Who will be the leading Rusher tonight?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I guess you missed the statements this week .

Which ones? The ones where McCarthy said he's worried about Zeke and wants to reduce his load or the ones where Jerry thinks Zeke will carry a "serious load?" I have heard them all.. I just don't think Zeke is getting 20 carries in this game.. Hell he might not even get 10.. He's too banged up and the Saints front is too good for us to hammer him up the middle. If we do then it will be confirmation that Moore has no clue about adapting the running game to matchups and situations..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Which ones? The ones where McCarthy said he's worried about Zeke and wants to reduce his load or the ones where Jerry thinks Zeke will carry a "serious load?" I have heard them all.. I just don't think Zeke is getting 20 carries in this game.. Hell he might not even get 10.. He's too banged up and the Saints front is too good for us to hammer him up the middle. If we do then it will be confirmation that Moore has no clue about adapting the running game to matchups and situations..
It’s not a matter of what we think.

The story is the public scrutiny with our HC and owner not on the same page. Pitiful but not surprising.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It’s not a matter of what we think.

The story is the public scrutiny with our HC and owner not on the same page. Pitiful but not surprising.

This bothers you? Seriously? I absolutely LOVE that teams can't get a firm read on what we are doing vis-a-vis player deployment until the opening kickoff. You gotta develop a thicker skin my Cowboy brother! This confusion is a good thing.. And if it doesn't matter what we think? Why does it matter what "the public" thinks?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This bothers you? Seriously? I absolutely LOVE that teams can't get a firm read on what we are doing vis-a-vis player deployment until the opening kickoff. You gotta develop a thicker skin my Cowboy brother! This confusion is a good thing.. And if it doesn't matter what we think? Why does it matter what "the public" thinks?
It’s not about bothering me. It’s just illustrates who’s running the show for those in denial.

My heads been in the sand over the embarrassment that is our owner for a generation. These type of situations just punctuate it.

There’s nothing good about it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Depends on if Elliot is feeling good. Last week Pollard was running good because Elliot was dinged up. He will get the nod. If he hits the holes he will get over 100 and a TD. Pollard gets 75 and a TD. Dak throws for 375 and 3 TD.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Tough question because we don't know if Moore will get pass happy tonight. The Saints have some real pass defense issues. I saw something yesterday that showed some of the Saints pass defense statistics and it was pretty awful. If the Saints load the box and dare Dak to throw we could see a game where Zeke gets 8 carries and Pollard gets 10. Ingram on the other hand will probably get at least 20 depending on the score.

So I am going to say Ingram gets 20 carries for 85 yards and is the rushing leader for the game.

I dont care what Moore does as long as it gets us a lead and scores lots of point. Moore has shown that he does whatever it takes. If anything, he is guilty of trying to establish the run early and often when the defense is ailing and the run game isnt working.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Pollard should be. Ingram if he plays will probably see limited action. And while Zeke has been nursing injury he’s had less than 10 carries for consecutive games first time in his career.

Depending on who gets the final say in Mikey or Jethro we might not see Zeke at all. Coach wanted to rest him but our Idiot said he could have a big night. What a mess . Lol

Zeke would get more carries if he ran better. Thats just the way it is.

It will be interesting to see who wins out with Zeke playing more or less.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It should be Pollard.. Zeke should only get the ball in short yardage situations. Moore needs to make a concerted effort to get Pollard the ball out in space and let him work. Obviously in passing situations they have to leave Zeke out there to keep Dak safe.. But Pollard needs to be the main running threat tonight and not shotgun draw up the middle either. The Saints front is too good (and our line is too compromised) to allow them to get away with that.

Im proud of you. You are finally beginning to see the light.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I dont care what Moore does as long as it gets us a lead and scores lots of point. Moore has shown that he does whatever it takes. If anything, he is guilty of trying to establish the run early and often when the defense is ailing and the run game isnt working.

In the past two games the Cowboys have run on consecutive plays twice.. Over 100 snaps.. 2 straight runs exactly two times.. Sorry but Moore has not tried to establish the run at any point in either of the last two games.. What he is guilty of is not wanting to run the ball.. at all.. and if that doesn't change we will continue to struggle on offense. This offense does not function when it can be made one dimensional. Especially when our pass protection has been as bad as it has been. It has our QB seeing ghosts.. and it's gotta stop. Otherwise all we can do is hope somebody hires Moore away this offseason because we can forget about any more success in this one.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
With Zeke averaging 10 carries a game the last three weeks I'd say McCarthy is winning by a wide margin..

Well, if Zeke ran better and contributed better to moving the ball and first downs then he would probably get more carries.

But I like that you are finally understand about carries/opportunities and the importance to performance for a RB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In the past two games the Cowboys have run on consecutive plays twice.. Over 100 snaps.. 2 straight runs exactly two times.. Sorry but Moore has not tried to establish the run at any point in either of the last two games.. What he is guilty of is not wanting to run the ball.. at all.. and if that doesn't change we will continue to struggle on offense. This offense does not function when it can be made one dimensional. Especially when our pass protection has been as bad as it has been. It has our QB seeing ghosts.. and it's gotta stop. Otherwise all we can do is hope somebody hires Moore away this offseason because we can forget about any more success in this one.

Makes sense. When you run on first down and Zeke gets you 2 yards what are you going to do run again?

The offense is made one dimensional by two things:

1. The defense caving and helping the other team get out to big leads.
2. Zeke sucking at his job and the coach a getting tired of banging his head against a wall.

This notion that Moore is the problem is completely laughable.

Maybe we just need to get rid of our old and tired, banged up, slow RB that is costing us 15 million. Use the money to fix up the line. Since we all know that is the key to the run game anyway.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You're the only one emotionally invested in one player vs another.. I am always about winning and always will be..

No its just fun to watch you defend a guy that there is no defense for. I only mention Pollard because he does more with the ball. Its proof positive that Zeke isnt what you say he is.

Same team, same line, same opponent, same coordinator, same game. There is nothing you can say to deflect the fact that Pollard for 3 years averages more per carry and reception.

I did enjoy your...................bubububububububut Pollard gets the jet sweeps so that is why he averages more nonsense. :muttley: