Who is our best backup safety?

EndGame

Reaction score
Who do you think has played better in Roy's absence - Watkins or Killa? I just read that Davis is starting even though Watkins is ready to play. I tend to think Watkins is the better of the two, but maybe that's because the entire defense was playing better before he got hurt.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
EndGame;2369755 said:
Who do you think has played better in Roy's absence - Watkins or Killa? I just read that Davis is starting even though Watkins is ready to play. I tend to think Watkins is the better of the two, but maybe that's because the entire defense was playing better before he got hurt.

watkins is going to be a hell of a player if he could stay healthy.

i like keith because of his vocal leadership and hard hits.

watkins will lay the wood too.

i wish someone would post that hit he laid on vick a couple years ago....sweet.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Watkins is more a FS. Davis a SS

Depends where they are deployed offset Hamlin. I think Hamlin SS and Watkins at FS is our best duo. Roy with an arm or smashed arm.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
none of the above.

and BTW. Killa isn't a backup anymore.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
I have always been a big fan of Watkins and I think he can be a good safety for us. I also think he fits better at FS and Hamlin at SS, but it doesnt make sense to switch them around now at mid-season. We're having enough trouble as it is with players at their current positions. I wouldn't mind the switch at all in the off season.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
Davis is SS, Watkins is a FS. Unless they move Hamlin to SS, then Davis is better suited IMO to start in Roy's absense.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Killah has been making plays where as Hawkins still = Deer in Headlights...

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
Courtney Brown is intriguing, but it's too early to tell what he's got.

Davis is a good backup, who unfortunatley needs to start.

Watkins is a better backup than Davis in my opinion, but he's not 100% yet and his injury is the reoccuring type that can make him play tentatively. I think he'll probably play more special teams this week then saftey.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Im a big fan a Pat Watkins , but a person at his height and size 6-5 215, you would expect alot more interceptions from him and alot more production.

Pat Watkins cover skills as a FS is mediocre at best and it needs to improve.... But I believe Pat Watkins and Roy Williams would be better in a 4-3 defense....

Courtney Brown, he's not nobody to write home about... To be honest with the safeties we have not with Keith Davis, Pat Watkins, and Cortney Brown, im pretty scared, and I guess that's why I know it's October...

Cowboys need to switch back to a 4-3 Defense.