Who was the "anonymous" Pro Bowler???

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Everyone's frustrated right now to have lost a close game that was very winnable, so after we get back on the right track, all will be fine.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Ed never said if it was an active anonymous pro bowler from the cowboys. Ed didn't say if it was someone who used to play for the cowboys and was cut. Ed didn't say if it was someone in the media who used to be a cowboy.

ddh33

Reaction score
Anybody else feel like the manufacturing of stories is in full force right now?

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
ddh33;1847512 said:
Anybody else feel like the manufacturing of stories is in full force right now?

No, I don't. It's a real story. I know everyone likes to hate on the media but there's way too much smoke about this with T.O. even going so far today as to say something was wrong in practice last week. The media didn't invent that quote.

Now Werder is saying an "anonymous Pro Bowl" Cowboy player approached Romo about it. Something went on last week and Romo was distracted. If you recall Aikman said during the game that Romo said he had Johnson's D figured out and Aikman said no other QB would say that.

I think the "anonymous Pro Bowler" who talked to Romo about it is pretty obvious...imo, it was his buddy and road roommate, Jason Wittten.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
theebs;1847133 said:
the whole thing stinks. Its embarassing and it stinks.

It's a tempest in a teapot, and those who are getting worked up about it are quite silly...

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
See what happens when you mix business with pleasure? Didn't help that she flashed him 6 or 7 times.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I can't wait till we win on saturday and this hopefully goes away some what. i'm sick of hearing about it.

alancdc

Reaction score
smarta5150;1847137 said:
He was lousy at the Buffalo game and Simpson wasn't there.

Enough is enough...

...also interesting that Werder or Babe said yesterday on a local station here in Charlotte that Simpson was also at the Jets and Packers games just not shown on TV. He played ok in those games.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
alancdc;1847717 said:
...also interesting that Werder or Babe said yesterday on a local station here in Charlotte that Simpson was also at the Jets and Packers games just not shown on TV. He played ok in those games.

It really has nothing to do with her being at the game. It's what went on with Romo the week before the game involving Jessica or something else.

From all the comments and observing his play, it's pretty obvious Romo was distracted the week before. Some have speculated it might have had something to do with his dad's prostate cancer surgery. Who knows? But T.O.'s comments about it showing up in practice and now the comments about Romo being mad about it, make it an interesting story.

This is where Wade's philosophy of the team policing itself really comes into play. It's time for Romo and the rest of the leaders to step up. I think if his thumb is ok, Romo will have a great game Saturday night.

sandy007

Reaction score
My guess is Jason Witten because he is close to Romo. The team had a bad week, and his dad's prostate cancer surgery is probably bothering him. I hope after this week that I can hear about the team on the field and you know who stays at home.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
sandy007;1847771 said:
My guess is Jason Witten because he is close to Romo. The team had a bad week, and his dad's prostate cancer surgery is probably bothering him. I hope after this week that I can hear about the team on the field and you know who stays at home.

Agree.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1847769 said:
It really has nothing to do with her being at the game. It's what went on with Romo the week before the game involving Jessica or something else.

From all the comments and observing his play, it's pretty obvious Romo was distracted the week before. Some have speculated it might have had something to do with his dad's prostate cancer surgery. Who knows?

I have a feeling it had more to do with Romo's prostate.

kmp77

Reaction score
Bach;1847806 said:
I have a feeling it had more to do with Romo's prostate.

Romo playing the patient to Jessica's naughty nurse?

sago1

Reaction score
If Werder is correctly saying that a Cowboy pro bowler said "he didn't care if Tony Romo got mad" there's no way that close friend Jason Witten would do that. That kind of comment comes from somebody who has an ax to grind with Romo and not a good teammate. As for Witten being the source, Witten could say something like Romo's poor play certainly has him mighty focused now but no way does Witten say anything negative about Romo. Frankly the comment sounds like somebody's got an ax to grind with Romo or is simply jealous of attention Romo receiving.

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1847130 said:
Who is the anonymous Pro Bowler from the Cowboys who agreed that Romo may have been distracted by Simpson and hopes that he gets his focus back?

I cant think of anyone who would do that. But somebody feels that he may be distracted.

I cant wait till Saturday to end this week of drama. Lets get back to what we do. Win.

I hate to chime in here with something negative to say about my boy. So I'm not going to.

I'm just going to say that there is plenty of time to be distracted AFTER January. Just think, Romo, how much sweeter it would be with a SB ring on that finger.

That means: when you get tired of jessica, you've got the credentials to get another one, almost just like her, in the same league.

If you ask me, getting the SB gives you better odds with the ladies in the long run.

:starspin

Let's focus on that!

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
sago1;1848647 said:
If Werder is correctly saying that a Cowboy pro bowler said "he didn't care if Tony Romo got mad" there's no way that close friend Jason Witten would do that. That kind of comment comes from somebody who has an ax to grind with Romo and not a good teammate. As for Witten being the source, Witten could say something like Romo's poor play certainly has him mighty focused now but no way does Witten say anything negative about Romo. Frankly the comment sounds like somebody's got an ax to grind with Romo or is simply jealous of attention Romo receiving.
Yup, agree. If Werder is correct or what he reported is true then noway Witten would make that comment, it has to be from some one who is jealous of Romo, again if it's true.