Who is going to be the week 1 starting OC

Who will be the week 1 starter

• Total voters

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hoffman has been the starter through camp, but Beebe has started getting first team reps.

Do you see being the week 1 starter

Please no " We will have to find out more" or " Maybe column A or maybe column B" non awnsers please

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
this isn't that complicated imo.
it will be cooper beebe.
same way guyton was always going to start at LT, injury to chuma or not.

dallas more than any team in football is concerned about maximizing the value of rookie contracts for good players.

John813

Reaction score
Hoffman was their failsafe option. Beebe IMO is the present and future, and I think he will win it before week 1.
Just will have to have Dak get some comfort with his growing pains in the shotgun

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Knowing this front office I’d say Hoffman. But seems like maybe Cooper is progressing faster then they thought and they want to give him every chance time to take that spot.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I still think it's Hoffman unless Beebe is just miles ahead of him the next couple weeks. I think you probably don't want two rookies playing against Cleveland if you can avoid it. I also think the Cowboys would love to showcase Hoffman this year in attempt to net a comp pick for him after the season.

I wouldn't take the Beebe getting reps with the 1s as a sign that the battle is over. I think this is simply McCarthy saying he passed the first test and has earned the right to take the next test.

I would bet that by the end of the year Beebe is starting though.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I voted for Beebe, but either way it will be an upgrade from the last center we had.

lf

Creeper

Reaction score
I think this is a developmental season for Dallas. Jerry is sitting on his hands for a reason. If that is the case, then it makes sense to throw all the rookies out there and see what happens. It may pay dividends in the future, or they find out some guys don;t have it. Either way they are better off than they were going into the season with question marks.

I feel bad for Hoffman. The guy apparently worked his butt off to get stronger and improve his play. You hate to see guys who worked hard to achieve a gold fail, especially if he loses the job because they just prefer Beebe and not because he is the better center at this stage.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I think it is Hoffman and Beebe will be our starting RG next year when Jerry lets Zach Martin (free agent) walk due to salary demands. I think Zack Martin, DLaw, and Cooks are playing their last year in Dallas. All are free agents toward the end of their careers that will be looking for more money than JJ will be willing to spend.

2025 OLine = LT Guyton, LG Smith, C Hoffman, RG Beebe, RT Steele (if he rebounds) - Steele doesn't rebound then he will be a salary cap cut.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoffman. But this question needs to be asked again after the next game. Since, supposedly, Beebe will get the start.
as that tells me they think Beebe is close enough to push Hoffman. Or could be they just want to see how he does.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Hoffman has been the starter through camp, but Beebe has started getting first team reps.

Please no " We will have to find out more" or " Maybe column A or maybe column B" non awnsers please
I’ll guess either column A or column B. :laugh:

rambo2

Reaction score
Beebe will be the starter and he is outstanding. Our offensive line is improved over last year.

CWR

Reaction score

It's looks like they are bringing Beebe along. The fact he's starting to get first team reps shows he's making progress. If he keeps it up he'll be locking down that position. We're gonna be strong up front.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

Hoffman got the job by default once Biadasz left and no other C on the roster..
Beebe will win it because he is better than Hoffman. Simple as that.