Who's the number one overall this year?

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Usually at this point in the college season there's a clear cut #1 overall candidate. I can't think of one this year. Bradford has injury concerns with his shoulder and McCoy..well..he just isn't that good.

Who do you think is getting picked #1 overall? I know it depends on the team, but I might have to go with Okung but if the Rams get #1 overall it obviously won't be Okung so who knows.

RS12

Reaction score
Suh Nebraska. Most dominant guy I have seen, should be the top pick. What will happen though is Bradford or Claussen will go to the Senior Bowl or combine and show enough that some bad, desperate team, looking for some reason for season ticket holders to renew (Rams, Raiders, Browns, Bucs) will take a flyer on him. Happens like clock work every year.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
There is no clear cut one. But if the Rams or Browns get the #1, you can bet itll be a QB, Claussen or Locker.

Bucs are the only winless team at 0-7 and just drafted Josh Freeman in the 1st so they won't draft a QB, and should definitely take Suh with #1.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
ajk23az;3052480 said:
There is no clear cut one. But if the Rams or Browns get the #1, you can bet itll be a QB, Claussen or Locker.

Bucs are the only winless team at 0-7 and just drafted Josh Freeman in the 1st so they won't draft a QB, and should definitely take Suh with #1.

I don't get the Claussen hype. I could see Locker since he's a Joe Flacco type of QB.

Has a DT ever been selected first overall?

RS12

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3052508 said:
I don't get the Claussen hype. I could see Locker since he's a Joe Flacco type of QB.

John Matuszak for sure. Lee Roy Selmon also.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score

Claussen has matured big time since last year. He's become very accurate and isn't making many mistakes this year either. He would definitely be better off staying another year but everyone said that about Bradford too and look what happened to him.

DT #1 Overalls: Walt Patulski-Notre Dame, Kenneth Sims-Texas, Russell Maryland, Miami, Steve Emtman-Washington, Dan Wilkinson-Ohio State.

Matuszak and Selmon were DEs

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score

How could you forget Russell Maryland?

rkell87

Reaction score
not saying mccoy is #1 but completing 76% of passes and setting the ncaa record says he is good. you dont get to play for texas if you are 'not that good'

on topic the bucs will take suh

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If Claussen leaves than its him.

He is the most physically gifted QB in College (other than Ryan Mallet) and will be a sensation in the Pro's.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3054512 said:
Dude I was 3 years old.

I was 16:eek::

That neither here nor there, I at least know the Cowboys draft inside or out before I was even a tingle in my dads groin.......come on man........;)