Who is the one who called Hitchens a "scrub" ?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Fess up !!!! the truth will set you free ! he's an absolute steal for a 4th round pick . The guy has shown tremendous improvement . He was all over the field making playing the last two weeks . His confidence is tremendous !!!

Tawney88

Reaction score
I didn't like the Hitchens pick. The player has turned out to be very good but my dislike for the pick wasn't about his ability but that he was drafted to early.

It's great that all of you had the insight to know he was going to be a great pick. Is it because you knew what type of player he was and how effective he could be? More likely you loved the pick because Dallas picked him. Just like many of you who claimed Matt Johnson was the right guy all last year and much of this past off season. I'd wager you folks claimed guys like Stanback, AOA and countless others were great picks too.

The bottom line is we got a great player a round or two to early. I would love to have been able to get more players that could help and still have Hitchens. That isn't what happened and I'm okay with the player we got. I just hope we continue to draft better the last couple of years have been good But there is room for improvement.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hitchens is a scrub. So is Ro, but that won't matter much once he is jailed for insurance fraud. :laugh:

Dodger12

Reaction score
Hey look........another call out thread. These get real lame after a while, especially when posters like the Op can't remember some of the garbage they posted.

Regarding Witten.......

I'm not trolling this is a serious question . I love witten , but let's face it he is not getting any separation anymore . Escobar seems like a bust and Hannah is a decent 2nd TE . I think we need a freakish athletic TE that can stretch the field . Witten's best days are gone .

Regarding Leary whom the Op called a "scrub" and a career back-up (sound familiar?)......

This guy is a scrub , career backup nothing more.

Or how about this gem on some overrated and underrated players on our team......Smith, Bryant, Murray and Leary were all overrated according to you. But Brandon Carr is a shut down corner......

Overrated :
Ron Leary- He has poor lateral movement and has been average to below average pass blocking. He is by far our worst OL.

Tyron Smith - He has been our 2nd worst OL this season. Costly penalties and often seem to get overpowered on run plays.

Dez Bryant- yes i know dez is a beast. But, he has costs us huge this season. That 3rd down drop against the chiefs , that HUGE 3rd down drop against the chargers to kill the drive and that huge fumble against denver. He has so much talent but he needs to become a smarter player.

Demarco Murray- he is 4th in rushing in the entire league but the more i watch him the more i miss a runner with a good center of gravity , great balance and good vision. Murray is a decent RB but i wouldnt hesitate taking a RB in the top 2 rounds next year. An explosive back with ability to break tackles is needed.

Underrated
George Selvie- he is having a great season , if i am jerry jones i sign him now to a cap friendly deal (we are going to lose spencer and with ware owed 12 million next year who knows ?

Brandon Carr - its rare teams even throw at him , he is a very solid CB

And hey, the offensive line was looking good (according to you) in December, 2012.....you know, the one where people now claim that JG had the worse line when he took over and it took years to rebuild? And you pimped Cook and Costa while an "anonymous" poster claimed otherwise in the same thread. And, in that same thread, you wanted to draft another RB to replace Murray.

About one thing : the offensive line . I don't see huge needs here like most of you do . I think livings has played great this year and Bernadeau has gotten much better . Smith has played well . Now I do agree we can use an upgrade with one position RT. I wouldn't mind getting a new RT and just letting costa and cook complete for the starting spot . Cook has been playing great these last 4 games .

Holy smokes the Op couldn't have been more off on his assessments but now he wants to start a thread pointing fingers at others for their opinions? Lame..........

Hoov

Reaction score
Hey look........another call out thread. These get real lame after a while, especially when posters like the Op can't remember some of the garbage they posted.

Regarding Witten.......

Regarding Leary whom the Op called a "scrub" and a career back-up (sound familiar?)......

Or how about this gem on some overrated and underrated players on our team......Smith, Bryant, Murray and Leary were all overrated according to you. But Brandon Carr is a shut down corner......

And hey, the offensive line was looking good (according to you) in December, 2012.....you know, the one where people now claim that JG had the worse line when he took over and it took years to rebuild? And you pimped Cook and Costa while an "anonymous" poster claimed otherwise in the same thread. And, in that same thread, you wanted to draft another RB to replace Murray.

Holy smokes the Op couldn't have been more off on his assessments but now he wants to start a thread pointing fingers at others for their opinions? Lame..........

Not taking sides with anyone here. But that is some pretty funny stuff right there.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't like the Hitchens pick. The player has turned out to be very good but my dislike for the pick wasn't about his ability but that he was drafted to early.

It's great that all of you had the insight to know he was going to be a great pick. Is it because you knew what type of player he was and how effective he could be? More likely you loved the pick because Dallas picked him. Just like many of you who claimed Matt Johnson was the right guy all last year and much of this past off season. I'd wager you folks claimed guys like Stanback, AOA and countless others were great picks too.

The bottom line is we got a great player a round or two to early. I would love to have been able to get more players that could help and still have Hitchens. That isn't what happened and I'm okay with the player we got. I just hope we continue to draft better the last couple of years have been good But there is room for improvement.

The real lesson is probably not to heap criticism on players before they even play a down in Dallas. The odds are long on most players, and there are a lot of variables that go into production. It's generally best to have data before you become certain of any hypothesis. Positive or negative.

That said, if posters want to pretend they are positive about outcomes before they can be, and hide from their earlier positions when proven wrong time and time again, they really ought not be shocked that other posters remember it. Especially when it comes to a fan message board where so many are here because we enjoy Cowboys football and love the organization.

Personally, I don't like reading a bunch of callout posts, but revisiting debates now that there's actual data is fair game as long as it stays within the guidelines. The same would go for a Matt Johnson thread if you think one would get any traction. It probably wouldn't because the guy simply was never healthy here.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I never spoke poorly of him that I recall. However, I wasn't high on him either. He's still got some work to do but, has flashed some promise. I like his poise and quick reaction. Really good instincts, which can't be taught. If he works hard, he can be a solid starter.