Who is getting cut once suspended players are active?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So right now it looks like two players from the 53 will be cut once the suspensions for Moore and Irving are up. Who do you think is the most likely to be cut once they are activated

Also keep in mind we have possible suspensions for Carrol and Wilson looming

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
Nczeocha and Tapper. They are already short on O line so can't see one there. Ofcourse, we could turn this in to a "why are they keeping K Moore" thread in about 6 hrs and one of those guys gets bounced already to bring him back.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nczeocha and Tapper. They are already short on O line so can't see one there. Ofcourse, we could turn this in to a "why are they keeping K Moore" thread in about 6 hrs and one of those guys gets bounced already to bring him back.
I think will bring Moore back when they IR Rico

TheHerd

Reaction score
Bene. Injuries also seem to make these decisions easier when the time comes.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Try to trade Morris.......
I think trades in general may be a better option then cuts.

Some people want Tapper cut. He is basically a rookie who was taken at the top of the 4th round. If he is the guy to go, I dont see why you wouldnt be able to get some compensation for him via trade

nycowboyfan

Reaction score
nzeocha for sure. Great athlete. Not a great football player. Hopefully Hitchens will be ready to go in a few games.
Morris depending on zeke.
Bene.
No way you can cut Tapper. Has talent at a very important position. And we have a couple of free agents on DL.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Alfred Morris :(

I feel like we can get something in a trade for him. The RB situation on the following teams is pretty bad, some we may not want to trade with though

-Baltimore Ravens
-Denver Broncos
-Green Bay Packers
-Indianappolis Colts
-NY Giants

I'm not saying we should expect much, but a conditional pick would be great imo.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We kept 15 RBs, WRs, TEs.......... a couple of them have to go
I agree that is likely where the cuts will come. I also think CB is a likely target once the two rookies get up to speed. I suspect Benwikere is a short-term rental. This may be herasee, but I wouldn't be overly surprised if Mayowa is a possible cut.

On a completely unrelated topic, this is my 100th post. I know that pales in comparison to most on this site, but it is a big deal for me.

I've been a casual reader of this site for years. I spent most of my working career living outside the US and, for a Cowboy-starved fan, this site was a godsend.

It is not just the analysis and critic of the Cowboys that kept me coming back but, also, the education, entertainment and camaraderie that kept me coming back.

Kudos to you and all the other fans on this site!

Last edited:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I agree that is likely where the cuts will come. I also think CB is a likely target once the two rookies get up to speed. I suspect Benwikere is a short-term rental. This may be herasee, but I wouldn't be overly surprised if Mayowa is a possible cut.

On a completely unrelated topic, this is my 100th post. I know that pales in comparison to most on this site, but it is a big deal for me.

I've been a casual reader of this site for years. I spent most of my working career living outside the US and, for a Cowboy-starved fan, this site was a godsend.

It is not just the analysis and critic of the Cowboys that kept me coming back but, also, the education, entertainment and camaraderie that kept me coming back.

Kudos to you and all the other fans on this site!
Kudos to you................. I was just a reader for awhile but then had some health issues and had more free time....... this site helped keep me busy and I rung up the post counts in a hurry

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So right now it looks like two players from the 53 will be cut once the suspensions for Moore and Irving are up. Who do you think is the most likely to be cut once they are activated

Those things tend to work themselves out.

Decisions during the season seem easier than on cut day.

Somebody could go to IR.

The CB they traded for might be a short term solution.

A suspension to Wilson or Carroll could offset the return of Moore or Irving.

They don't need 4 RBs if the Zeke issue gets resolved.

csirl

Reaction score

With some fortunate timing maybe Carroll and Wilsons suspensions will coincide with Moore and Irvings returning.