Who Wins

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
AS i said before either game started Indy and Dallas would win and further more theROKETS SUCK the worst lost in game 7 ever, SORRY.

zorg222

nose picker
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
AS i said before either game started Indy and Dallas would win and further more theROKETS SUCK the worst lost in game 7 ever, SORRY.

We don't need another Nors:D

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
zorg222 said:
We don't need another Nors:D

Its just rare ii'm actaully right on something. I never thoughteywoudl combine ot blowout by 67 points,but its' rare im right on picks. Gotta brag:D

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I just hope the guy that dialed into the Hardline on the 1310 The Ticket this past Friday from Houston will be man enough to call back and admit his team got beat down. This guys spent 15 minutes (suprisingly enough Rhyner didnt hang up on him) proclaiming how superior the City of Houston is to Dallas.

Go Mavericks!!!

- Mike G.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
I just hope the guy that dialed into the Hardline on the 1310 The Ticket this past Friday from Houston will be man enough to call back and admit his team got beat down. This guys spent 15 minutes (suprisingly enough Rhyner didnt hang up on him) proclaiming how superior the City of Houston is to Dallas.

Go Mavericks!!!

- Mike G.

Even funnier down here in houston theyhad a placecharging 75 dollars so they could get in and watch the rockets get served the worse game 7 loss in NBA history. i love saying this

ROCKETS SUCK!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dargonking999 said:
Even funnier down here in houston theyhad a placecharging 75 dollars so they could get in and watch the rockets get served the worse game 7 loss in NBA history. i love saying this

ROCKETS SUCK!
Who was charging $75? That's crazy. No way I'd pay that to watch a game on TV.

I guess if you say the Rockets suck enough, it might actually become true. :rolleyes: But being that they were good enuff to get in the playoffs even to lose in the first round, doesn't mean they suck. Now if you said Atlanta or somebody like that, then yeah I guess that would make more sense to me.

I got no beef with the Mavs. I hate that we lost. I hate HOW we lost, but I don't really care that it was to the Mavs. Rockets stunk up the joint yesterday, plain and simple, but it doesn't make them a bad team.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Yeah it was pretty brutal. I mean, you know it's bad when fans were cheering when Mutumbo came in. I was watching it at a sports bar and Yao got taken out after two quick fouls, they got all excited. I was like, the world truly has been taken over by aliens.

The Rockets just played bad tonight. Period. No excuses from me. Poor shot selection. No lucky rolls. Not many bad no-calls against them. They just had nothing tonight.

Yeah - Yao didn't like the calls against him, but after what Van Gundy did, you have to think the refs are watching him like a hawk. But seriously, who thought that Darryl Armstrong was going to be a huge player for the Mavs last night?

BTW - what'd you think of the call of a block by Armstrong when a Houston player (forgot who) got a break away. They called it a clean block, but he disagreed. he then got ejected....

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crown Royal said:
Yeah - Yao didn't like the calls against him, but after what Van Gundy did, you have to think the refs are watching him like a hawk. But seriously, who thought that Darryl Armstrong was going to be a huge player for the Mavs last night?

BTW - what'd you think of the call of a block by Armstrong when a Houston player (forgot who) got a break away. They called it a clean block, but he disagreed. he then got ejected....
You talking about Mike James??

That was a bad no-call, because there was clear contact. The problem when it comes to refs is that's all about angles. If the official was out of position, then there was no way he could've seen how much contact was made from where he was located on the floor. The ref could very well have been watching the above the rim contact. Because it was a good block, if you're just looking at the ball. However, there was some body contact during the shot that should've been called. I'm taught by my ref organization that when there are bodies on the floor because of a collision, somebody better call something. Anything.

What made James so mad was the fact that he just got tossed into the stands on alot of contact and that was a no-call, and then you turn around and call a ticky-tack call like that. It was legit foul on him, but the ref should've used some common sense. Dude is already heated and you call a touch foul after he just got a sniff of some photographer's b**** up close and personal. Just made the situation worse.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
You talking about Mike James??

That was a bad no-call, because there was clear contact. The problem when it comes to refs is that's all about angles. If the official was out of position, then there was no way he could've seen how much contact was made from where he was located on the floor. The ref could very well have been watching the above the rim contact. Because it was a good block, if you're just looking at the ball. However, there was some body contact during the shot that should've been called. I'm taught by my ref organization that when there are bodies on the floor because of a collision, somebody better call something. Anything.

