News: Who has been the best offensive teammate for Tony Romo?

CCBoy

Reaction score
http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...g-drafting-questions-terrell-owens-chaz-green

Q: Who do you think Tony Romo's best offensive teammate has been in his career? My buddies debated this and I say it's Jason Witten. They like TO - Stan

Well, there is no question that I agree with you. From 2006 until now, Tony Romo and Jason Witten have hooked up for almost 10,000 yards and 47 touchdowns. But, your buddies have a reasonable argument for most productive over any 3 years. Romo to Terrell Owens was amazing while it lasted. We forget it because Owens was so impossible to deal with and there was always a rift. But, if you separate 2006-2008, Owens accounted for just under 3,600 yards and caught 38 touchdowns. During that same stretch, Witten had 2,850 and 12 touchdowns. Witten had more catches, 241-235, but even that was close. But, obviously, Owens was all about massive plays while he was here.

So, big picture? Witten. Smaller picture? Owens. Sorry. But that one is too complicated for a simple answer.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Witten and it's not even close he's been Romo's security blanket his entire career.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
LOL. Really? Witten is the Cowboys all time reception leader. Owens has what record?

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
TO is probably far from the answer. He put up great stats in that three year span, sure.

But even if we're talking short term I would take '12-'14 Dez over '06-'08 TO. (3800yds, 39 TDs with Romo).

And if we shorten that term, Miles Austin in 2009 and the beginning of 2010 was more lethal than TO was-- the hammies just didn't hold up much longer after he burst onto the scene.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...g-drafting-questions-terrell-owens-chaz-green

Q: Who do you think Tony Romo's best offensive teammate has been in his career? My buddies debated this and I say it's Jason Witten. They like TO - Stan

Well, there is no question that I agree with you. From 2006 until now, Tony Romo and Jason Witten have hooked up for almost 10,000 yards and 47 touchdowns. But, your buddies have a reasonable argument for most productive over any 3 years. Romo to Terrell Owens was amazing while it lasted. We forget it because Owens was so impossible to deal with and there was always a rift. But, if you separate 2006-2008, Owens accounted for just under 3,600 yards and caught 38 touchdowns. During that same stretch, Witten had 2,850 and 12 touchdowns. Witten had more catches, 241-235, but even that was close. But, obviously, Owens was all about massive plays while he was here.

So, big picture? Witten. Smaller picture? Owens. Sorry. But that one is too complicated for a simple answer.

Same 2 that popped in my head.

BermyStar

Reaction score
If we're talking one year I'd honestly argue Demarco Murray last year. I agree with Dez if we're talking three year stretch (could argue Tyron here). The duration of his career though is Witten hands down.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
wow can't even believe this is a question as there is no one even remotely on the same planet as Romo-Witten.

If you watched the documentary on Romo's history which also told how he first met Witten, then see what they accomplished up til now, no question