Who wants Ramsey now?

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Who wants Ramsey now?

-- Alex Marvez
Sun Sentinel
Posted September 18 2005

In the 2004 offseason, the Dolphins were snubbed when trying to trade their 2005 first-round draft choice to Washington for quarterback Patrick Ramsey.

Chalk it up as yet another foolish move by Commanders management.

Ramsey is clearly on the outs in Washington, as he already was demoted behind Mark Brunell after struggling in the first half of last Sunday's 9-7 victory over Chicago. Ramsey may soon find himself in a third-string role with Washington having selected Auburn QB Jason Campbell in the first round of last April's draft.

Ramsey's biggest flaw is a penchant for turnovers.

"It was just a general feeling I have," Commanders coach Joe Gibbs said of the switch. "I'm looking for someone to really establish themselves as the quarterback, take over and take off with the team. "

The Commanders may still try to trade Ramsey and a team like the Dolphins, which settled on current third-string QB A.J. Feeley, would probably listen. But Ramsey's trade value is nowhere near what it once was in South Florida or anywhere else.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-nflbrite18sep18,0,444989.story?coll=sfla-sports-headlines

jay cee

Reaction score
I don't think you were on this forum during Ramsey's rookie year. You should have seen all the posters clamoring about how they just knew he was going to be a good one.

It was such a shame that Washington had their qb of the future and the Cowboys were stuck with Carter.

I said it then and I will forever say it, no one knows how these players will turn out.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
jay cee said:
I don't think you were on this forum during Ramsey's rookie year. You should have seen all the posters clamoring about how they just knew he was going to be a good one.

It was such a shame that Washington had their qb of the future and the Cowboys were stuck with Carter.

I said it then and I will forever say it, no one knows how these players will turn out.
Well, the jury might still be out on him, (tho I think it's been in for awhile - we'll see), but he sure has to be at least as viable an option as Gus Frerrote - who looks like a ghost of his once mediocre self.

They must be crying for the perpetually maligned Fiedler in Miami. :)