What made James so mad was the fact that he just got tossed into the stands on alot of contact and that was a no-call, and then you turn around and call a ticky-tack call like that. It was legit foul on him, but the ref should've used some common sense. Dude is already heated and you call a touch foul after he just got a sniff of some photographer's b**** up close and personal. Just made the situation worse.

That's the situation I am talking about, yes. I agree with you, BTW. I fear that they didn't call it because of the game (not a playoff foul). It was clearly a foul. Good Mavs play, but a foul.

But that being said, there was a lot of complaining by Houston, when they were just plain playing poorly.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crown Royal said:
That's the situation I am talking about, yes. I agree with you, BTW. I fear that they didn't call it because of the game (not a playoff foul). It was clearly a foul. Good Mavs play, but a foul.

But that being said, there was a lot of complaining by Houston, when they were just plain playing poorly.
I get that alot when I ref too. Alot of times when a team is being rolled on, frustration sets in and they start whining to the refs wondering why the whistle isn't being blown in their favor.

Houston just wasn't making any shots. They were missing point-blank shots that would normally go in and they were missing them. They had bad shot selection and the role players weren't doing anything. I swear they just disappeared. And the rebounding was atrocious. They had a lot of one and done situations. There was just no hustle factor in their game other than McGrady and Yao.

That's not to take anything away from what the Mavs were doing, cuz their balls were falling like rainbows. Many of their role players stepped up when they had to, cuz Novitzki still wasn't doing much, IMO. Anyway, I tip my hat to 'em and hope they get rolled on by Phoenix...;) :p:

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
I get that alot when I ref too. Alot of times when a team is being rolled on, frustration sets in and they start whining to the refs wondering why the whistle isn't being blown in their favor.

Houston just wasn't making any shots. They were missing point-blank shots that would normally go in and they were missing them. They had bad shot selection and the role players weren't doing anything. I swear they just disappeared. And the rebounding was atrocious. They had a lot of one and done situations. There was just no hustle factor in their game other than McGrady and Yao.

That's not to take anything away from what the Mavs were doing, cuz their balls were falling like rainbows. Many of their role players stepped up when they had to, cuz Novitzki still wasn't doing much, IMO. Anyway, I tip my hat to 'em and hope they get rolled on by Phoenix...;) :p:

I'll give it that Nowitski has been offensively shut down this entire series. But I also want to point out that his 14 rebounds were terrific, many of them being off the offensive boards. Dirk is a very underrated rebounder, and has been his entire career. That was HUGE.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crown Royal said:
I'll give it that Nowitski has been offensively shut down this entire series. But I also want to point out that his 14 rebounds were terrific, many of them being off the offensive boards. Dirk is a very underrated rebounder, and has been his entire career. That was HUGE.
Novitzki is a very good player and I would never suggest otherwise. However, the impact game that you would expect from him was never there throughout the series. He always had good numbers, but to me they were all complimentary, rather than dominant. I read today that he was battling bronchitis throughout the series, but to me that's a cop out. All players have some kinda injury or ailment at this time of year, so nobody gets any excuses from me. If you well enuff to play, then go out there and ball.

I think this series was the best playoff series in the first round along with the Bulls-Wiz. All the teams were pretty evenly matched and very intense (except for game 7). You just never knew what you were gonna get from game to game.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Novitzki is a very good player and I would never suggest otherwise. However, the impact game that you would expect from him was never there throughout the series. He always had good numbers, but to me they were all complimentary, rather than dominant. I read today that he was battling bronchitis throughout the series, but to me that's a cop out. All players have some kinda injury or ailment at this time of year, so nobody gets any excuses from me. If you well enuff to play, then go out there and ball.

I think this series was the best playoff series in the first round along with the Bulls-Wiz. All the teams were pretty evenly matched and very intense (except for game 7). You just never knew what you were gonna get from game to game.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I wasn't defending him. I have never seen a team shut down Nowitzki so effectively in any series, including season series. But his rebounds were a good piece of our success last night.

That being said, I would like to rely on Nowitzki for once. I need a clutch player other than Darryl Armstrong...

zorg222

nose picker
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Its just rare ii'm actaully right on something. I never thoughteywoudl combine ot blowout by 67 points,but its' rare im right on picks. Gotta brag:D

I would probably brag too cause I'm never right so if I got something right for once in my life, I would probably brag more than you and Nors combined:D