Who will be Cowboys' next cuts? espn/cowboysblog

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
.Who will be Cowboys' next cuts?
July, 17, 2010 Jul 1712:00PM CTEmail Print Comments By Tim MacMahonOnce all the draft picks are signed, the Cowboys will have 82 players on the roster, two over the limit for training camp.

When the Cowboys have to cut a couple of players, the educated guess here is that undrafted nose tackle Junior Aumavae and ex-practice squad linebacker Donovan Woods will be the ones to go. Those two players are caught up in a numbers game with more promising young players needing reps at their positions.

Supplemental seventh-round pick Josh Price-Brent is expected to compete with incumbent backup nose tackle Junior Siavii for the right to spell Jay Ratliff for about 10 to 15 snaps per game. Seventh-round pick Sean Lissemore played primarily defensive end during offseason workouts, but the Cowboys will also want him to get some reps at nose tackle.

Second-round pick Sean Lee and 2009 third-rounder Jason Williams need reps at inside linebacker. So does 2009 sixth-round pick Stephen Hodge, if he’s healthy after recovering from microfracture surgery on his knee.

The health of Hodge and rookie safety Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, a fourth-round pick who underwent offseason shoulder surgery, could provide a stay of execution of sorts for the Cowboys’ next cuts. If Hodge and/or Owusu-Ansah isn’t ready by the start of camp, the Cowboys could opt to place them on the physically unable to perform list.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Dez Bryant...

The fool is a bust.

Cut after training camp.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
5Stars;3461823 said:
Dez Bryant...

The fool is a bust.

Cut after training camp.

Florio did quote "scouts" as saying Bryant would be out of the league within five yrs. Might as well do it now.

bsheeern

Reaction score
I'm guessing Coakley gets cut or traded by the end of camp. Sucks fo me cause I have his jersey. Maybe we will draft another coakley next year and he ends up wearing tue same number.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I would hate to see AOA go on the PUP list. I really want to see what he can do against the big dogs.