Who would you take?

neosapien23

Reaction score
Just out of curiousity who would you rather have Dallas draft if all 3 are there in the first round??

1. Terrance Cody The best run stuffing NT in this draft
2. Anthony Davis The 3rd best tackle prospect in this draft
3. Mike Iupati The best OG prospect in the draft who has good mobility and strength.

And realistically would you have Dallas trade Marion Barber in an uncapped year if one of these players was still there in the 2nd round and a team picking high in the 2nd offered Dallas a pick.

This is not a bash Barber thread, but I would love to see Dallas get both Davis and Iupati in this draft and with every eligible Jr. probably declaring, it could happen. Dallas needs to rebuild the Oline this year because there are alot of starters that are up there in age.

ghst187

Reaction score
without a doubt you have to take Davis and Iupati, you'd get half of your starting OL for years to come right there.
I like Cody a lot but the guy would only ever be a two down player for us and we can get comparable contribution from a guy like Dan Williams or less much later in the draft.

The Realist

Reaction score
Cody 1, Iupati 2.

Cody adds a lot of flexibility to the DL and can spell Rat some to keep him fresh for pass rush.

Rat has what......5 ish good years left as a starting NT?

We would have Cody already on board in the prime of his career.

You can find guards later and I believe that's why drafted Brewster (Kosier 1 year left on contract).

Also Cody give us protection in a year in case Spears leaves and we are forced to move Rat to DE.

Moving Rat to DE could help us get more pressure if he is next to Ware at RDE or at LDE if protection slides to Ware.

9darter

Reaction score
neosapien23;3187719 said:
Just out of curiousity who would you rather have Dallas draft if all 3 are there in the first round??

3. Mike Iupati The best OG prospect in the draft who has good mobility and strength.

And realistically would you have Dallas trade Marion Barber in an uncapped year if one of these players was still there in the 2nd round and a team picking high in the 2nd offered Dallas a pick.

This is not a bash Barber thread, but I would love to see Dallas get both Davis and Iupati in this draft and with every eligible Jr. probably declaring, it could happen. Dallas needs to rebuild the Oline this year because there are alot of starters that are up there in age.

Iupati, Davis and Cody in that order. And yes to your question (though I wouldn't pick up Cody).

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
you made need to trade up to get Davis

but give me Davis an Iupati

would not even look at Cody

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
Anthony Davis

I don't know that would get a lot of use out of Cody and I'd take a tackle prospect over a guard.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
neosapien23;3187719 said:

Don't care for Cody, I don't think he's particularly hard-working... his weight issues scare me, and I'm not one of those who wants to see Ratliff moved from NT... if you're looking for another NT for depth, think Lamarr Houston in the 2nd or 3rd round range, he's very similar to the Rat...

I like either one of them, I think I like Iupati a little more than Davis...

I could see trading Barber (and I'm not down on him either), but if I did, it would be to add Toby Gerhart from Stanford... that guy looks like the second coming of John Riggins to me, and I think he'd be the perfect complement to Felix (with Tashard offering injury insurance)... we're talking Thunder (Gerhart) and Lightning (Felix) here...

Wait until the 3rd round, and draft Chris Scott from Tennessee to go with either Iupati or Davis...

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3187884 said:
Don't care for Cody, I don't think he's particularly hard-working... his weight issues scare me, and I'm not one of those who wants to see Ratliff moved from NT... if you're looking for another NT for depth, think Lamarr Houston in the 2nd or 3rd round range, he's very similar to the Rat...

I could see trading Barber (and I'm not down on him either), but if I did, it would be to add Toby Gerhart from Stanford... that guy looks like the second coming of John Riggins to me, and I think he'd be the perfect complement to Felix (with Tashard offering injury insurance)... we're talking Thunder (Gerhart) and Lightning (Felix) here...

Wait until the 3rd round, and draft Chris Scott from Tennessee to go with either Iupati or Davis...

I like Boo Robinson for my Rat type of player

I can see that trade happening an getting Gerhart

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
This is my draft board

1. ILB Rolando McClain
2. S Earl Thomas
3. OG Mike Iupati
4. OT Anthony Davis
5. OT Jason Fox

I see McClain and Thomas going before we can pick. Iupati might be there. If he is, you take him. He is the top player at his position and we need OL help. The guy could come in, sit for a year behind Kosier and Bigg, then steal one of their spots in his second season.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
silverbear;3187884 said:

I like either one of them, I think I like Iupati a little more than Davis...

I am all for trading Barber and then drafting Gerhart. You must have been reading my mind or my posts about the kid.....cause I have been calling him the 2nd coming of John Riggins all season long.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
BTW, there is this kid out of Hillsdale college.....

OT Jared Veldheer
6'8
4.88 - yes, this is his 40

He was rated as the player of the year in Division II. He received an invite to the scouting combine in Indianapolis.

CBSsports Draft Scout has him as a 5th round prospect. I have a feeling he will be a 2nd or 3rd round selection by the time the draft rolls around.

I want this kid.

Iupati and Veldheer would make me a very happy Cowboys fan.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I really doubt any Barber trade is likely. Similar to Jacobs,(a known pos) his contract is expensive and theres miles on the tires.

Rat definetely needs a back up, but Cody is lazy and will only get lazier after he gets paid. Im looking at Boo, or Oghobase mid-rounds.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3187964 said:
I really doubt any Barber trade is likely. Similar to Jacobs,(a known pos) his contract is expensive and theres miles on the tires.

Rat definetely needs a back up, but Cody is lazy and will only get lazier after he gets paid. Im looking at Boo, or Oghobase mid-rounds.

Lamarr Houston is also an option. Texas has a good track record with interior DL. He is stout, powerful, quick, and has a nice little motor. He does very well vs the run, and also can break down the middle of the pocket on passing downs. He would be a great compliment to Rat. Too bad he won't be there in the 4th.

silverbear

Reaction score
Biggems;3187956 said:
BTW, there is this kid out of Hillsdale college.....

OT Jared Veldheer
6'8
4.88 - yes, this is his 40

He was rated as the player of the year in Division II. He received an invite to the scouting combine in Indianapolis.

CBSsports Draft Scout has him as a 5th round prospect. I have a feeling he will be a 2nd or 3rd round selection by the time the draft rolls around.

I want this kid.

Iupati and Veldheer would make me a very happy Cowboys fan.

Veldheer's computer numbers are exceptional, but you have to be cautious about him-- when you play your games against the likes of Saint Joseph's, Northwood, Indianapolis, Ashland, Findlay, Tiffin and Minnesota State-Mankato, you're a LOOOOONG way from an NFL level of competition...

Now, the good news is that Hillsdale had a pretty potent offense, averaging over 35 points per game... they averaged just over 150 yards per game rushing (but only 4.1 yards per carry), and over 280 yards per game passing (8.3 yards per attempt)...

He's a gamble, because of the level of competition he faced, but might be worth a 5th or 6th round pick... it will be interesting to see how he looks at the combine...

silverbear

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3187964 said:
I really doubt any Barber trade is likely.

I don't that a trade of Barber is likely either, it's just something I'd consider if I was making the decisions for the Boys...

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
OT Jared Veldheer, Hillsdale-

kinda sounds like Vollmer of last years draft when NE jump on him in the 2nd round

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
btw...since we will most likely keep him, maybe we can get Gregory Hines some tap shoes, since all he seems to want to do anymore is dance in the backfield with the football.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3188040 said:
OT Jared Veldheer, Hillsdale-

kinda sounds like Vollmer of last years draft when NE jump on him in the 2nd round

except that Houston is at least a D-1 school and they played some adequate talent during Vollmer's time there.