Who is not scared to go to Lambeau?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Alweezy;1838448 said:
It was a tough loss today, but there is still plenty of football to be played and if we take care of business on our side of things we will be just fine. The way things are shaping up the road to a superbowl is going to go through Green Bay whether at home or on the road. So really at the end of the day are you scared to play Green Bay in Green Bay? Do you think the Cowboys could win that game?

I think the Green Bay game at Lambeau is not an instant win for them as it is being described.. it would be tough, but I'd rather play in the open elements and know they are going through the same misery, and trouble gripping balls, etc and have an anything could happen mentality... than to play them at Texas Stadium where it would be as close to perfect conditions, and the pressure to hold serve. We've shown to be very focused on the road, whereas at home we seem to get caught up in our own fanfare sometimes...

Hopefully we win the last 2 games and we get to play in front of the homecrowd and make Texas Stadium a place to fear... but if it comes down to travelling on the road, I'm feeling like we'd have a shot.

Since when are we going to lambeau? Do you know how much football there is to be played?

Lambeau and the packers are not even in the equation right now.

getting back to basics and beating carolina is all that matters.

Givincer

Reaction score
I'm definitely not scared if the Cowboys go to Lambeau.

Being at home at all for this team in the playoffs scares me, quite honestly.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Let's just hope we lock down home-field advantage and wake up when we play at home.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
SuperMan313;1838641 said:
Remind me of the acievements of Tony Romo in the playoffs?

The Cowboys record at Lambeau all time explains itself.

I notice how you did not show up after we beat the Pack.

The definition of Coward?

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
i'd rather go on the Road. we will win any road game we play in the playoffs barring poor play or injury.

at the Home the boys have sleptwalked alot thru games. deplorable play.

plus i don't want to deal with "favre never won in tx stadium".

13-3 would serve us well. :)

Alweezy;1838448 said:
It was a tough loss today, but there is still plenty of football to be played and if we take care of business on our side of things we will be just fine. The way things are shaping up the road to a superbowl is going to go through Green Bay whether at home or on the road. So really at the end of the day are you scared to play Green Bay in Green Bay? Do you think the Cowboys could win that game?

I think the Green Bay game at Lambeau is not an instant win for them as it is being described.. it would be tough, but I'd rather play in the open elements and know they are going through the same misery, and trouble gripping balls, etc and have an anything could happen mentality... than to play them at Texas Stadium where it would be as close to perfect conditions, and the pressure to hold serve. We've shown to be very focused on the road, whereas at home we seem to get caught up in our own fanfare sometimes...

Hopefully we win the last 2 games and we get to play in front of the homecrowd and make Texas Stadium a place to fear... but if it comes down to travelling on the road, I'm feeling like we'd have a shot.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
we've never won in lambeau.

meanwhile, we're 4-1 in nfc championship games at texas stadium.

scared? no. want to test history? not really.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
SacredStar;1838790 said:
Dallas is undefeated on the road.

Green Bay can be beat at home....just ask the Bears.

They also almost, and should have, lost to Washington and Philadelphia there.

There is no more Lambeau mystique.

What concerns me is the Packers are still playing at a moderate to high level and Dallas seems to be declining.

LOL, I would not expect you to think anything less. YOu have been minimizing the Packers play all season long. I don't quite get the "should have lost to Washington' schtick with two Tds called back because of bad refs calls that they admitted were wrong, or the Philly game where actually both teams played each other to a draw but in the end made a play and won it. How is the Philly/Gb game any different than the Dallas Buffalo game game where the Cowboy made a play at the end and won it. I don';t minimize what Dallas has done this year and think they are a great team. But to think their play would not be affected by playing in 10 degree weather in January is whistling past the graveyard.

And if your reasoning for beating GB in Lambeau is because the Bears did it, (their most fierce rival) then again you just totally overlook the Packers.I don't want to get into the differences between the team at that time and teh team now. Packers had NO running game then. Again, Discount Grant all you want but he has made a difference to the Packers philosophy.

My question would be, what is Romos stats in cold weather? I honestly don't know if he has performed well or not.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
FloridaRob;1838966 said:
LOL, I would not expect you to think anything less. YOu have been minimizing the Packers play all season long. I don't quite get the "should have lost to Washington' schtick with two Tds called back because of bad refs calls that they admitted were wrong, or the Philly game where actually both teams played each other to a draw but in the end made a play and won it. How is the Philly/Gb game any different than the Dallas Buffalo game game where the Cowboy made a play at the end and won it. I don';t minimize what Dallas has done this year and think they are a great team. But to think their play would not be affected by playing in 10 degree weather in January is whistling past the graveyard.

And if your reasoning for beating GB in Lambeau is because the Bears did it, (their most fierce rival) then again you just totally overlook the Packers.I don't want to get into the differences between the team at that time and teh team now. Packers had NO running game then. Again, Discount Grant all you want but he has made a difference to the Packers philosophy.

My question would be, what is Romos stats in cold weather? I honestly don't know if he has performed well or not.

He hasnt had to really play in any cold weather in the pro's yet. Last year in ny in december and seattle in january is all there is.

He is from burlington wis. though and played college ball at eastern illinois so cold weather shouldnt throw him off that much.

the thing I worry about with cold weather is tackling. that is where guys get affected.

and again, when did GB clinch home field, and beat their divisional opponent?

I must have missed something, I am sure the bears will play them tough and detroit in the last week should play them tough, do I think they will lose, no but divisional games, particularly at the end of the season are difficult to judge.

Long way to go for both teams.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
theebs;1838989 said:
He hasnt had to really play in any cold weather in the pro's yet. Last year in ny in december and seattle in january is all there is.

He is from burlington wis. though and played college ball at eastern illinois so cold weather shouldnt throw him off that much.

the thing I worry about with cold weather is tackling. that is where guys get affected.

and again, when did GB clinch home field, and beat their divisional opponent?

I must have missed something, I am sure the bears will play them tough and detroit in the last week should play them tough, do I think they will lose, no but divisional games, particularly at the end of the season are difficult to judge.

Long way to go for both teams.

I agree with what you said. The one thing about MCarthy is he really does take it each game at a time. He has developed a professional attitude and with it being the youngest team in the league, it has been nice.

Of Course the next two weeks the Bear team and Lion team will be reved up, just like the Eagles were today. Hopefully the Packers come out on top. With Dalls losing today, it sure changes the way MM may approach the last game of the year tho if they are still tied.

I was only responsding to the way some posters were thinking that going to Lambeau would be no problem in the playoffs. What happened in the past few years with Gb losing, and what happened before that when they never lost has no bearing on what would happen this year.

I know I would rather play Dallas at GB than having to watch them go to Dallas again in January.

SacredStar

Reaction score
FloridaRob;1839013 said:
I was only responsding to the way some posters were thinking that going to Lambeau would be no problem in the playoffs.

Well since you quoted me, it's obvious you were responding to what I said, and not "some" posters.

In that case, point out where I said it would be no problem going to Green Bay in the playoffs, because I missed it.