Who would be the New York Yankees?

lockster

Reaction score
If the NFL goes to f.a., then the team with the richest owner will be the new king of the hill. It won't be Dallas Cowboys! Paul Allen owns the Seahawks, the Home Depot guy owns the Falcons, and what about the Dolphins Huzienga? Man we will be bottom feeders! Who knows how many other owners are richer than Jerry?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
lockster said:
If the NFL goes to f.a., then the team with the richest owner will be the new king of the hill. It won't be Dallas Cowboys! Paul Allen owns the Seahawks, the Home Depot guy owns the Falcons, and what about the Dolphins Huzienga? Man we will be bottom feeders! Who knows how many other owners are richer than Jerry?
:starspinWith the new stadium and the Cowboys name and history, they would be the equivalent to the Yankees. The Commanders would be the Dodgers. (and this is coming from a Dodger fan)

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Sure, we aint the richest...but we're sure a top 5... :cool:

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
You do know Jerry jones owns oil fields right? oil=Mega billions...MEGA....should i put more emphasis on mega?

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Allen (Seahawks) has the potential to be far more dominant than everyone else. It isnt really even close.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's not that G.S. is the richest owner in Baseball...it's the fact that he's willing to spend it, AND it's the marquee name in MLB.

The main thing here isn't necessarily who's the "richest", but who can market the team name the best.....and what better name is out there than America's Team...the DALLAS COWBOYS.

Reaction score
numnuts23 said:
It's not that G.S. is the richest owner in Baseball...it's the fact that he's willing to spend it, AND it's the marquee name in MLB.

The main thing here isn't necessarily who's the "richest", but who can market the team name the best.....and what better name is out there than America's Team...the DALLAS COWBOYS.

George Steinbrenner is one of the wealthiest owners in baseball period, the man owns is own broadcasting network dedicated to Yankee baseball!!

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ThreeSportStar80 said:
George Steinbrenner is one of the wealthiest owners in baseball period, the man owns is own broadcasting network dedicated to Yankee baseball!!

I wasn't saying he wasn't one of the wealthiest. Basically you just supported what I just said. He owns his own network dedicated to the Yankees...which means he's marketing the team.

Jerry might not have the deepest pockets, but he's willing to spend, and has the smarts to make the most of what he has.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80 said:

Yet the Braves are owned by Time-Warner. The Angels were owned by Disney/ABC/ESPN.

Who will spend to win? , should be the question.

Reaction score
numnuts23 said:
I wasn't saying he wasn't one of the wealthiest. Basically you just supported what I just said. He owns his own network dedicated to the Yankees...which means he's marketing the team.

Jerry might not have the deepest pockets, but he's willing to spend, and has the smarts to make the most of what he has.

Jerry is one of the wealthiest owners in the NFL, don't get fooled by the lack of big spending in recent years that's called controlling your CAP.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
the Dallas Cowboys have the second largest revenue. I saw it somewhere on Extremeskins, but thats a big source of money. Don't worry about it, we'll be up there if it comes to no cap.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
It is all about the revenue teams bring in that determines how much they will spend

Even though Paul Allen has 345342534543 dollars, he won't outspend the Commanders nor Cowboys, because he will never put in a dime of his pocket into the team's operating budget

He will spend money based on how much revenue the team brings in, no good businessman (which all of these owners are) will sacrfice one personal dime to their team

Nomad

Reaction score
I think it would have more to do with the team's annual revenue than the owners personal money, and we're definatley in the top 3 on that.

An owner couldn't just start dumping money in and not making return, he could at first but it would eventually have to balance out and some teams are just limited in potential. Jerry can spend a lot and justify it because he makes it back and it could go way up if we really started winning again constantly so its worth it.

Teams like the Colts, Vikings, Browns, Saints etc probably have a much lower peak even if they win consistantly compared to the Giants Skins Cowboys etc.

Edited- SkinsHokieFan beat me but same idea

Cowchips

Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
the Dallas Cowboys have the second largest revenue. I saw it somewhere on Extremeskins, but thats a big source of money. Don't worry about it, we'll be up there if it comes to no cap.

If there is no cap, football will become like baseball. A joke. Yankees buying success vs. earning it is the biggest farse in sports. Well, except for WWF of course.