Who will replace Dan Quinn as Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
My favorite is Vrabel, but he still has $8 mill on his contract the Titans owe him, not sure if he would forfeit that if he took another job...............thus, he probably sits out a year, collects his $8 mill, and enters the HC carousel next year.

Zimmer and Riverboat Ron are retreads, not much to get excited about there.

Belicheck is not going to be anybody's DC unless there is a written agreement in place that he is named HC in 2025 unless Fat Mike reaches the NFC Championship Game.
Generally, if the terminated coach finds employment at a lesser position for a lesser salary the team that terminated the coach pays the difference. Everyone is happy. These contracts can be different. Some have clauses that require the terminated coach to make a reasonable effort to find a subsequent position. Many just have their agent work out a financial settlement for the remaining monies owed, particularly if they don’t plan to coach again. (example of that may be Reich). Vrabel knows there will be more head coach positions available, a few before next season even ends. He’ll want to be in a position to take one of those if offered. Signing a contract with the Cowboys would restrict him, somewhat. For instance Jerry would not agree to a deal with him that allows him to walk during the season. No owner would. Vrabel is going to keep his options open.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I was making a bet, I’d bet on it being Ron Rivera.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I'm sure someone will take the job. The question is who.

Who is going to lead this defense to the first round of the playoffs. That's our Super Bowl.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I am leaning towards Zimmer myself but that is based on the Zimmer of old. I have concerns about him now. But in his day, he put some good no name defenses on the field. I wonder if he still has it in him to do the same today.

I don't know that Jerry does retreads though. Has he ever hired someone who left?
The Zimmer of old stunk while he was here. He also never got anything of note done while away from Dallas. Perfect choice, I guess... if you want a worse defense.

I just can't believe we have so many here wanting to keep doing the same things and expecting different results. Might as well rehire Kiffen or Ryan.

Aven8

Reaction score
The Zimmer of old stunk while he was here. He also never got anything of note done while away from Dallas. Perfect choice, I guess... if you want a worse defense.

I just can't believe we have so many here wanting to keep doing the same things and expecting different results. Might as well rehire Kiffen or Ryan.
And people hated Bland playing off the WR with DQ? Wait until Zimm is back on 3rd and 5 and Bland is out of the picture……