Who Wins

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Hey guys, if any of you watch the NBA, who do you think wins the game 7's tonight

Boston Vs Idiana -INDY i smy pick

Dallas Vs. Houston- Dallas only cause the ROCKETS SUCK

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go rockets... and that's all I'm gonna say. :D

BTW, it's the same thing I said to my peeps from DFW instant messaging and calling me throughout Game 6. ;)

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
i love the rockets - in fact, i'm about to start watching the game.

but i don't like their odds because they have made such a habit of 4th period swoons.

anyway, go T-Mac, go Yao, and go rebounds and bench scoring... GO ROCKETS!!!

back in 2 hours and a 12-pack. :D

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
wow. had to duck out. can only stomach so much of rockets getting collective head kicked in.

so much for the 4th period rockets' swoon. i think it began on the flight to dallas.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Wow, what a whoopin' the Mavs are puttin on 'em.

The Pacer's opened up a can too. I'd really like to see Reggie win a title this year. He's always been a fav.

Go Knick Killer!!!!

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Looks like the Rockets lost. Good. I'm a Spurs fan and so I root for Dallas to beat Houston for two reason:

#1 - The Little General is your coach and AJ is one of my favorite NBA players ever. I was a huge fan of AJ when he led the Spurs. That fella has more heart in his 5' something frame than just about any NBA player on the court today.

#2 - It's the Rockets. I'll never forgive them for upsetting the Spurs in the mid-90's when we had already won the first two games of the series. Hakeem punked the Spurs when he found out the Admiral won the MVP. That series tore my heart out the same way the Lakers series did last year when Fisher made that crazy shot.

Good luck Mavs fans. You don't have a chance if you face the Spurs :D but I hope you get as far as you can.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
LOL

Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming score 60 points for the Rockets. The rest of the team scores 16. :eek:

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
LOL

Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming score 60 points for the Rockets. The rest of the team scores 16. :eek:

LMAO, Rockets suck.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
Looks like the Rockets lost. Good. I'm a Spurs fan and so I root for Dallas to beat Houston for two reason:

#1 - The Little General is your coach and AJ is one of my favorite NBA players ever. I was a huge fan of AJ when he led the Spurs. That fella has more heart in his 5' something frame than just about any NBA player on the court today.
I like Avery. Real cool dude. Wish him all the best. Too bad it had to happen tonight against my Rockets.:(

#2 - It's the Rockets. I'll never forgive them for upsetting the Spurs in the mid-90's when we had already won the first two games of the series. Hakeem punked the Spurs when he found out the Admiral won the MVP. That series tore my heart out the same way the Lakers series did last year when Fisher made that crazy shot.

Sounds like sour grapes to me...:D It's been 10 years. Some things you've got to let go.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Sounds like sour grapes to me...:D It's been 10 years. Some things you've got to let go.

Put it this way, what if someone told you as a Cowboys fan not to hate the 49ers, Eagles, Commanders or Steelers. ;)

I'm only passionate about two sports, the NFL and NBA. May the Lakers and Rockets burn in hell with the aforementioned NFL teams. :chop: :p:

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Wow. My friend and I were watching this. That last 3 to make it a 40 point victory....that's gotta hurt.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
Put it this way, what if someone told you as a Cowboys fan not to hate the 49ers, Eagles, Commanders or Steelers. ;)

I'm only passionate about two sports, the NFL and NBA. May the Lakers and Rockets burn in hell with the aforementioned NFL teams. :chop: :p:
My passion for football is waaaay different than it is for basketball. I played it and I ref it, but it still doesn't quite invoke the same intensity as football does. Reffing b-ball makes me look at the game a lil more objectively than football.

Nothing I can to bashing the Lakers, but being that I'll be rooting for the Spurs now, I'll let that crack against the Rockets go.

I don't think I can ever truly root for Dallas. They just don't inspire any feeling from me and I'm from that area...lol

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crown Royal said:
Wow. My friend and I were watching this. That last 3 to make it a 40 point victory....that's gotta hurt.
Yeah it was pretty brutal. I mean, you know it's bad when fans were cheering when Mutumbo came in. I was watching it at a sports bar and Yao got taken out after two quick fouls, they got all excited. I was like, the world truly has been taken over by aliens.

The Rockets just played bad tonight. Period. No excuses from me. Poor shot selection. No lucky rolls. Not many bad no-calls against them. They just had nothing tonight.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
My passion for football is waaaay different than it is for basketball. I played it and I ref it, but it still doesn't quite invoke the same intensity as football does. Reffing b-ball makes me look at the game a lil more objectively than football.

Since you ref hoops, maybe you can jump in during the Spurs/Sonics series. ;) Did you catch Game 4 against Denver? My god, what a bunch of horrible officials! Ball goes up court, whistle, ball goes up court again, whistle.... When that sucker went into overtime, I thought both teams would be missing all their starters. :eek:

By the way, what position did you play? College ball too?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
Since you ref hoops, maybe you can jump in during the Spurs/Sonics series. ;) Did you catch Game 4 against Denver? My god, what a bunch of horrible officials! Ball goes up court, whistle, ball goes up court again, whistle.... When that sucker went into overtime, I thought both teams would be missing all their starters. :eek:

By the way, what position did you play? College ball too?
I didn't really watch the Spurs-Nuggets series, because I knew the Spurs would take it. Officiating in the NBA is a whole different beast. Their rules and mechanics are totally different than the varsity and sub-varsity level that I ref. Alot of the stuff they do to make the calls is purely for entertainment. They're the right calls, but the mechanics is all for TV.

I only played it in high school. I was a forward/post player. 5'8" w/bad ball-handling skills will not get you on any college team...lol I was good enuff for 6th man and to be the occasional starter, but I never dedicated myself to the sport to get better.

I did take basketball as a P.E. in college, though. Three girls and twenty guys in the class. It was pretty fun, once they realized me and my friend could actually ball a little.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
I didn't really watch the Spurs-Nuggets series, because I knew the Spurs would take it. Officiating in the NBA is a whole different beast. Their rules and mechanics are totally different than the varsity and sub-varsity level that I ref. Alot of the stuff they do to make the calls is purely for entertainment. They're the right calls, but the mechanics is all for TV.

I only played it in high school. I was a forward/post player. 5'8" w/bad ball-handling skills will not get you on any college team...lol I was good enuff for 6th man and to be the occasional starter, but I never dedicated myself to the sport to get better.

I did take basketball as a P.E. in college, though. Three girls and twenty guys in the class. It was pretty fun, once they realized me and my friend could actually ball a little.

LOL I know the feeling. It's always fun taking those co-ed P.E. classes in college with a sport you played in high school. You may have sucked to the college scouts, but god damnit, you can still punk the class. (75% of the class is still probably learning the rules of the game, but hey, who cares about technicalities! :p: )