Who would you pay a 3rd to move up and draft?

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Assume for conversation that a player you want us to draft is on the board at pick 15. But there's a good chance Miami will pick him up at 16. Would you give up our 3rd to move up?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
No....because the value from 12-20 does not justify giving up a 3rd rd pick IMO.

neosapien23

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
No....because the value from 12-20 does not justify giving up a 3rd rd pick IMO.

It does if that player in the 15th pick is AJ Hawk. I know there are numerous sources that say he is a top ten pick, but the same was said about Derrick Johnson last year. If Hawk slips to the 15th pick, a 3rd round pick is well worth a top ten talent.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
Assume for conversation that a player you want us to draft is on the board at pick 15. But there's a good chance Miami will pick him up at 16. Would you give up our 3rd to move up?

No, not for any of the players listed.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
It does if that player in the 15th pick is AJ Hawk. I know there are numerous sources that say he is a top ten pick, but the same was said about Derrick Johnson last year. If Hawk slips to the 15th pick, a 3rd round pick is well worth a top ten talent.

I like Hawk, but I don't like losing another Day 1 pick. I'd rather trade down, possibly out of the first completely, and pick up extra picks.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
I'm not convinced we'd have to move up to land either Wimbley or Lawson, but to get Ngata we would have to. This guy is a huge difference maker...he would be the absolute clog in the middle for many years. Our LB's would immediately all get better as he learned the NT position.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
I'm not convinced we'd have to move up to land either Wimbley or Lawson, but to get Ngata we would have to. This guy is a huge difference maker...he would be the absolute clog in the middle for many years. Our LB's would immediately all get better as he learned the NT position.

I'd be kinda tempted for Ngata also.

Eddie

Reaction score
Sorry, most of these guys are gonna be gone by pick #10. We're gonna be giving up a TON more than a 3rd to move up.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Eddie said:
Sorry, most of these guys are gonna be gone by pick #10. We're gonna be giving up a TON more than a 3rd to move up.

Some people fall every single year, which one/ones from this list is anybody's guess. And no if we were only moving 3 slots the cost would not be more than a 3rd. In fact a 3rd is a slight premium from 18 to 15.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
At this point he's the only one I'd move up for, but not to much...we still need day one picks.

Yeah, I tend to agree. There are some players that would definetely be of interest to us at pick 80. Having said that, the reason why Ngata would be tempting to give up the 3rd is a) he's a potential impact player at a position of need and b) it's a thin draft at NT. I guess I'd be ok with it either way.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
I would stand where we are at and just chill... not to worry somebody good is going to slip anyway.. and we probably still could trade down and still get a quality player...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'd give up a 3rd (since I can trade Romo, Ellis or both and get my third back) and get Ngata if he came close to us.

With him on the line, everyone will look like pro-bowlers.