Who Is Your "X-Factor" This Season?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I will go with Gregory. If he plays 16 and finally meets his talent level he is going to be really good. That is going to really help Lawrence. Those 2 balling will trickle down to the whole defense.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
After the obvious choices I'll go with DT Neville Gallimore. He showed some flashes last season and will be more comfortable in his second year. Dan Quinn should be better at unlocking Gallimore's potential than Mike Nolan was and any hopes of a better run defense will have to start in the middle of the d-line.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
My X Factor is anyone with the wherewithal to lift this team into bigger and brighter horizons! Don't laugh; it could actually happen! :grin:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah. QB isn't a completely different animal. What position is like that on D again? Who's the guy involved in every single play?

heck, give me a stud MLBer, DT, that can come in take the leadership role over on the D and make a big difference.

This defense needs an emotional leader and playmaker on Defense. That would be my pick for someone becoming that dynamic player this year.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
heck, give me a stud MLBer, DT, that can come in take the leadership role over on the D and make a big difference.

This defense needs an emotional leader and playmaker on Defense. That would be my pick for someone becoming that dynamic player this year.

Expecting leadership from a rookie is stupid

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Expecting leadership from a rookie is stupid

Who said anything about expected or likely? Do you understand the thread? Go grab some tissues, reread the original post and see if you can work it out. Take some time if you need it. I’ll be here to explain it to you if you continue to struggle with it.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Who is the one guy who could change the outlook of our season?

For me it's Vander Esch, he showed how good he could be in his rookie season and having a true MLB thumper on the squad would be huge. A healthy LVE is the most important part of this defense to me.

So what say you?
I’m hoping it’s Elliot.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Who said anything about expected or likely? Do you understand the thread? Go grab some tissues, reread the original post and see if you can work it out. Take some time if you need it. I’ll be here to explain it to you if you continue to struggle with it.
I totally believe a rookie could become a leader. It’s about attitude as much as performance. People still don’t get that

MyFairLady

Reaction score
If all of the guys that sucked balls last year can turn into pro bowlers we should be solid.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Assuming everyone is healthy, it would be awesome if Gregory, Gallimore, and LVE have good seasons.

Including health issues, Dak, Smith, and Collins have to be close to 100% for most of the season for us to compete.

Edit - Actually 10 starters on defense are wildcards. Honestly, the only one I have faith in is DLaw. I would be willing to bet that he finishes with 6-10 sacks, gets doubled a TON, and plays lights out against the run. Everybody else....Question marks.

Mcsports

Reaction score
Blake jarwin. Not adept at blocking but he will rack up YAC over the
Middle. Tremendous safety valve on passing downs.

pete026

Reaction score
I'd do that too if I had nothing.

I'll leave you with this.

1-3 vs. mostly contenders.

5-7 vs. mostly no contenders.

Thank God he's returned and we're back in the mix again.
Fixed it for you.

conner01

Reaction score

For me it's Vander Esch, he showed how good he could be in his rookie season and having a true MLB thumper on the squad would be huge. A healthy LVE is the most important part of this defense to me.

So what say you?
Kinda hard to say even before the draft

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

So what say you?

Mine isn't a player, it's an entire unit. The defense needs to be a lot better than it was last season. If it isn't, all of the offense in the world won't get this team anywhere.