Who wins the NFC East?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
If we win out.....and the Giants lose to Philly, Dallas (by the same margin they beat Dallas earlier), and Carolina or Minnesota?

Dallas
overall: 12-4
NFC: 9-3
NFC EAST: 4-2
AFC: 3-1
h2h: 1-1

NY Giants
overall: 12-4
NFC: 9-3
NFC EAST: 4-2
AFC: 3-1
h2h: 1-1

Now, I know this scenario is far from likely, especially with the way the Giants are playing right now, but you just never know.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Giants win the NFC East. I've come to terms with that. But the Cowboys should finish second in the division.

We do need some help, but if the Cowboys find their hearts and nuts at the same time, they could win out too.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Fletch;2445409 said:
Giants win the NFC East. I've come to terms with that. But the Cowboys should finish second in the division.

We do need some help, but if the Cowboys find their hearts and nuts at the same time, they could win out too.

i didn't ask for your defeatist reply....I wanted an actual answer with evidence as to why you picked one team over the other.

based on the scenario I just presented....how do the Giants win the NFC East?

Reaction score
The Giants will win the NFC East... Dallas will have to play well in December to even make the playoffs.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Not a bad scenerio, especially given the "any given sunday" rule...however-the Giants have been playing every bit like the Super Bowl Champs this year. Despite injuries, and even distractions(TO is actually a better team player than Plax), they've continued to rise to the occasion.

Honestly-aside from us on 12/14, I can't see them losing any of their other games.(Skins have too many injuries this weekend, Reid is losing control of his Eagles, Carolina isn't a great road team, and who knows how the Vikings turn out going into wk17?)

As for us-we NEED to play lights out in Dec-no ifs, ands, or buts. If we fold like a cheap suit, again...then who cares about making the playoffs altogether.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
wow, two replies and yet neither can actually answer the damn question.....this is why this board frustrates me sometimes.....you bring up a thought and instead of a nice intelligent conversation on the topic, you get negativity out the dookie hole.....

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Boysboy;2445442 said:
Not a bad scenerio, especially given the "any given sunday" rule...however-the Giants have been playing every bit like the Super Bowl Champs this year. Despite injuries, and even distractions(TO is actually a better team player than Plax), they've continued to rise to the occasion.

Honestly-aside from us on 12/14, I can't see them losing any of their other games.(Skins have too many injuries this weekend, Reid is losing control of his Eagles, Carolina isn't a great road team, and who knows how the Vikings turn out going into wk17?)

As for us-we NEED to play lights out in Dec-no ifs, ands, or buts. If we fold like a cheap suit, again...then who cares about making the playoffs altogether.

that isn't the issue..........just answer the question....

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2445428 said:
The Giants will win the NFC East... Dallas will have to play well in December to even make the playoffs.

why will they win? based on my scenario, what tiebreaker did the Giants win to put them ahead of Dallas.....or if Dallas wins, what tiebreaker did they win?

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
guys, honestly, read the opening post before saying your rehearsed lines.

Honestly, I don't know who'd win...Maybe strength of schedule or points for/points against?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Biggems;2445444 said:
that isn't the issue..........just answer the question....

Isn't strength of schedule the next tie-breaker? If so, then it's going to be close.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;2445446 said:
guys, honestly, read the opening post before saying your rehearsed lines.

Honestly, I don't know who'd win...Maybe strength of schedule or points for/points against?

thank you, finally someone who can reason.....i was about to go postal....i dont know either, so that is why i was asking. I am hoping Adam, Hostile, Silver, Woody, or someone else could help me out with this inquiry.

adamc91115

Reaction score
These are the tiebreakers for 2 teams in the same division...

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

So based on your scenario it would come down to W/L in common games. If I wasn't so tired I'd work it out.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
if it is strength of schedule....then in my scenario, we would want TB and GB to finish with a better record than Carolina and Minnesota.

If by some chance the total records of TB + GB = Carolina + Minnesota, then I will be at a total loss on who should win.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
adamc91115;2445453 said:
These are the tiebreakers for 2 teams in the same division...

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

So based on your scenario it would come down to W/L in common games. If I wasn't so tired I'd work it out.

by strength of victory, does it mean Point Differential for the entire season?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
adamc91115;2445459 said:
No... It means the winning % of the teams we beat.

well we had the same schedule except....they played Carolina and Minnesota and we played GB and TB.....but even if those teams ended up tied, it would come down to who finished 3rd or 4th in the NFC East.

Dallas lost to the Skins
Giants lost to the Eagles

We would want the Skins to have the better record.

adamc91115

Reaction score
Yeah its almost impossible to predict at this point... you would have to predict how everyone we beat this year finishes. 1 win could change the whole tie breaker.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
adamc91115;2445462 said:
Yeah its almost impossible to predict at this point... you would have to predict how everyone we beat this year finishes. 1 win could change the whole tie breaker.

Well I am assuming that GB and TB end up with the same combined record as Carolina and Minnesota....

The Washington/Philly game in week 16 would end up being the tie breaker.

adamc91115

Reaction score
Biggems;2445463 said:
Well I am assuming that GB and TB end up with the same combined record as Carolina and Minnesota....

The Washington/Philly game in week 16 would end up being the tie breaker.

Man, you've got me thinkin way too hard :laugh2:

Reaction score
Biggems;2445445 said:
why will they win? based on my scenario, what tiebreaker did the Giants win to put them ahead of Dallas.....or if Dallas wins, what tiebreaker did they win?

Honestly I don't think the Cowboys will win out...