Who Really Doomed The Dallas Cowboys?

JeffInDC

Reaction score
The saddest part about all this is that Jerry thinks he has an elite QB. It's one thing when fans think he's elite, an entirely different problem when the owner does. This is an owner that drafted Quincy Carter, and was high on Paxton Lynch and Johnny Manzeil. Johnny football!!! The most successful first read/run quarterback that was crap in college history!! Garbage.

The even sadder part is that people want to continue to dump on THIS QB for the ineptness of the Front Office for the last 26 years - Dak didn't pay HIMSELF. Dak also didn't draft badly or constantly ignore positions that have been CONSTANTLY undermanned because of the FO thought process that those positions aren't worthy of high $$$ allocation. But, yeah, lets keep blaming Dak for all of this. Because, we won SO MUCH MORE before he got here...

Flamma

Reaction score
The even sadder part is that people want to continue to dump on THIS QB for the ineptness of the Front Office for the last 26 years - Dak didn't pay HIMSELF. Dak also didn't draft badly or constantly ignore positions that have been CONSTANTLY undermanned because of the FO thought process that those positions aren't worthy of high $$$ allocation. But, yeah, lets keep blaming Dak for all of this. Because, we won SO MUCH MORE before he got here...

You're telling this to the wrong guy. I know our front office doesn't support our QB just like he didn't support Romo. I've mentioned this in multiple posts in regard to paying Dak. Dak is not responsible for the ownerships SOP.

nobody

Reaction score
Truth be known it was Bum Bright who’s savings and loans bankruptcy and personal hardon for not being able to fire Landry drove him to choosing Jethro ,which was the lowest bid but also the only one with cash and certainty Landry was gone.

This is all Bums fault. Or we would have most likely had Lakers owner Dr Jerry Buss or Mavs owner Donald Carter as owner instead whose bids were higher but would have taken more time as they would have had to sell their majority stakes in their NBA teams.

It's also Jerry's dad's fault for blocking Jerry from buying the Chargers.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
jerry was just trying to protect the dak. the baby dak didn't have a number one, he gets dak a number one wr and he doesn't use him. Some say it's because cooper called him the black Kurt cousins, which is a compliment, but the baby dak gets mad about it like dak is a Brady, Rodgers, mahomes, or well any good quarterback. shrugs.

jerry's fault. :D he shouldn't have signed dak. i now see it was jerry's fault.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
jerry got the baby dak a number one wide receiver but he didn't use him. so let's blame jerry, not the guy who couldn't see him from fear and slow processing skills.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Jerry is running out of time for a Boys SB run and he knows the current team isn’t going anywhere this year.

Boys will make a run next year. This year is all about drafting to fix the holes on the team such as oline and about cap conservation by not over reaching.

The Boys will never make a run while Jerry and Stephen are operating the team. Never. And you can print that in 3 inch letters. You have 26 years of failure as proof.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
You're telling this to the wrong guy. I know our front office doesn't support our QB just like he didn't support Romo. I've mentioned this in multiple posts in regard to paying Dak. Dak is not responsible for the ownerships SOP.

Got it

GINeric

Reaction score
why are people blaming jerry? he's not the one who was scared to throw to him.

He's the one who pays the same coaching staff who's scared to maximize the talent we had on offense.

With that said, what's Jerry's excuse 6 years and beyond before Dak got to Dallas??? I'll wait...

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
He's the one who pays the same coaching staff who's scared to maximize the talent we had on offense.

With that said, what's Jerry's excuse 6 years and beyond before Dak got to Dallas??? I'll wait...
pretty simple, Jerrys and idiot. he paid a guy who is scared to throw the ball and has problems processing what he sees or doesn't see.
In previous years, Jerry was still an idiot who doesn't understand how to build a team.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Yeah, we hope that's the case. Last I saw he was under contract with the Saints for something like 3 more years. I'm not sure why next season he would be any more available than this season?
No idea. I was basing my reply on the many assertions of others who said Sean was coming...

Reactions: CWR

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
The Boys will never make a run while Jerry and Stephen are operating the team. Never. And you can print that in 3 inch letters. You have 26 years of failure as proof.
Oh ok. So no reason to follow the Cowboys, then.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How are they doomed? NYG trade for Wilson? WAS trade for Watson? PHL trade for Rodgers?

There is still quite a bit to happen between now and the start of the real season.

I get it, some are pissed at the lack of action in FA and letting Cooper and Gregory go but this was still a 12 win team last season and they kept continuity on the coaching staff and upgraded with Shottenheimer.

They have needs that haven't been addressed yet but that doesn't mean they will not be addressed. I do not think it's lost on them they lost a LG, WR1 and DE.