Who is our other starting CB?

LittleD

Reaction score
And with the 10th pick in the 2021 draft the Dallas Cowboys select....

After trading up with Atlanta for their 4th pick in the draft. Jerry Jones selects Pitts to make up for the Randy Moss debacle. Jerry trades away his No 1 and No 3 in this years draft & his
No 1 pick in next years draft to get the next HOF TE to make his team Dak friendly.

aria

Reaction score
Have you even read a local paper , tuned in to a local radio station or tuned in to a local network?

Fans here really need to use the technology available online to gain the closer vibe surrounding the Cowboys.

This isn’t directed totally to you sir but some of the responses here make me question if others do.
Does anyone read the local paper? As far as the rest, yes I do.

I guess I don’t understand what you’re getting at or I’m missing the local vibe. Can you spell it out for me/be more specific?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Does anyone read the local paper? As far as the rest, yes I do.

I guess I don’t understand what you’re getting at or I’m missing the local vibe. Can you spell it out for me/be more specific?
I do. Unfortunately we are unable to post or link on this site.

And I’m echoing the local vibe in what our intentions are in 1st round.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, I’m saying it because I don’t think CB is a lock at all
You’re certainly entitled to your opinion.

If either of these CB’s are there it is . At least based on the info I’m reading in local papers and noise from local media I’m echoing.

starfan1

Reaction score
if we had to play next week it would be Brown but camp and draft will help decide who is playing across from Diggs

lukin2006

Reaction score
You'll find out after the draft. I think we use our second pick on the corner.

I think we use our number 1 on the best player available or we trade down...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s time for fans to realize what our intentions and priorities are on Day 1. If either Surtain or Horn are sitting there at #10 , that’s our selection. Now, if your argument is they won’t be sitting there, then that’s a worthy discussion.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
They might not draft a CB high, they very well could pick up some team's veteran cut in late pre-season. Don't underestimate this team they sign a bunch of 1 year rental D-line and safety/linebackers to fill out numbers on the roster already.

quickccc

Reaction score
I'd be very surprised (and disappointed) if we did not draft a highly regarded CB within the first two rounds.

Dunno what will become of last year's 4th rounder draftee Reggie Robinson as he'll go thru another year of even getting adjusted to NFL.
He was basically red shirted in '20. and he was being trained as a converted safety, and now he's being moved back to CB.

And how will Robinson even get time this year as a CB, behind recently re-signed Lewis (should he stay at CB) and year before re-signed Brown
and a likely CB drafted high this year ?

aria

Reaction score
I’d agree. The other starting CB isn’t on the roster yet.

Id be interested in arguments where the Cowboys wouldn’t take Surtain or Horn if they are sitting there?
There’s only 2 good ones and some bad ones

Good ones
1) Parsons but that would mean Jerry admitting he was wrong about LVE and Jaylon so most likely it won’t happen. Plus I don’t trust him and it wouldn’t surprise me if he gets suspended at some point

2) Slater we could use. He’s versatile and can play almost any position on the line but it most likely won’t happen because it’s not an immediate need.

Bad ones
1) Pitts is allegedly a lock for the HOF (because we’ve never heard this before with someone who doesn’t even sniff the HOF)

2) the people who always say take BPA and if Smith is there he would be the BPA over Surtain or Horn according to many (not all) analysts

Winonesoon

Reaction score
They will not be the question. Diggs , Sartain/Horn, lewis, Brown.... That's good enough. next, please find some fat boys for the Dline.

Even LVE and Jaylon will be ok back there.

aria

Reaction score
It’s time for fans to realize what our intentions and priorities are on Day 1. If either Surtain or Horn are sitting there at #10 , that’s our selection. Now, if your argument is they won’t be sitting there, then that’s a worthy discussion.
This is what I’m hoping for and makes the most sense.

What’s funny is when everyone originally started talking about the draft most people wanted Surtain. They were talking about how great our secondary could be for years to come, a big position of need, yadda yadda yadda.

Then Pitts becomes all the rage and a lot of fans are just as bad as Jerry. They want the most high profile player that’s not a QB, no matter what the cost or need. They preach a team should always want the BPA but when I ask them what would happen if Pitts is gone and Smith becomes the BPA (according to many) they suddenly get quiet.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It would be Robinson unless they draft Patrick Sertain II. I like the idea of those two Alabama CB's working together in the secondary.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They might not draft a CB high, they very well could pick up some team's veteran cut in late pre-season. Don't underestimate this team they sign a bunch of 1 year rental D-line and safety/linebackers to fill out numbers on the roster already.

Yeah but they're dumb enough to prioritize cornerback.