Who would you like to see start at FS?

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
I would love for Pat Watkins to win the position in Preseason hands down and never look back again.

Hiero

Reaction score
how could anyone in their right mind who saw the cowboys play last year actually want keith davis to start?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Watkins.. Actually, I would like to see them rotate until we know for sure Watkins can handle the lights be on.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
The best one. :D

Seroiusly, hoping that it will be Watkins if he can pull it off. Would allow Davis to do what he does best and that is ST.

Plus, lets get our secondary of the future going with Newman, Henry, Williams, and Watkins.

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark said:
The best one. :D

Seroiusly, hoping that it will be Watkins if he can pull it off. Would allow Davis to do what he does best and that is ST.

Plus, lets get our secondary of the future going with Newman, Henry, Williams, and Watkins.

I like the sound of that secondary consisting of Newman, Henry, Williams, and Watkins.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
who Ever Is Playing Best On Any Given Day And Thats For Every Position Not Just Fs!!!!

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Watkins, he's this years Chris Canty. For such a lanky kid (thats the only knock I heard outta college) he sure can tackle. As far as the coverage is concerned, he's gotta be better than Keith "50 Cent" Davis.

Hiero

Reaction score
GoinForSix said:
Watkins, he's this years Chris Canty. For such a lanky kid (thats the only knock I heard outta college) he sure can tackle. As far as the coverage is concerned, he's gotta be better than Keith "50 Cent" Davis.
if were gonna play a guy at FS who has no coverage skills and whose only skill is the occasional big hit, we might as well toss a linebacker back there.
I cant wait to see Watkins start the first game.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Hiero said:
if were gonna play a guy at FS who has no coverage skills and whose only skill is the occasional big hit, we might as well toss a linebacker back there. I cant wait to see Watkins start the first game.
Almost sounds like what we are doing with Ellis.

JUST KIDDING!!!!

I'm sure Ellis can cover.:pray2:

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
it comes down to keith and watkins, watkins obvously has more upside and coverage skills, though he is inexperienced. Keith seems to be good friends with the other DB's and now has a year of starting under his belt, he is also fun to watch when he starts trash talking. It should be a good competition, and im sure both will get time this season

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
RoyWillisill said:
I would love for Pat Watkins to win the position in Preseason hands down and never look back again.

:signmast: What he said...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In Jacksonville Davis should start. When Watkins is ready we make the move. Maybe after the bye week? BP will know when it is time.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
In Jacksonville Davis should start. When Watkins is ready we make the move. Maybe after the bye week? BP will know when it is time.

I think you are right-on on that prediction bd

YoungBuck

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:

You've got the right idea, just wrong player.

Coleman should start, and then have watkins take over when he's ready.

Does anyone really want Keith "I can't cover a gift" davis playing saftey?

How about a player that's a converted corner, has experience in the 3-4, and has played for parcells.

I'd love for watkins to win the job out of camp, but if not, I think Coleman would be the best bridge.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
pat watkins.....reminds me of michael downs already.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Watkins, because of his ability with his physical attributes.

6-5 220 and a 41 inch verticle and a 4.40 in the 40 yard dash.

I voted for Watkins but if we had to go with a more experience guy that we know that could get it done in Marcus Coleman. I believe all of this will help Keith Davis in some situations. Keith Davis might have a roll like Roy Williams, where he is blitzing when Watkins playing center field.

With Pat Watkins out on the field, it free up some of the players on the field, it makes the other players jobs, like the linebackers much easier.