Who would you take?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Biggems;3188049 said:
btw...since we will most likely keep him, maybe we can get Gregory Hines some tap shoes, since all he seems to want to do anymore is dance in the backfield with the football.

Uhh, what?

Biggems;3188051 said:
except that Houston is at least a D-1 school and they played some adequate talent during Vollmer's time there.

I think he meant their names are similar

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3188037 said:
I don't that a trade of Barber is likely either, it's just something I'd consider if I was making the decisions for the Boys...

me to there is no market for him

same with RW

and Hamlin

I don't see any of them gone next year

The Realist

Reaction score
silverbear;3188034 said:
Veldheer's computer numbers are exceptional, but you have to be cautious about him-- when you play your games against the likes of Saint Joseph's, Northwood, Indianapolis, Ashland, Findlay, Tiffin and Minnesota State-Mankato, you're a LOOOOONG way from an NFL level of competition...

Now, the good news is that Hillsdale had a pretty potent offense, averaging over 35 points per game... they averaged just over 150 yards per game rushing (but only 4.1 yards per carry), and over 280 yards per game passing (8.3 yards per attempt)...

He's a gamble, because of the level of competition he faced, but might be worth a 5th or 6th round pick... it will be interesting to see how he looks at the combine...

Same conference that Joe Berger played in and he was drafted and was starting when I saw the Dolphins play 2-3 weeks ago. Similar level of competition that Todd Herramans played vs at Saginaw Valley State, Michael Roos at Eastern Washington and a certain Larry Allen at Sonoma State.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3188057 said:
Uhh, what?

I think he meant their names are similar

seriously? are you too young to know who gregory hines is?

btw, since you didnt grasp what i was saying, barber was being called gregory hines........cause all he does is dance in the backfield with the ball these days. he went from barbarian to ballarina

neosapien23

Reaction score
silverbear;3188037 said:
I don't that a trade of Barber is likely either, it's just something I'd consider if I was making the decisions for the Boys...

I think it becomes alot more realistic if there is no cap next year. Despite what the Players Union is saying, they will agree to the cap later on, becuause if they don't alot of free agents will be very pissed and become restricted. I could see Dallas making a purge next season by trading Barber to pick up an Olineman they really like and giving the carries to Choice which he has proven to be effective. Roy Willy could be given an ultimatium to either take a paycut or to hit the bricks. He will never be a #1 receiver, but he might agree to be paid like a #2 to stay in Texas, which most of us would not have a problem with. Jones could even give him incentives to make more money if he meets certain clauses. Adams might just be cut. Of course all this changes if they actually win the Superbowl as Jones has shown a tendancy to hold on to veterans too long.

Bigdog

Reaction score
ghst187;3187753 said:
without a doubt you have to take Davis and Iupati, you'd get half of your starting OL for years to come right there.
I like Cody a lot but the guy would only ever be a two down player for us and we can get comparable contribution from a guy like Dan Williams or less much later in the draft.

He might not make out of the 1st round. He definitely will be picked in the 2nd to early third. He will be moving up the draft board come April.

RS12

Reaction score
1. Terrance Cody The best run stuffing NT in this draft
2. Anthony Davis The 3rd best tackle prospect in this draft
3. Mike Iupati The best OG prospect in the draft who has good mobility and strength.

The only one I haven't read anything negative about is Iupati other than the conference he played in. I like Cody but apparently alot of the scouts rate him no better than a mid rounder, saying he doesnt make any plays, thats not really his job though. The one the Cowboys need the most is Davis to come in and be the LT for a decade.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
neosapien23;3187719 said:
Just out of curiousity who would you rather have Dallas draft if all 3 are there in the first round??

1. Terrance Cody The best run stuffing NT in this draft
2. Anthony Davis The 3rd best tackle prospect in this draft
3. Mike Iupati The best OG prospect in the draft who has good mobility and strength.

And realistically would you have Dallas trade Marion Barber in an uncapped year if one of these players was still there in the 2nd round and a team picking high in the 2nd offered Dallas a pick.

This is not a bash Barber thread, but I would love to see Dallas get both Davis and Iupati in this draft and with every eligible Jr. probably declaring, it could happen. Dallas needs to rebuild the Oline this year because there are alot of starters that are up there in age.

no i'll pass on fat lineman from bama.

ghst187

Reaction score
I'm totally on board with getting a wide-bodied 2-down monster NT and moving Ratliff over and keeping him fresher....but....I could see a OL being much more valuable in the bigger scheme of things. If you have too many injuries to your OL in a season (and every team will have injuries along the OL) a lack of depth will sink the entire team. And considering we already have a probowl NT, it'd be better for our team to draft a probowl LG or a long-term quality starting LT to replace an aging and increasingly decrepid Flo than another NT, at least in the first few rounds.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Biggems;3188274 said:
seriously? are you too young to know who gregory hines is?

btw, since you didnt grasp what i was saying, barber was being called gregory hines........cause all he does is dance in the backfield with the ball these days. he went from barbarian to ballarina

Im too straight to know who Gregory Hines is ;)

Your assertion that Mb3 is tap dancing is shallow and bedatnic. Watch the line, theres no push