Who wins Carolina/Giants game?

newlander

Reaction score
I always root against the gspots: and hope they endure lots of physical
PAIN.;) HOWEVER, they are at home for this one and if "BJ" is healthy in the backfield I see them winning a close one. I don't know how stout Carolina's Oline is but they better be ready....because Spagnolo will throw everything but the kitchen sink at them. I hope Carolina can take advantage of their LB's like Philthy and Dallas did the last two weeks....they have Smith, Muhammed,Williams and Stewart, but again Delhomme needs a little time.......I say 13-10 NY with LOTS of injuries on both sides. Smashmouth football indeed:D

Predictions?

Boysboy

Reaction score
The NFC South, supposedly, is currently the most competitive division in all of football. However-keep in mind, the NFCE is 3-0 thus far against that division. Even we beat the Bucs with a washed up, backup QB and numerous injuries on D. An average Foreskins D shut down the high-powered Saints O.

I see the outcome of this game no different-the Giants should take care of business.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Carolina and they win that game easily.

The Giants are on a really deep slide. You can tell from their body language.

Losing Plexico Burress for one half or one quarter is one thing but losing him for the entire season is a whole other ball game.

Even when Brandon Jacobs comes back, teams will not fear their receivers and will just load up on the run.

The way the Giants are playing now, I would love to play them a few weeks from now in the Playoffs.

I predicted that the Cowboys would blow the Giants out. I think if Tony Romo doesn't have the back injury, that is what probably would've happened. Also, I would have never thought the Offensive Line would play so dang crappy either.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2500755 said:
Carolina and they win that game easily.

The Giants are on a really deep slide. You can tell from their body language.

Losing Plexico Burress for one half or one quarter is one thing but losing him for the entire season is a whole other ball game.

Even when Brandon Jacobs comes back, teams will not fear their receivers and will just load up on the run.

The way the Giants are playing now, I would love to play them a few weeks from now in the Playoffs.

I predicted that the Cowboys would blow the Giants out. I think if Tony Romo doesn't have the back injury, that is what probably would've happened. Also, I would have never thought the Offensive Line would play so dang crappy either.

I thought our pass protection got alot better in the 2nd half after adjustments were made, apparently, at halftime.(aside from that breakdown on the safety, that is)

Funny thing about these NFCE vs. NFCS matchups were that going in, we all thought the NFCS teams were by far better...look how we beat the Bucs with 1/2 of our team injured. Look how the supposedly average Foreskins D beat up the high-powered Saints O physically.

Like I said-even if the Giants had to play with 3rd stringer receivers and backs, they should take care of business OK.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Boysboy;2500761 said:
I thought our pass protection got alot better in the 2nd half after adjustments were made, apparently, at halftime.(aside from that breakdown on the safety, that is)

Funny thing about these NFCE vs. NFCS matchups were that going in, we all thought the NFCS teams were by far better...look how we beat the Bucs with 1/2 of our team injured. Look how the supposedly average Foreskins D beat up the high-powered Saints O physically.

Like I said-even if the Giants had to play with 3rd stringer receivers and backs, they should take care of business OK.

Our pass protection got better when we stopped them from sending 6 and 7 players in zone blitzes by throwing screens at them and finally Tony rolling out and throwing a TD to Crayton. When it looked like a 14-10 type game the Giants started playing us more st8 up.

I just hope that Red figures out how to beat that a little quicker next time. While I do blame the OL some for it, it's got a more to do with the play calling and audibles than just execution.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I prefer a Carolina Win.

Keep the Bucs in 2nd place and with us owning tiebreaker.

A Carolina doesnt affect us. But a Carolina loss may.

A Giant win or loss doesnt affect us.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
YoMick;2500786 said:
I prefer a Carolina Win.

Keep the Bucs in 2nd place and with us owning tiebreaker.

A Carolina doesnt affect us. But a Carolina loss may.

A Giant win or loss doesnt affect us.

I agree. But I'd rather go to NY and play than to Carolina. I think we match up against NY a little better than Carolina. And I do fear Smith. NY doesn't have a Smith or anything close to him.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
jobberone;2500792 said:
I agree. But I'd rather go to NY and play than to Carolina. I think we match up against NY a little better than Carolina. And I do fear Smith. NY doesn't have a Smith or anything close to him.

I hear ya... but this is pre playoffs.

Once in... I dont care who we play. Force Steve Smith to beat you all by himself. Sell out for the run.
He wont beat us. He gets frustrated easily against us as well.

newlander

Reaction score
QFT Mick, we got a little answer for the sucker punchin' psycho from Carolina: and his name is Terrence Newman. He's blanketed Smith twice before and could probably single cover him most of the game. I fear Manning and the gspots defense more than I do Carolina: they're good, but not that good. Next to our game, I'm REAL interested in this one. Hope they just maul each other to pieces.

noletime95

Reaction score
Dallas owns Carolina. Has for a few years now. The only games I fear in the NFC are NFCE games. Unfortunatley, Dallas probably has to win a tough one just to get in the playoffs.

Bottom line is I really don't care who wins. Dallas is going to have to head to NY or Car in the 2nd round if it gets in. Either would be a tough game.

Givincer

Reaction score
It'd be hard to imagine the Giants dropping three in a row to start December. So, I'll probably pick the Giants this week in my Pick'em.

I definitely don't view it as impossible for the Panthers though.

The Panch

Reaction score
NFC South: 0-3 against the NFC East.
NFC South: Won as many games against winning teams on the road as the Lions have won games period.

Carolina's Run D is pretty average and I expect Jacobs to scramble their brains.

Garland powerplay;2501066 said:
The Panthers have eliminated Cowboys a couple times in playoffs so I'm not sure who is owed,
Im not sure why I did it, but I relieved that '04 loss and they just beeatch slapped us. Newman was young, but Smith made him his little senorita on several occasions that night.