Who wants a mulligan on the Roy Williams trade?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Eskimo;2471332 said:
It was a panic move by Jerry and we did give up too much for a guy who we could have had for alot less next season. This is even true moreso now that we see he isn't going to be integrated into the offense this year.

As for whether the trade is a success or not, the key will be whether RW develops into the #1 WR as TO ages. Only time will tell.

But I definitely would have rather kept the picks to rebuild the OL, LB, NT and safety depth. If he was available in the offseason as an URFA or could be had for a 2nd rounder, I would have been all over it.

The Lions were going to trade him. They wanted something for him. The Eagles and Bucc's went after him and Cowboys won. I don't care about the 1st round pick. TO was getting doubled and was getting pressed at the line. Since the Roy Williams trade i've seen TO get 200 yards one game and get 100 the next. No problem with the trade.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
roy williams is going to be a serious player for us in years to come....you will see...and i bet he makes a gamewinning catch either in the next 3 games or in the playoffs...then what will you be saying? you will be back on the bandwagon...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Vintage;2471280 said:
This is funny, because there is truth behind it.

But also... the way you spelled "emberass."

I always do that and someone always nails me! Come on CATCH gah!

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2471337 said:
He's young and just getting on a decent team. I'll wait this one out for a while. He's behaved well so ............

Yeah there's no doubt about that, but its just weird how he's getting no balls thrown at him. When Crayton was the #2 he was getting more than this...it wasn't just this game either.

The guy has talent and was supposed to make plays while also freeing up T.O. I wish I knew why its not happening.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2471232 said:
Only a few people who don't know jack.

Thats so off the charts and as a mod guess you can supress real opinion contra

Roy was traded by Detroit for a Reason

He has produced at a level less than Crayton was, I documented that and after fruition? You got it supression.

We traded a 1, 3 and gave Roy #11 $9M a year.

Throwing out people that don't know Jack stuff is getting weak - even in your inner mod circle I bet.

So much for discussion boards.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Guys seem to forget that Roy Williams won us that Tampa game. WIthout that td we probably aren't even talking about going into the playoffs right now.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Dawgs0916;2471364 said:
Yeah there's no doubt about that, but its just weird how he's getting no balls thrown at him. When Crayton was the #2 he was getting more than this...it wasn't just this game either.

The guy has talent and was supposed to make plays while also freeing up T.O. I wish I knew why its not happening.

It WAS happening until they ran into the best defense in football. A great defense usually beats a great offense...ESPECIALLY in adverse weather conditions. That's what happened today.

People need to stop focusing so intently on the stat boxes. The offense was beautiful (save being a little sloppy at times) against the 49ers and Seahawks. I suspect that if they have the right mindset against the Giants, they'll perform exceptionally well next week.

wick

Reaction score
STSINAZ;2471358 said:
roy williams is going to be a serious player for us in years to come....you will see...and i bet he makes a gamewinning catch either in the next 3 games or in the playoffs...then what will you be saying? you will be back on the bandwagon...

Roy Williams is a soft player. He's always been soft and has refused to work hard to maximize his natural talent. IMO, he'll always be soft and will thus never develop into a #1 receiver. His ceiling is Alvin Harper.

Eskimo

Reaction score
wick;2471398 said:
Roy Williams is a soft player. He's always been soft and has refused to work hard to maximize his natural talent. IMO, he'll always be soft and will thus never develop into a #1 receiver. His ceiling is Alvin Harper.

I'm not a big fan of the trade but that is utter nonsense - he already has proven to be much better than Harper playing with much worse QBs so that is not his ceiling.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
wick;2471398 said:

Stupid statement of the day

jimmy40

Reaction score
wick;2471398 said:
Can you show us all your home movies of RW working out in the offseason and all his practice tapes?

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
187beatdown;2471430 said:
Our QB doesn't know how to spread the ball.

The Steelers would argue that, all their DB had a chance today.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2471263 said:
He has done a horrible job and put way to much pressure on Romo and the defense. When you have as many playmakers as Dallas has and you cant find a way to get them the ball there is a problem.

At least he knows how to line T.O. in the backfield for a toss play. :rolleyes:

utrunner07

Reaction score
Hostile;2471232 said:
Only a few people who don't know jack.

I got to agree. I was against the trade to begin with but now after seeing Roy in limited action Im glad we got him. A lot of ya'll were right and I was wrong. We basically took a first round pick and chose a young but PROVEN wide receiver which is something we would have done any way but not had the provenness of the situation. So all this to say Im glad we got him, he seems to be very classy, very low key, solid...etc.etc. I look foward to the time when he is our #1 and we can all stop worrying about TO. (though I like TO too, I like everyone right now:) im just sad we lost :( but happy the D played so well :) but sad that Tony had a rough night :) but happy that Choice played incredible :) but sad at what has gone on with barber :( but happy that if we win out we are in the playoffs:) but sad that i have very little faith in this team to string together three solid games to get to the playoffs and then three more to make it to the superbowl:( but happy that I would be happy with the NFC title game this year :) but sad that we still won't make that :( I digress.

wick

Reaction score
jimmy40;2471436 said:
Can you show us all your home movies of RW working out in the offseason and all his practice tapes?

This is commonly known by Longhorn insiders. Go ask Lions insiders and I bet they'd say the same. Roy Williams was the leader of a diva element at Texas; it's no surprise that the Longhorns became a much harder working team in 2004 after Williams and his crew left.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
utrunner07;2471452 said:
I got to agree. I was against the trade to begin with but now after seeing Roy in limited action Im glad we got him. A lot of ya'll were right and I was wrong. We basically took a first round pick and chose a young but PROVEN wide receiver which is something we would have done any way but not had the provenness of the situation. So all this to say Im glad we got him, he seems to be very classy, very low key, solid...etc.etc. I look foward to the time when he is our #1 and we can all stop worrying about TO. (though I like TO too, I like everyone right now:) im just sad we lost :( but happy the D played so well :) but sad that Tony had a rough night :) but happy that Choice played incredible :) but sad at what has gone on with barber :( but happy that if we win out we are in the playoffs:) but sad that i have very little faith in this team to string together three solid games to get to the playoffs and then three more to make it to the superbowl:( but happy that I would be happy with the NFC title game this year :) but sad that we still won't make that :( I digress.
I have to admit, this post had me laughing a little bit as I tried to read the smilies.

jimmy40

Reaction score
wick;2471462 said:
This is commonly known by Longhorn insiders. Go ask Lions insiders and I bet they'd say the same. Roy Williams was the leader of a diva element at Texas; it's no surprise that the Longhorns became a much harder working team in 2004 after Williams and his crew left.
So you're a Longhorn insider?