Who likes the draft more than the games?

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’m a massive draft nerd and love the lead up, watching the players, forum etc…

Don’t think I’d put it up there with the games though.

Flamma

Reaction score
This is my favorite week of the year. I watch every pick. I watch nfl network, espn, and the Cowboys draft show.
To me, the first two days are the best football days of the year. Far surpassing the SB. I like the SB, but unless the Cowboys are in it, I don't get nearly as excited for it.

I work midnights, so Thursday night is my Friday. You think I'll be in work? You have a better chance of seeing a moose run across a lake. Not that they can't do it.

visionary

Reaction score
This is my favorite week of the year. I watch every pick. I watch nfl network, espn, and the Cowboys draft show.
Fans of teams who are unsuccessful like the Cowboys in the last 29 years because they are off season champs

Hunter23

Reaction score
Man I love the draft. We always have a real solid chance to get way better. I know we will never win Super Bowl again with Jerry and Stevie but with Will we can make progress with the draft. I am old and don't have that long left but good luck to all the faithful fans.

funkytown817

Reaction score
Draft day(weekend) is my favorite time of the year. But it doesn't compare to game day.

I think there was a time in my life where draft day was more exciting. I'm a fan of the Saturday Day 1 (rounds 1-3) and Sunday Day 2 (rounds 4-7) format. This 3 day event takes some life out of it for me.

I remember getting ready for the first 3 rounds on a Saturday morning. Get the grill or smoker going. Get all the dips and snacks ready. Have a couple of buddies over for Day 1 when all the known players are picked. But nerding out by myself on a Sunday when guys picked that no one has heard about but you and the draft "experts". I'd flip between ESPN and NFL network but listen to the local radio broadcast to get the Cowboys insider knowledge. Those were the good ol days.

John813

Reaction score
With it being spread out over 3 days, Thursday no less, it's still fun but I will always miss the Saturday/Sunday drafts.

Carter

Reaction score
Since the Cowboys suck come the important games the Draft is the yearly Highlight which is kinda sad.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Give me the games.

I don't get into the draft as much as I used to. Loved it when we had all the picks from the Walker trade, and watched them building a winning team.
I watch it every year until last year. I watched round 1. But went to the bar to watch it last year on day 2. Watched it on Saturday.

I don't even do a mock draft anymore.

This year I am debating to just go out as well. Meet some friends, watch, or keep an eye on it over a few beers. Then watch it on Saturday.

I do not like the 3 day format. I wish they go back to the Saturday / Sunday format. But I get it, more exposure for a 3 day event for the fans. As well, to create revenue from the ads.

rambo2

Reaction score
Give me the games.

I don't get into the draft as much as I used to. Loved it when we had all the picks from the Walker trade, and watched them building a winning team.
I watch it every year until last year. I watched round 1. But went to the bar to watch it last year on day 2. Watched it on Saturday.

I don't even do a mock draft anymore.

This year I am debating to just go out as well. Meet some friends, watch, or keep an eye on it over a few beers. Then watch it on Saturday.

I do not like the 3 day format. I wish they go back to the Saturday / Sunday format. But I get it, more exposure for a 3 day event for the fans. As well, to create revenue from the ads.
This draft is going to be super important for the Cowboys and the future of the NFC East.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wish they'd go back to the Sat/Sunday formats. I know for money reasons, that won't ever happen but that was the best.

My wife would make fun of me every year - my set up:

TV of course running with draft on it - typically ESPN back then
I would take over the living room - would have a war room chart on my kids art easel with players that I would mark out as they got drafted.
Had a coffee table full of draft cheat sheets with info on the players
An old wood TV tray - was only used 1 time a year, on draft day. Would have personal laptop running with Cowboyszone chat running
Ottoman would have my work laptop running the local radio shows on it
Ice chest beside me full of Miller Lite
Pretzels and chips for snacks

Would be there 2 days in a row - enjoying every second of it.

rambo2

Reaction score
Wish they'd go back to the Sat/Sunday formats. I know for money reasons, that won't ever happen but that was the best.

My wife would make fun of me every year - my set up:

TV of course running with draft on it - typically ESPN back then
I would take over the living room - would have a war room chart on my kids art easel with players that I would mark out as they got drafted.
Had a coffee table full of draft cheat sheets with info on the players
An old wood TV tray - was only used 1 time a year, on draft day. Would have personal laptop running with Cowboyszone chat running
Ottoman would have my work laptop running the local radio shows on it
Ice chest beside me full of Miller Lite
Pretzels and chips for snacks

Would be there 2 days in a row - enjoying every second of it.
There you go.

rambo2

Reaction score
Dallas draft show getting good today. Good news on Jackson Powers-Johnson.