it to the probowl?

nfc
charles woodson - debatable over newman?
greg ellis - should be in over osi
drew brees - over hasselback
clinton portis - sad to say but he deserves it more then barber
marques colston - over tory holt, has done more and better numbers across the board

afc
david garrad - over roethlesberger, but its debatable.
fred taylor - parker i good, but his carries are a ton, taylor has had the better yr
mario williams - jason taylor and vondenbosh over williams? u kidding me?
amoni okoye - over anybody on th afc list
sean jones - over polumalu

playmakers

Reaction score
Why did Driver make it? So many more deserving players this year imo.

WarC

Reaction score
Hostile;1843123 said:
Matt McBriar

Yeah, I've heard a few different mediots say that he is the best at his position in the league. I certainly thought he was deserving.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
I think Mario Williams deserved to go. He's having a real good season after struggling last season.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
LatinMind;1843115 said:
which players do u think shuld have made it to the probowl?

nfc
charles woodson - debatable over newman?
drew brees - over hasselback
marques colston - over tory holt, has done more and better numbers across the board

afc
david garrad - over roethlesberger, but its debatable.
fred taylor - parker i good, but his carries are a ton, taylor has had the better yr
mario williams - jason taylor and vondenbosh over williams? u kidding me?
amoni okoye - over anybody on th afc list
sean jones - over polumalu

I would have taken Taylor over Parker.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
LatinMind;1843115 said:

Ellis is officially a LB. Umenyiora is a DE.

How is it "sad to say"? He doesn't even average four yards a carry and has two (yes, two) runs longer than 20 yards. If he deserves it, you have to include Edgerrin James as well. Both are equally unimpressive and are only in the statistical realm they are because they have got the work.

Barber has a higher YPC, more touchdowns, more 20 yard carries and more receptions and all while averaging less than 13 carries a game.

And if we took the same approach Washington has done in his case with the rotation with Betts (do not start the inferior player)l it would be even more lopsided in Barber's favor.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Alexander;1843132 said:
Ellis is officially a LB. Umenyiora is a DE.

How is it "sad to say"? He doesn't even average four yards a carry and has two (yes, two) runs longer than 20 yards. If he deserves it, you have to include Edgerrin James as well. Both are equally unimpressive and are only in the statistical realm they are because they have got the work.

Barber has a higher YPC, more touchdowns, more 20 yard carries and more receptions and all while averaging less than 13 carries a game.

And if we took the same approach Washington has done in his case with the rotation with Betts (do not start the inferior player)l it would be even more lopsided in Barber's favor.

as a cowboy fan i agree. as a football fan i say no. Portis has had the better yr. and he's done it with a horrible OL play

arync

Reaction score
I wold have like to see Ellis make it but I'm so glad T New finally got in. Jerry has a lot of people to pay next year

DT101

Reaction score
LatinMind;1843140 said:
as a cowboy fan i agree. as a football fan i say no. Portis has had the better yr. and he's done it with a horrible OL play

Please quit saying yr and abbreviating, and stuff like that. Its annoying to many people, and its not hard to type out year.

Now that that's out of the way, Portis hasn't had a better year. The one thing he has done better statistically is yardage, which should be so given the fact that he has 100 more carries than Barber. Barber is averaging a whole yard more per carry too.

Give me a reason other than the O-line why Portis has had a better year. The O-line isn't a good reason because you could counter that with the fact that Barber has 100 less carries.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
LatinMind;1843140 said:

Portis has sucked this year.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Parker leads the NFL in rushing yards he has to go.... I'm not surprised Taylor didn't make it, he is having a good year could make an argument over maybe Addai but Addai has 14 TDs and over 1400 all Purpose yards, while Taylor has 4 TDs and almost 1200 yards all purpose.....

Surprise Super Mario didn't make it, I do think he is the biggest snubbed of them all....

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
DT101;1843219 said:
Please quit saying yr and abbreviating, and stuff like that. Its annoying to many people, and its not hard to type out year.

Now that that's out of the way, Portis hasn't had a better year. The one thing he has done better statistically is yardage, which should be so given the fact that he has 100 more carries than Barber. Barber is averaging a whole yard more per carry too.

Give me a reason other than the O-line why Portis has had a better year. The O-line isn't a good reason because you could counter that with the fact that Barber has 100 less carries.
quit typing o-line, it's not that hard to type out offensive line:D

Hoofbite

Reaction score
DT101;1843219 said:

what?

abbreviations not tolerated?

Odds are, the answer your going to get isn't going to be to your liking.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
DT101;1843219 said:
then stop reading.beause i can type yr if i want;)

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Q_the_man;1843242 said:
Parker leads the NFL in rushing yards he has to go.... I'm not surprised Taylor didn't make it, he is having a good year could make an argument over maybe Addai but Addai has 14 TDs and over 1400 all Purpose yards, while Taylor has 4 TDs and almost 1200 yards all purpose.....

Surprise Super Mario didn't make it, I do think he is the biggest snubbed of them all....
westbrook was like 2nd or 3rd in total yrds last yr and didnt go

AbeBeta

Reaction score
dangerdoom;1843128 said:
I think Mario Williams deserved to go. He's having a real good season after struggling last season.

13 sacks should get you in the pro bowl

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
abersonc;1843275 said:
13 sacks should get you in the pro bowl

shows you that the average fan is really based on the name, rather then the play. and why the probowl is a joke, and should be canned all together.:D