Who would YOU have signed?

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
In the off season, one guy I wanted Dallas to pick up was Will Demps. I always thought he was a good player that was lost in the shuffle in Baltimore behind Lewis, Reed, McAlister, etc.

I know this isn't a fair comparison but...

Davis/Watksin: 64 tackles (45solo), 0sacks, 3INT, 4 PassDef, 2 FF
Demps: 100 (74 solo), 1 sack, 2INT, 5 PassDef , 1 FF

I think he would have fit in great here... Oh well.

Can you guys think of FA's you feel we passed up on that ended up having a good season? (we won't mention the whole Bert Berry vs Marcellus Wiley thing from a couple years ago b/c Bert's had 26.5sacks the last 3years)

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
EPL0c0;1298624 said:
In the off season, one guy I wanted Dallas to pick up was Will Demps. I always thought he was a good player that was lost in the shuffle in Baltimore behind Lewis, Reed, McAlister, etc.

I know this isn't a fair comparison but...

Davis/Watksin: 64 tackles (45solo), 0sacks, 3INT, 4 PassDef, 2 FF
Demps: 100 (74 solo), 1 sack, 2INT, 5 PassDef , 1 FF

I think he would have fit in great here... Oh well.

Can you guys think of FA's you feel we passed up on that ended up having a good season? (we won't mention the whole Bert Berry vs Marcellus Wiley thing from a couple years ago b/c Bert's had 26.5sacks the last 3years)
Stephen Davis in 03

TEK2000

Reaction score
IF I was going to sign one of the overpriced FA safeties this past offseason... it would definitely have been Chris Hope.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
FYI, having your safeties with high tackle numbers is not a good thing.

BlueDemon

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1298654 said:
FYI, having your safeties with high tackle numbers is not a good thing.

Nor is Roy having 3 tackles in the biggest match of the season a no Show by Roy...a no hitter by Roy BUT he did Whiff 3 times, once on Alexander , twice on Stevens

cowboys19

Reaction score
TEK2000;1298630 said:
IF I was going to sign one of the overpriced FA safeties this past offseason... it would definitely have been Chris Hope.

How did Hope play this year?

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
They can sign Ray Lewis,Jason Taylor,Champ Bailey and Brian Urlacher and the defensive scheme can find a way to render them useless.
There is some talent here.
But as long as our best pass rusher is covering receivers down field(as pointed out by Madden),we'll never do squat.:mad:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Artie Lange;1298679 said:
They can sign Ray Lewis,Jason Taylor,Champ Bailey and Brian Urlacher and the defensive scheme can find a way to render them useless.
There is some talent here.
But as long as our best pass rusher is covering receivers down field(as pointed out by Madden),we'll never do squat.:mad:
These regurgitating posts are so predictable.

TEK2000

Reaction score
cowboys19;1298667 said:
How did Hope play this year?

121 total tackles (89 solo), 5 INT's, 1 returned for a TD, 10 Pass Deflections, 1 fumble recovery.

He was the guy that enable Troy Polamalu to roam the field in Pittsburgh during their Super Bowl run. That's exactly what we're missing for Roy.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Artie Lange;1298697 said:
The point of this post went by you 4 minutes ago....you missed it,again.
If you had a point that made any sense than maybe you would bet a better response.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BlueDemon;1298702 said:
As is your denial Sunshine crap
Who says I even disagree with him? His posts are predictable and don't bring a tad of information or insight to the table.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
theogt;1298719 said:
Who says I even disagree with him? His posts are predictable and don't bring a tad of information or insight to the table.

*sarcasm off*

:rolleyes:

TEK2000

Reaction score
Theogt... are you arguing that our defensive scheme is just fine?

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
windward;1298706 said:
If you had a point that made any sense than maybe you would bet a better response.

Hey Einstein,read my posts and you may discover that we are on the same side here.
Unless you recently joined the Intellectually Dishonest Brigade and didn't let us with something to say know about it.