Who's your 4th WR?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
With TC coming to end and three preseason games in the book, just curious, who you guys see as the best or 4th WR after Cobb. I'm guessing Austin maybe the coaches favor coz combination of speed and experience but Smith is growing on me real fast.

BTW.......it looking like we may not have #2 guy. Gallup's looking more like a 1B.....

Coop
Gallup
Cobb

Smith
Austin
Wilson
Brown

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Coop, Gallup Cobb and Austiin are the 4.
Wilson and Smith round out the next two positions. Dallas will probably carry 6 WR receivers on the roster and at least one on the practice squad. Don't forget that Pollard will line up in the slot as well, therfore he is a WR as well. When Zeke returns this team will be very dynamic with the WRs they have on the field. Imagine what defensive coordinates will have to plan for with Zeke and Coop, now toss in the speed of Austin and Cobb. Kinduv crazy if you ask me. This scenario will allow Gallup to to jump to a legitimate WR.

I am ready for the regular season, I wish it were today.

Last edited:

Jbone100

Reaction score
I would try to keep all 6 guys listed in T1 / T2 and stash J. Johnson on the practice squad. If I had to go without one guy in T2 it would be Austin for me. D. Smith looks like he could be a serious contributor and Wilson is showing too much potential to let him go. Also liked what Wilson did on punt return duty in the preseason too.

Tier 1:

Coop
Gallup
Cobb

Tier 2:
D. Smith
C. Wilson
T. Austin

Tier 3:
J. Johnson
R. Davis
N. Brown
J. Guyton

DFWJC

Reaction score
It'll depend on the play and formation.
Since we arent on,y keeping 4, it doesn't matter. But if we were, I’d choose Smith over Austin.
Cant believe we stole that guy off the waiver wire,

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smith has easily earned his way on the team, and very well could be that guy. Smith, Wilson and Austin may be the best depth at WR we’ve had in many years, and they have different skill sets to use. It could well be #4 by committee depending on what the team wants to do on a given play.

glimmerman

Reaction score
They were using Smith a lot last night. I think as the season develops you could see Wilson be that guy. But Smith playing real strong.

Carson

Reaction score
I prefer

Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, Smith

Wilson for ST and the 6 role

Austin for ST and gadget plays and small role so he can use his speed.

Smith is a better pure receiver than Austin is.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Austin is the 4th. He started last night in place of Cooper. His playing time this PS has been about the same with the starters, so it seems.

Smith came in slightly before Wilson did last night, which probably does not mean he is ahead of Wilson though. But they are 5th and 6th evenly.
I liked Wilson returning punts. So with Wilson and Austin returning punts, that can be some pretty good chances on some long returns. Either for TD's or good field position.

Tired of always being backed upped with out a legit PR or that fair catch guy now in Buffalo.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Got em ranked:
Coop
Gallup
Cobb
Wilson
Austin
Smith

Brown (PUP)

Johnson (PS)
Davis
Guyton

I think Austin is firmly on the team, but I rank Wilson as the better option b/c his WR skills. Overall, I'd be content if this was the lineup vs NYG.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Smith has easily earned his way on the team, and very well could be that guy. Smith, Wilson and Austin may be the best depth at WR we’ve had in many years, and they have different skill sets to use. It could well be #4 by committee depending on what the team wants to do on a given play.

Excellent point...hadn't thought of this

jaybird

Reaction score
Coop, Gallup Cobb and Austiin are the 4.
Wilson and Smith round out the next two positions. Dallas will probably carry 6 WR receivers on the roster and at least one on the practice squad. Don't forget that Pollard will line up in the slot as well, therfore he is a WR as well. When Zeke returns this team will be very dynamic with the WRs they have on the field. Imagine what defensive coordinates will have to plan for with Zeke and Coop, now toss in the speed of Austin and Cobb. Kinduv crazy if you ask me. This scenario will allow Gallup to to jump to a legitimate WR.

I am ready for the regular season, I wish it were today.
If Brown not IR or cut I Believe it will a4a 4b
Situation depending on game score,part of field etc
4a Brown
4b Austin

Ron12

Reaction score
With TC coming to end and three preseason games in the book, just curious, who you guys see as the best or 4th WR after Cobb. I'm guessing Austin maybe the coaches favor coz combination of speed and experience but Smith is growing on me real fast.

BTW.......it looking like we may not have #2 guy. Gallup's looking more like a 1B.....

Coop
Gallup
Cobb
If Brown not IR or cut I Believe it will a4a 4b
Situation depending on game score,part of field etc
4a Brown
4b Austin
We will all know in 20 mins!

Smith
Austin
Wilson
Brown