Who would you trade up for?

cnuball21

Reaction score
There’s one rule for this exercise…can’t pick OL bc IMO someone will fall that will match value to need.

I’m going Latu. DE1 for me and if the meds check out and he slides to 20/21/22…sign me up. I was super high on Karlaftis a few years ago and he’s turned into a monster and Latu is a more athletic version with slightly more polish.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There’s one rule for this exercise…can’t pick OL bc IMO someone will fall that will match value to need.

I’m going Latu. DE1 for me and if the meds check out and he slides to 20/21/22…sign me up. I was super high on Karlaftis a few years ago and he’s turned into a monster and Latu is a more athletic version with slightly more polish.
Latham. If he is there at 15, I say go get your guy. He is a lock to protect the blind side for a decade

RS12

Reaction score
QB. The rest is window dressing. The current one will never get it done when it matters.

rambo2

Reaction score

Nobody. If anything they need to trade back and get another pick.

Chasing6

Reaction score

No one. We need more picks, not less.

Cowboyluck

Reaction score
They will probably trade up and pick up someone as talented as Bobby Carpenter or Taco Charlton. Fantastic diamonds in the rough.

tm1119

Reaction score

I saw it somewhere else but it’s pretty spot on…Latu reminds me a ton of Trey Hendrickson. Not a “freak” type of athlete, but is just a smooth technician that uses his hands and length extremely well.

But yeah I think Verse/Turner/Latu falling into the early 20’s would be the only correct answer if you are eliminating OL. And even counting OL I would probably only trade up for Alt or Fashanu as they are the only “Franchise LT” types in this draft imo.

Chasing6

Reaction score

I am not sure I am following you. OLine is definitely a need and there should be value there at 24.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I saw it somewhere else but it’s pretty spot on…Latu reminds me a ton of Trey Hendrickson. Not a “freak” type of athlete, but is just a smooth technician that uses his hands and length extremely well.

But yeah I think Verse/Turner/Latu falling into the early 20’s would be the only correct answer if you are eliminating OL. And even counting OL I would probably only trade up for Alt or Fashanu as they are the only “Franchise LT” types in this draft imo.
Good comp!

I’d probably consider one of the top 2 CBs too.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I am not sure I am following you. OLine is definitely a need and there should be value there at 24.
It’s an exercise for fun…I’m saying there is no reason to trade up for OL bc you don’t need to this year.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
QB. The rest is window dressing. The current one will never get it done when it matters.
If McCarthy dropped out of the top 10, Id definitely consider it. After him, its just more of the same, and thats getting lucky