Who has the strongest arm in the NFL?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Allen, Mahomes, Herbert and CJ Stroud .......
Just me, but CJ is one of the best QBs I have seen. I see a little Jeff George and Marino ( quick release ).

gtb1943

Reaction score
A strong arm without accuracy means nothing. So what if you can heave the ball 80 yards if you cannot hit the WR when it matters deep?

Too much attention to a cannon arm and not enough to what really matters in a QB which is what is between the ears. Most of the worst busts in first rd QBs are those with strong arms and weak minds.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
We’ve had threads on this before and I believe someone quoted Aikman who declared Josh Allen the winner.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Probably too old now, but Stafford would be up there.
Allen, Mahomes

RoboQB

Reaction score
Jordan Love should be included here.
Also, Joe Flacco, who probably has the strongest
arm of them all.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Apparently, Hurts decided to work on his arm strength during the offseason. Dude is jacked. Pickett standing behind him looks like a limp-armed gimp.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Josh Allen, then Mahomes/Herbert.
Was it in 2022 when Herbert threw a laser 65 yards in the air & hit dude in stride perfectly for TD?

I knew he had a big arm but that was pretty impressive.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Apparently, Hurts decided to work on his arm strength during the offseason. Dude is jacked. Pickett standing behind him looks like a limp-armed gimp.

Ehh that dont mean much, might improve his throwing power a bit but it's not gonna put him in the elite throwing power category. I think thats something you're just born with, look at Vick, he was a toothpick compared to most qbs but he had a cannon on him

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Ehh that dont mean much, might improve his throwing power a bit but it's not gonna put him in the elite throwing power category. I think thats something you're just born with, look at Vick, he was a toothpick compared to most qbs but he had a cannon on him
I met Vick. He's a lot more ripped than you think.

Flamma

Reaction score
Might be Richardson too, but yes Allen or Mahomes.
I don't know that Mahomes has a strong arm. It's mainly Allen and Herbert. Stafford used to. But hey, if strong arms were a big thing, Demarcus Russell would be hall of fame.