Who is your biggest surprise player this year?

Jumbo075

Reaction score
For me, Noah Brown has been a big surprise. I expected Tolbert to slide into the role of temporary starter until Gallup returned, and be the 3rd receiver going forward. But Noah Brown has definitely earned time on the field for more than just special teams and blocking.

Motorola

Reaction score
For me, Noah Brown has been a big surprise. I expected Tolbert to slide into the role of temporary starter until Gallup returned, and be the 3rd receiver going forward. But Noah Brown has definitely earned time on the field for more than just special teams and blocking.
I'd have to agree; but if DaRon Bland continues to play like he did this Sunday - he'll get his share of accolades.

jaybird

Reaction score
Cooper hands down

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For me, there’s several…in this order:
  1. Tyler Smith- I thought he would struggle at LT. (He may struggle some down the road) He’s been outstanding.
  2. Noah Brown- has become a very reliable 3rd receiver.
  3. Dorance Armstrong- has 3 sacks in 4 games and a blocked fg. Has been very active in every game. He’s an example of a long term development project that worked out.

Verdict

Reaction score
  1. Tyler Smith- I thought he would struggle at LT. (He may struggle some down the road) He’s been outstanding.
  3. Dorance Armstrong- has 3 sacks in 4 games and a blocked fg. Has been very active in every game. He’s an example of a long term development project working out.
Isn’t Armstrong in the final year of his contract? If so he will generate interest on the free agent market.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
  3. Dorance Armstrong- has 3 sacks in 4 games and a blocked fg. Has been very active in every game. He’s an example of a long term development project that worked out.

Robert, how do you not have Cooper Rush on your list?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good list. I always thought Brown was good, just hasn't had a lot of reps till now. Tyler will work out nicely.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Robert, how do you not have Cooper Rush on your list?
I guess because I’m not that surprised he has played so well. He played really well against Minnesota last year. That was a big surprise for me. But this year, he hasn’t really shocked me. Maybe if he leads us to a win against the rams I will be more surprised.

He’s been excellent for sure. But other than Cincy, he hasn’t exactly faced murderer’s row of tough teams. Without our defense, we’re probably 1-3 because we are still only averaging about 23 points a game which isn’t terrible, but without a good D, that’s not that potent.

I like Cooper Rush a lot but I’m just not as impressed as many here.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Steele
Donovan
Smith
Rush
Armstrong
Brown

Scotman

Reaction score
I'm going to go against the grain and say Diggs. If you had told me that Diggs wouldn't be getting the INTs at the same rate as last year, I would have thought that he'd be getting burnt from gambling. I LOVED what he was able to do last year, but I thought it was more about fortunate timing and a bit of luck.

But Diggs has surprised me by looking more like a complete CB this year. Maybe I was expecting a fall-off simply because we haven't had a CB of his caliber in a long, long time.