Who ya got?

J-man

Reaction score
I have a feeling we could easily see a board that looks like this. So if we do, tell me who you are taking at 24, and why?

DT Murphy
OG/C Barton
LT Mims
OT/OG Guyton
WR Thomas

CB DeJean
C JPJ
WR Mitchell
DE Chop
CB Kool Aid

I listed them in the order I'd take them. I think Murphy is a talent you just don't pass on and I'd take the best T or G at 56.
I think Barton could be the next Fred Beard. Tyler goes to LT, Bass and co fight it out for LG.
I think Mims has a higher ceiling than Guyton as a LT. He could be great.
I think Guyton might be able to play LT ok, but he can move inside to LG, moving Tyler to LT if need be.
Thomas would give us a dynamic duo at WR.

TBH, I really wouldn't even consider taking any of the remaining guys at 24 unless I was forced to.

Mikexike

Reaction score
If that is how the board falls at 24, I turn in Murphys card. Relentless pass rusher and run stopper. I like Newton too if he is there.
If Barton is there, He becomes your Day 1 starter anchoring C spot.
Don't think Mims will be the pick unless we trade up a few using 2025 draft cap.
Big pass on Guyton.... Don't like the prospect.
Thomas is debatable, He steps in and takes WR3 spot on day 1.
Dejean fills a need at CB with gilmore gone.
JPJ i'd pass on him and trade back and take Frazier over him.
Mitchell is a pass for me as a prospect.
Chop is ok, don't think he changes much to our Dline.
Kool Aid is also a no.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I have a feeling we could easily see a board that looks like this. So if we do, tell me who you are taking at 24, and why?

DT Murphy
OG/C Barton
LT Mims
OT/OG Guyton
WR Thomas

CB DeJean
C JPJ
WR Mitchell
DE Chop
CB Kool Aid

I listed them in the order I'd take them. I think Murphy is a talent you just don't pass on and I'd take the best T or G at 56.
I think Barton could be the next Fred Beard. Tyler goes to LT, Bass and co fight it out for LG.
I think Guyton might be able to play LT ok, but he can move inside to LG, moving Tyler to LT if need be.

TBH, I really wouldn't even consider taking any of the remaining guys at 24 unless I was forced to.
Murphy isn’t going to be there at 24.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think out of your 1st grouping, Guyton is the only one who realistically will be there at 24. Really want to trade down and acquire more picks, but now I am fearful they will use the pick on Brooks in rd 1. Trade back, land a Frazier, Guyton, Kingsley, Morgan type, use the extra pick for a front 7 player.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Not my choice, but feels as if the pick is trending toward this guy.

6264a005d957b.image.jpg

Jarntt

Reaction score
In a surprise move Jerry outsmarts everyone and takes his international roster exemption player in the first round...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

DT Murphy
OG/C Barton
LT Mims
OT/OG Guyton
WR Thomas

CB DeJean
C JPJ
WR Mitchell
DE Chop
CB Kool Aid

My favorite is JPJ, but I'd pick Murphy in that scenario because you only get so many chances at a difference-making DT. I think Dallas would probably go with Barton.

J-man

Reaction score
So as it turns out the pick essentially came down to a choice between taking Barton at 24, or trading down to 29, taking Guyton plus landing the 73rd pick. As much as I would've loved Barton at C, I think they did well. I can't see him not making a big difference on the O-line, regardless of where he ends up playing. And having that xtra 3rd will go a long way to filling our gaps with quality players.
Gotta give JJ some credit where credit is due. Now. lets just hope he doesn't mess up in rd 2, as usual.