Who would you Trade Up For

cnuball21

Reaction score
Not typically one that likes the idea of moving up in the draft - but lets say a player falls to 15 that we have very high on our board. Would you move up to get him and if so who?

Per the draft value chart, it could potentially be possible with our 4th round pick and an additional 4th round comp pick.

Right now I think the only guy I'd pull the trigger for is probably Derwin James.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I dont like giving up picks but if they were to fall within arms reach
•Quenton Nelson,OG-Notre Dame
•Roquon Smith,LB-Georgia
•Maurice Hurst,DT-Michigan

Nelson immediately fixes the Guard spot and solidifies our line.
Smith is a game wrecker...someone opposing OC's have to game plan for.
Hurst is my favorite of the DTs...fat belly run stuffer who can also get to the QB...Day 1 starter....now we can get some 3rd down stops.

with either one...this team is better...DAY 1.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Derwin James, Roquan Smith & Vita Vea.

I see you’re coming around to the idea of Derwin possibly being in reach. ✊
The first two but not for Vea. Marinelli doesn't value the 1 tech that much in his defense and there are guys like him in you could get in the later rounds. A guy like BJ ? DT from NC State comes to mind. Just my opinion.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
The first two but not for Vea. Marinelli doesn't value the 1 tech that much in his defense and there are guys like him in you could get in the later rounds. A guy like BJ ? DT from NC State comes to mind. Just my opinion.
Oh, trust me, I don’t expect them to trade up for Vea. I’m not even sure they’d take him at 19. Personally, I would do it, though.

Pants

Reaction score
there are too many needs for this team, pick @ 19 and be happy with it....make the 10 picks and the rest of the team has continued competition for their spots

Lane21Train

Reaction score
I’m not sure I’m trading up for anyone in the first round of this draft. I feel like I’m getting a good player at 19. Pretty much believing I have a shot at Vea/Hurst/Bryan/Smith/Edmunds at 19, if only one of those players remains at 15... then I may panic & make a trade but even then I’m iffy.

fansince68

Reaction score
R. Smith or Calvin Ridley
Your assessment of the needs for this team is perfectly spot on. We all know that Witten needs to give up most of his time to one of the youngsters. We all know that Sean Lee is "scheduled" for an injury next season. We all love the Guard from ND, but how much of our cap can we spend on our O line? Tyron, Fred Beard, Collins will demand to be paid when his contract is up.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’m not sure I’m trading up for anyone in the first round of this draft. I feel like I’m getting a good player at 19. Pretty much believing I have a shot at Vea/Hurst/Bryan/Smith/Edmunds at 19, if only one of those players remains at 15... then I may panic & make a trade but even then I’m iffy.

Probably so, just throwing out a hypothetical.

I though Jon Allen was one of the best players in the draft last year and he slid to the teens!

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Your assessment of the needs for this team is perfectly spot on. We all know that Witten needs to give up most of his time to one of the youngsters. We all know that Sean Lee is "scheduled" for an injury next season. We all love the Guard from ND, but how much of our cap can we spend on our O line? Tyron, Fred Beard, Collins will demand to be paid when his contract is up.
That’s my thinking. I’d also like to target Vita Vea, just would trade up for him.

Lane21Train

Reaction score
Probably so, just throwing out a hypothetical.

I though Jon Allen was one of the best players in the draft last year and he slid to the teens!
Exactly! I thik some of that had to do with the shoulder but I agree. I was baffled Malik Hooker fell as far as he did, honestly. I would have traded up for him. He is a rare talent. Reed, Thomas, Taylor type

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No one....... I drafted as the CLE team and couldn't even decide who I wanted at #1

We don't need a QB and everyone else is pretty even.... there are like 10-15 guys I wouldn't mind getting at 19

We have plenty of picks but I would try to move back into the 2nd instead of moving up a few spots in the 1st

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I dont like giving up picks but if they were to fall within arms reach
•Quenton Nelson,OG-Notre Dame
•Roquon Smith,LB-Georgia
•Maurice Hurst,DT-Michigan

Nelson immediately fixes the Guard spot and solidifies our line.
Smith is a game wrecker...someone opposing OC's have to game plan for.
Hurst is my favorite of the DTs...fat belly run stuffer who can also get to the QB...Day 1 starter....now we can get some 3rd down stops.

with either one...this team is better...DAY 1.
Keeping with the original question, at this time I don't know that there is anyone I would trade up to 15 for.

I have hopes that we get Vea (even though I know its unlikely unless this staff changes their tune).

Honestly don't know that much about Derwin James. If he is legit, might be a possibility.

I wasn't blown away by R Smith. Do you guys really think he is that much better than other LB's we could target?

If Nelson is clearly the BPA available when we pick, I would have no issues with it.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Who would I trade up for, if we assume the cost would be the same, and it wasn't prohibitive, then:

Calvin Ridley, WR
Christian Kirk, WR
Quenton Nelson, OG
Roquan Smith, LB
Derwin James, SS

But I don't think I'd trade up more than a few picks, so for me, it would likely be Kirk, possibly Smith