Who wants a mulligan on the Roy Williams trade?

wick

Reaction score
Man, talk about getting nothing for a first-round pick. What really upsets me is that everyone and their dog knows that Roy would have signed with Dallas in the offseason if we wanted him, so the first-round pick cost was paid for whatever production we get this year and this year alone. This is arguably a worse deal than the Galloway fiasco in 2000. Man are we going to want that pick back in April.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I want a mulligan on the Jason Garrett hiring

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
I do agree that we definitely overpaid for the guy.

Theres no doubt he wants to be here and that it wouldn't happened one way or another. I'm not so sure why he isn't producing as much, I want to say because of the playbook but he has been here long enough to know it.

I know he is a good player I am just really baffled by it all.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
wick;2471218 said:
Man, talk about getting nothing for a first-round pick. What really upsets me is that everyone and their dog knows that Roy would have signed with Dallas in the offseason if we wanted him, so the first-round pick cost was paid for whatever production we get this year and this year alone. This is arguably a worse deal than the Galloway fiasco in 2000. Man are we going to want that pick back in April.

can we get a mulligan for posters?

jimmy40

Reaction score
Dawgs0916;2471236 said:
I do agree that we definitely overpaid for the guy.

Theres no doubt he wants to be here and that it wouldn't happened one way or another. I'm not so sure why he isn't producing as much, I want to say because of the playbook but he has been here long enough to know it.

I know he is a good player I am just really baffled by it all.
I didn't see the game, how many passes were thrown his way?

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2471241 said:
Jason Garrett needs to be revisted... I don't think he's done a very good job this year.

He has done a horrible job and put way to much pressure on Romo and the defense. When you have as many playmakers as Dallas has and you cant find a way to get them the ball there is a problem.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
CATCH17;2471266 said:
Dallas fans truly love to emberass themselves.

This is funny, because there is truth behind it.

But also... the way you spelled "emberass."

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
jimmy40;2471249 said:
I didn't see the game, how many passes were thrown his way?

Like one, if that. Which is why this all baffles me. I in no way blame him for the lack of production.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Dawgs0916;2471289 said:
Like one, if that. Which is why this all baffles me. I in no way blame him for the lack of production.
How many went TO's way? Not trying to flame, just a simple question.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
whoever is to blame aside the Lions so far got the better end of the deal.

Eskimo

Reaction score
It was a panic move by Jerry and we did give up too much for a guy who we could have had for alot less next season. This is even true moreso now that we see he isn't going to be integrated into the offense this year.

As for whether the trade is a success or not, the key will be whether RW develops into the #1 WR as TO ages. Only time will tell.

But I definitely would have rather kept the picks to rebuild the OL, LB, NT and safety depth. If he was available in the offseason as an URFA or could be had for a 2nd rounder, I would have been all over it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
jimmy40;2471309 said:
How many went TO's way? Not trying to flame, just a simple question.

Like 3 or 4. Hard to tell. Romo was just throwing the ball anywhere. I have no problem with how many TO got. I just have a problem with the routes we gave him to run.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Roy Williams should totally have around 6 catches a game, and it's his fault they don't even throw his way. Idiot!

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
He's young and just getting on a decent team. I'll wait this one out for a while. He's behaved well so ............