Who is most likely to fall to 44?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No, I don't think so.

I think he'll go somewhere in the 20s in R1 or early (first 10 picks) of R2.

Yeah he seems like he should be a first rounder with his skill set.

Of all the top linebackers who is most likely to fall to us in the 2nd?

Any chance the Alabama center falls?

I’m playing catch up on a lot of this draft stuff right now.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This guys stock has risen big time of late....without playing down of football....

I don't see it as impossible that he be there....nor would I be stunned if he went in the 20s.

Teams boards are going to be all over the place this year more than ever.

I expect a ton of surprises early, so I also expect someone to be available at 44 that we didn't think would be.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Yeah he seems like he should be a first rounder with his skill set.

Of all the top linebackers who is most likely to fall to us in the 2nd?

Any chance the Alabama center falls?

I’m playing catch up on a lot of this draft stuff right now.

I think it depends on who you may consider a top linebacker. I think guys like Parsons, Collins, and Davis get picked in R1 or very early R2; I don't see any of those guys dropping to 44.

I don't consider Nick Bolton or Jabrill Cox top linebackers per se. I see Cox as a Top 75-99 player. I think Bolton is a solid 3rd-4th rounder.

Gaede

Reaction score
Farley could. I also think Moehrig is being overrated a bit. The way all the safeties dropped last year said a lot about how teams value the position.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I think it depends on who you may consider a top linebacker. I think guys like Parsons, Collins, and Davis get picked in R1 or very early R2; I don't see any of those guys dropping to 44.

I don't consider Nick Bolton or Jabrill Cox top linebackers per se. I see Cox as a Top 75-99 player. I think Bolton is a solid 3rd-4th rounder.
I think Bolton is a really good player but I’m just not crazy about Cox.

If Bolton slides into the third, he is going to be super value IMO. That guy is just a good football player.

Something about Cox bothers me. He is pretty good in coverage but that is about it. I don’t know... maybe I’m off on him.

I’d much rather pick McGrone than Cox.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I can’t sign off on any linebacker that doesn’t show the ability to cover which is why I want no part of Parsons..

Does he have the athletic ability? Sure.

But his ability to cover is based on projection and that is just to big of a gamble for me.

I like Collins and Davis more than Parsons.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think Bolton is a really good player but I’m just not crazy about Cox.

If Bolton slides into the third, he is going to be super value IMO. That guy is just a good football player.

Something about Cox bothers me. He is pretty good in coverage but that is about it. I don’t know... maybe I’m off on him.

I’d much rather pick McGrone than Cox.

I’m a McGrone fan too. There’s also a kid from Purdue (I can’t remember his name) that I really like as a 4th round prospect.

morasp

Reaction score
Bolton is a football player but I'm not sure they're high on him. I think there's a strong possibility Davis could be there. Other players of interest and need would be Moehrig, Phillips, Onwuzurike, Stokes (if we don't get a corner in the first). Last year Diggs was expected to go in the first so it could happen. If one or more players fall they should take the highest graded one.

Last edited:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I can’t sign off on any linebacker that doesn’t show the ability to cover which is why I want no part of Parsons..

Does he have the athletic ability? Sure.

But his ability to cover is based on projection and that is just to big of a gamble for me.

I like Collins and Davis more than Parsons.
I feel kind of the same way about coverage. With Parsons though, I think he could play some in the LEO role and have an impact going after the QB. Let Gregory play it as the starter but Parsons would be there some of the time as well when he isn’t playing a traditional LB spot.

I’ve said this since the start of the pre draft process: I’m okay with Parsons at 10 because he’s so gifted but Quinn better have a plan on how to use him. He can cover but it certainly isn’t a strength... but he’s very good going into the backfield. Playing forward. Use him some at LEO and put him in a position to run free to the ball and that guy would produce some negative plays for the offense.

If you’re just going to stick him at LB and ask him to drop in coverage a lot, I don’t want to use the 10th pick on him.

I’d rather have JOK if that’s what you’re going to do.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Bolton is a football player but I'm not sure they're high on him. I think there's a strong possibility Davis could be there. Other players of interest and need would be Moehrig, Phillips, Onwuzurike, Stokes (if we don't get a corner in the first). Last year Diggs was expected to go in the first so if one or more players fall they should take the highest rated one.
Dallas likes length in their LB’s, so they probably won’t really even consider Bolton... though I have hope that Quinn might be changing that some.

morasp

Reaction score
Dallas likes length in their LB’s, so they probably won’t really even consider Bolton... though I have hope that Quinn might be changing that some.
That's what I think too. If we could just get one with good play instincts like Bolton it would do wonders for the front seven.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I feel kind of the same way about coverage. With Parsons though, I think he could play some in the LEO role and have an impact going after the QB. Let Gregory play it as the starter but Parsons would be there some of the time as well when he isn’t playing a traditional LB spot.

I’ve said this since the start of the pre draft process: I’m okay with Parsons because he’s so gifted but Quinn better have a plan on how to use him. He can cover but it certainly isn’t a strength... but he’s very good going into the backfield. Use him some at LEO and put him in a position to run free to the ball and that guy would produce some negative plays for the offense.

If your just going to stick him at LB and ask him to drop in coverage a lot, I don’t want to use the 10th pick on him.

That’s the problem with taking a LB in round 1. When does he see the field ? I guess you can assume that LVE will be hurt for long periods of time. But if not how do you justify drafting a player that may not get a lot of opportunities ?

cnuball21

Reaction score

I’ve said this since the start of the pre draft process: I’m okay with Parsons at 10 because he’s so gifted but Quinn better have a plan on how to use him. He can cover but it certainly isn’t a strength... but he’s very good going into the backfield. Playing forward. Use him some at LEO and put him in a position to run free to the ball and that guy would produce some negative plays for the offense.

If you’re just going to stick him at LB and ask him to drop in coverage a lot, I don’t want to use the 10th pick on him.

I think the coverage talk about Parsons is getting blown out of proportion. The scouting reports list it more as a question mark than a negative just because he doesn't have a tone of experience there. Most LBs that are bad at or have bad instincts and aren't good athletes. Parsons checks both those boxes so I don't see how can't be at least average in coverage at the next level.

With how good he is at blitzing I think he's also going to be doing a lot of that on 3rd down with others dropping into coverage.

I like your idea about using him creatively too. Zero, zero hesitations taking him at 10.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
That’s the problem with taking a LB in round 1. When does he see the field ? I guess you can assume that LVE will be hurt for long periods of time. But if not how do you justify drafting a player that may not get a lot of opportunities ?
You really don’t, which is why I don’t expect it.

If you’re going to cut Jaylon’s snaps waaayyy back or something, maybe... but I don’t think the team is there yet, although the fans seem to be. Maybe move Smith to SLB and play Parsons at WLB.

But then they just signed Neal for that.

The bottom line for me is that I’d be very surprised if they went with Parsons at all. Like I said, if they do draft Micha, I think they have a definite plan for him.

Last edited: