Who would be the New York Yankees?

RoyWilliams

Reaction score
Paul Allen followed by Jerry and Snyder. Allen has a ridiculous ammount of money and I think he'd spend it, to him it's chump change. I think those are the three even if not the richest would be willing to spend the most.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
First off, most people are under the mistaken assumption that Steinbrenner "owns" the Yankees. I won't go into all the boring details, but he's not a sole owner nor ever has been.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
lockster said:
If the NFL goes to f.a., then the team with the richest owner will be the new king of the hill. It won't be Dallas Cowboys! Paul Allen owns the Seahawks, the Home Depot guy owns the Falcons, and what about the Dolphins Huzienga? Man we will be bottom feeders! Who knows how many other owners are richer than Jerry?

Don't be fooled.....Mr Jones is extremely wealthy....in the billions now....also he has a unmatched/passion love for the Cowboys and he will spend the $$$$ to win, whereas the others may have other interest!
:star:

wileedog

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80 said:
George Steinbrenner is one of the wealthiest owners in baseball period, the man owns is own broadcasting network dedicated to Yankee baseball!!

Actually Carl Pohlad (sp?) who owns the Twins could buy Steinbrenner several times over.

Go figure.

The richest owners don't always equate to the highest payroll in any sport.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
:starspinWith the new stadium and the Cowboys name and history, they would be the equivalent to the Yankees. The Commanders would be the Dodgers. (and this is coming from a Dodger fan)

Agreed. It WOULD be us. Coming from a Yankee fan.

nyyanksfan20

Reaction score
Jerry Jones cares about winning just like George Steinbrenner so we would be near the top in spending.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Allen (Seahawks) has the potential to be far more dominant than everyone else. It isnt really even close.

You could take the 31 other owners, put their money together, and not have the kind of money paul allen has.

lspain1

Reaction score
Cowchips said:
If there is no cap, football will become like baseball. A joke. Yankees buying success vs. earning it is the biggest farse in sports. Well, except for WWF of course.

If you investigate carefully, the number of DIFFERENT teams in the playoffs and WS for baseball has outnumbered the NFL for a number of years now. MLB has a reputation for being uncompetitive, but that reputation is undeserved. Baseball has been getting steadily more competititve for the last decade at least. This is, in fact, the best argument for getting rid of the cap altogether.

lockster

Reaction score
Then tell me why the other teams don't have the number of trophies put together that the yankees and the other top 3 or4 have put together. The other baseball teams get to be in the playoffs but rarely have a chance to win. I hate baseball because the inequality of it all. Don't be mistaken, there are AAA teams in baseball. Can u say royals, pirates, and such?
Makes me puke, but don't get me wrong, the salary cap prevents team loyalty to players such as Ellis and good players that u work hard to pick, develope or find somehow. I think the cap would be better if they would just let u resign ur own players at a reduced cap figure. That would be really cool. Then I would for sure love the cap. Right now, I love and hate the cap. I want the team that works the hardest, smartest and such to win.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
The top 5 would be:

1: Washington
2: Dallas
3: Pittsburgh
4: New York Giants (Bigger market than the Jets)
5: Chicago