Who is DE Marcus Smith?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i just saw on a board that DE Marcus Smith is now a cowboy, does anyone know who he is? Not sure if he was a undrafted player or a veteran player,

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
This is the first i have heard about this.

I would assume he is an UDFA, but don't quote me on that.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i just wasnt sure, im not a paid member of the other cowboy site, so cant read the info on him, so wasnt sure , but way it was with header, looked like he was a veteran, but not sure you know; i checked my 5 draft guides and he wasnt listed in them

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
thanks, you never know, sometimes you find a gem, thats everyone forgot about,

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;1485347 said:
thanks, you never know, sometimes you find a gem, thats everyone forgot about,

He's a DE out of Arizona, goes 6-5, 286 pounds... 4.8 second 40...

And that's about all I can tell you about him... LOL...

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
thanks silverbear, i got a little more info on him, and its interesting, out of www.couchscout.com 6-4.2 288 with 4.89 in 40, great workout, like dark horses, Stoops calls him "best athlete Ive ever coached at DE End, he causes lineman to cheat, this guy is held more than a newborn, but he hasnt got away as well, as he should, out soomething, so interesting,

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
If he has a quick first step, there is a slim chance he could surprise at DE for Phillips. The DE's will shoot upfield at the snap, so quickness is much more a premium for Phillips than it was for Parcells.

Still, you'd have to think he's camp fodder and a very long shot.

It would be nice to find a steal somewhere like this though. Because he struggled some with injuries, perhaps he's a lot better than he's shown in the past.

*shrugs* At least he's going to get a chance to show what he's got in camp.