Who'll it be men, who will make the 5-6 WR roster spots?

ESisback

Reaction score
Beloved chaps of the Lonely People's Club, me thesis today is tha we seem to have 2 solid receiver veterans and a WR chap Washington as our third option. Tolbert is penciled in for greatness.
So assuming we keep 5 to 6 WRs, we shall have

1. Ceedee
2. Gallup
3. Light Them Up Washington
4. Tolbert
5. Fehoko
6. Vasher
7. And . . . ahem . . . 5 other low-profile names largely.
Egads, did I overlook anyone? Anyone?

Assuming there will 6 spots open, I still canna see Noah Brown staying on, contract or no. The proud lad was not given sufficient looks in practice and game time. Poor Noah. But, per chance, like a pecan in an Inertia Pecan Cracker, his time hath come.
Make way for players 1-6 (as listed above) to be our WR corps and Brown and tthe intriguing Vasher :(shown the door. Hope tha if Vasher is waived we can get him on the practice squad.

Wha thoughts on your favorites? The low profile names to whom I alluded? Any ones who are sleepers?
Holla

Lamb
Gallup
Tolbert
Washington
Brown
Sehoko or vet brought in before TC

Drummond on PS

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Beloved chaps of the Lonely People's Club, me thesis today is tha we seem to have 2 solid receiver veterans and a WR chap Washington as our third option. Tolbert is penciled in for greatness.
So assuming we keep 5 to 6 WRs, we shall have

1. Ceedee
2. Gallup
3. Light Them Up Washington
4. Tolbert
5. Fehoko
6. Vasher
7. And . . . ahem . . . 5 other low-profile names largely.
Egads, did I overlook anyone? Anyone?

Assuming there will 6 spots open, I still canna see Noah Brown staying on, contract or no. The proud lad was not given sufficient looks in practice and game time. Poor Noah. But, per chance, like a pecan in an Inertia Pecan Cracker, his time hath come.
Make way for players 1-6 (as listed above) to be our WR corps and Brown and tthe intriguing Vasher :(shown the door. Hope tha if Vasher is waived we can get him on the practice squad.

Wha thoughts on your favorites? The low profile names to whom I alluded? Any ones who are sleepers?
Holla

Vasher isnt making it over Brown. For whatever reason Brown is their pet cat.

conner01

Reaction score
Vasher isnt making it over Brown. For whatever reason Brown is their pet cat.
If a guy wants to be a depth player in the nfl they have to contribute on ST
If you want to 5th or 6th WR and expect even be on the game day roster you have to contribute on ST
If you aren’t a starter quality player on an nfl roster you have to contribute on ST
That’s just the way it works

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If you want to 5th or 6th WR and expect even be on the game day roster you have to contribute on ST
If you aren’t a starter quality player on an nfl roster you have to contribute on ST

Yep, 100%. Those bottom guys have to be ST guys.

Swagger

Reaction score
I feel sorry for them given they will be doing their Inspector Gadget impression during games with Prescott throwing to them...go go Gadget arms...

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I feel sorry for them given they will be doing their Inspector Gadget impression during games with Prescott throwing to them...go go Gadget arms...

Go go gadget arms to the shoelaces!
Go go gadget arms 5 yards behind!
Go-go gadget arms 12 feet over the sidelines!

Ah, I can just see it now, lad ...

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I haven't done the 53 man roster math, but teams usually don't carry more than 6 receivers. 1 of those 3 will take that last spot, and the Cowboys will try to stash probably one more on their practice squad.
As long as Vasher survives. Practice squad would be ideal for this intriguing lad. 6'6" 15.35 stone.
Well chaps, tha is impressive.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Lamb
Gallup
Washington
Tolbert
Brown

If they keep a 6th maybe a FA addition or Fehoko.

I am like Eucalyptus pushing up the cart up the mountain of reason.

I don't get this love of Brown.
The player development experiment continues for Brown, me dudes and gal pals?
Look me beloved commoners, we have many bright prospects in camp. Let us ... ahem ... move on.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Gallup's health will determine if they carry him immediately or stash him.

That could open a slot for a camp surprise.
My guess is you get 2 to the practice squad.

I am not saying we have lots of gems, but I fancy tha idea to stash as many of these intriguing players we can.
But, above all, Vasher needs to stay.
I want to see Simi with consistency in a year.
If we get additional surprises from Fryfogle or whathisname then it will be gravy in the pudding, old boy.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I haven't done the 53 man roster math, but teams usually don't carry more than 6 receivers. 1 of those 3 will take that last spot, and the Cowboys will try to stash probably one more on their practice squad.
Cowboys kept 7 last year. Stashed Fehoko with the last spot. Vasher may be that guy this year. Gallup pup status could make it 6.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
As long as Vasher survives. Practice squad would be ideal for this intriguing lad. 6'6" 15.35 stone.
Well chaps, tha is impressive.
Vasher is probably the best red zone WR we have on the roster.
He might not offer a whole lot outside that but he is very like Antoine Wesley of the Cards.
And he is dirt cheap whereas long-time vet prices rise quickly.

My gut says they'd keep Vasher and his upside and low salary over Brown and his known skillset and higher price.
It's only 325K or so difference but Vasher doesn't even count against your cap at all at this point because he falls below the rule of 51 highest contracts.

conner01

Reaction score
I’m sure they are excited to have one of the leagues most accurate passers throwing to them

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
In general this is true but it is not always the case.
Teams absolutely keep guys as depth players with eyes on larger roles in the future.
You are going to sit guys weekly anyway as you mention.
It can be much easier to PS a ST guy and bring him up then it is a guy with starter potential.

All that said if you were a late round pick or UDFA you probably need ST roles to stick unless you are a QB or DL.