Who Is The Greatest?

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
Here I will attempt to countdown to which franchise is the greatest franchise since the NFL Merger. I will attempt be to as unbiased as possible as I countdown from the worst to the best of the modern NFL.

A Quick Disclaimer

Keep in mind that any stats I give or any championships won have only been earned from 1970 on. Thus, the Super Bowls that pitted the AFL Champion vs the NFL Champion were not take into consideration. Neither were any NFL or AFL Championships won since these all took place before the merger. This is an attempt to find out the greatest team of the modern NFL era (1970 - Present). I'll try and continue the countdown at least once per day.

NFL10480_sm.jpg
#32 HOUSTON TEXANS

The Houston Texans start off our countdown as the worst team since the 1970 merger. It seemed as if the Houston Texan franchise might start out with a bang when the expansion team defeated the Dallas Cowboys in their first regular season game 19-10. It was not to be. The Texans are the only team in the league that has not made the playoffs at least once. In fact, the Texans have never had a season better than 7-9. In fairness, the Texans are the also the youngest team in the league. They have only four full season under their belt. With an all-time record of 18-46-0 the Texans average only 4 wins per season. This has lead them to the lowest all time win percentage in the league at .281.

All Time Record - 18-46-0
All Time Win Percentage - .281
Playoff Appearances - 0
Playoff Record - 0-0
Division Championships - 0
Conference Championships - 0
Super Bowl Championships - 0

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
cardinals_logo_small.gif
#31 ARIZONA CARDINALS

Unlike the Texans the Cardinals do not have the excuse of being a young football team since they have been around since before the 1970 merger. In their 35 year tenure with the modern NFL the Cardinals have managed to make it to post season play four times. These playoff births came in 1974, 1975, 1982, and 1998. Of these four times they have only managed to win one of their playoff games - a 1998 wild card victory over the Dallas Cowboys. The Arizona Cardinals boast the third worst all time win percentage in the league. With an all-time record of 219-327-6 they hold down a measly .402 win percentage. The Cardinals have won two division championships, both of which came durring their stay in the NFC East. The Cardinals are now a part of the NFC West. The Cardinals have been a part of the NFC West for four full seasons and have not posted a final season record better than 5-11 in those four seasons.

All-Time Record - 219-327-6
All-Time Win Percentage - .402
Best Season Record - 11-3
Playoff Appearances - 4
Playoff Record - 1-4
Division Championships - 2
Conference Championships - 0
Super Bowl Championships - 0