Who Turned Heads At Thursday's Practice?

waving monkey

Reaction score
Nashon Wright shouldn't have been taken at pick No. 99, he should have been taken sooner! I'm just preparing you for what football analysts will say this fall. The 6'4 rookie cornerback has made plays during minicamp. He has caught my attention in every practice I've witnessed, good or bad. Here's the bad: during his first rookie minicamp in individual drills Wright seemed uncomfortable with basic DB drills. I'm positive it was just his nerves because since rookie camp Wright has shined. Here's the good: Wright has an excellent jam at the line of scrimmage in press coverage (Isaiah Stanback from our show, Talkin' Cowboys, gave him the nickname E. Honda). He uses his long frame well to blanket receivers in man coverage and sit on routes in zone coverage.
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/who-turned-heads-at-thursday-s-practice

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Nashon Wright shouldn't have been taken at pick No. 99, he should have been taken sooner! I'm just preparing you for what football analysts will say this fall. The 6'4 rookie cornerback has made plays during minicamp. He has caught my attention in every practice I've witnessed, good or bad. Here's the bad: during his first rookie minicamp in individual drills Wright seemed uncomfortable with basic DB drills. I'm positive it was just his nerves because since rookie camp Wright has shined. Here's the good: Wright has an excellent jam at the line of scrimmage in press coverage (Isaiah Stanback from our show, Talkin' Cowboys, gave him the nickname E. Honda). He uses his long frame well to blanket receivers in man coverage and sit on routes in zone coverage.
There is nothing I would love more than to see Wright blow us all away and be a darn good CB our team can build with.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Most ironic part about Wright is that absolutely NO ONE liked that pick. Even the biggest homers said Wright was the ONE pick they didn't like.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
There is nothing I would love more than to see Wright blow us all away and be a darn good CB our team can build with.

You can say that again. .......good to see some of these young whippersnappers getting some much needed coaching from DQ and staff. Putting them in positions to succeed and developing their strengths. I like what i'm seeing so far from DQ. Hope it translates into a good defense come September.