Whose game plan was it to be quiet in Free Agency?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Please give your thoughts on when we have been active day 1 of free agency. We haven't been active on day 1 in years. Please discuss
True but it's also been several years since we've had this many holes going into the offseason as well. Last two years we've had offseasons highlighted with the free agent acquisitions of James Washington, Ryan Nall, and Chuma Edoga. This is not the offseason to pick up a few JAGs late in free agency and hope to hit in the draft. This team needs a lot of help.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
mine and it's working out well. See you in 2025 with a new team and a new leader.

badfinger54

Reaction score
XWqR0ljY_o.jpg

coult44

Reaction score
Stephen or Jerry, who actually Said "hey hey we're not making any moves, I don't care what anyone around here says!" I just don't get it
It’s been that way for almost two decades. Most likely It was written as a SOP around 2010, and into the bylaws in 2013. I don’t know why anyone would’ve thought it would be diff this year:

stiletto

Reaction score
Stephen or Jerry, who actually Said "hey hey we're not making any moves, I don't care what anyone around here says!" I just don't get it
Look at the Head coach. Not fired/not extended, retread D-coord one year, Dak one year left on a bad contract. Letting all the FAs leave, not signing anyone relevant in FA.

2024 is an unload Moneyball season. 2025 is going to be a reset.

They are trying to get to a situation where they can go in a new direction if they want with everything, pretty much.

bottleKids

Reaction score
I was told by some of the old guards around here that free agency starts next week and stop complaining. Our Free agency starts next week baby!!

Mark

Reaction score
whatever the plan is, who started it, and thought it was a good idea
The Joneses played consecutive bad hands, mortgaging the future with Zeke & Dak's contracts, and now the hens are coming home to roost now that no NFCCG-or-better was produced. The Joneses may HAVE the money, but those pesky cap rules are preventing them from spending it. That must gall them to no end.

Anyone care to lay odds on 12-5 in 2024-25?

The Natural

Reaction score
You can't be serious about trying to contend relying solely on players you draft and bargain bin free agent acquisitions. It is truely a joke what has become of this franchise.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
It’s been that way for almost two decades. Most likely It was written as a SOP around 2010, and into the bylaws in 2013. I don’t know why anyone would’ve thought it would be diff this year:
Well hells bells ms lulu let's see here. Mr. Jerry Jones said we were going all out this year. It got peoples attention but only those not yet jaded to his ways perked up to embrace his words. So those fans are now reeling as they are slowly realizing the suck is in.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
The Joneses played consecutive bad hands, mortgaging the future with Zeke & Dak's contracts, and now the hens are coming home to roost now that no NFCCG-or-better was produced. The Joneses may HAVE the money, but those pesky cap rules are preventing them from spending it. That must gall them to no end.

Anyone care to lay odds on 12-5 in 2024-25?
It might gall to no end but Jerry Jones was very instrumental in getting the salary cap implemented to begin with. So your statement strikes me as irony.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Look at the Head coach. Not fired/not extended, retread D-coord one year, Dak one year left on a bad contract. Letting all the FAs leave, not signing anyone relevant in FA.

2024 is an unload Moneyball season. 2025 is going to be a reset.

They are trying to get to a situation where they can go in a new direction if they want with everything, pretty much.
Yeah I'm not even sure how this is debatable at this point. Any free agents the Cowboys grab are most likely going to be 1 year deals, or 2 year deals with an out in the contract. I have a feeling the 2025 roster will look significantly different from what they enter the 2024 season with.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'm not sure about that anymore. Like 8 starters are going to be gone to FA. They are in reboot mode. Takes some time...
Total of 14 free agents and releasing Gallup. So potentially 15 spots need to replaced. We have 7 draft picks.

We resigned our long snapper. Shows where our priorities are.

stiletto

Reaction score
Total of 14 free agents and releasing Gallup. So potentially 15 spots need to replaced. We have 7 draft picks.

We resigned our long snapper. Shows where our priorities are.
They aren't committing to anything or anyone. Pretty obvious. The Green Bay game really pissed them off apparently. They want to start over.

They will plug holes with bargain basement guys to get through this season. The 2025 team might look totally different across the board ..

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
I think the answers are in the Ancient Scroll of Football Stupidity that Jerry has been amassing since his childhood. Rumor has it, it contains pearls of wisdom regarding ill-conceived draft strategies for targeting player no one else wants in rounds 5-7, nepotism in the workplace and on the football field, and how to confuse the league by not engaging in the practice of improving your team during the offseason.

As long as a Jones is in power, the laws dictate that there shall be no deviation from the written word. It has been theorized that more recent entries center around sensitive character based topics such as: Deny, deny, deny, that's not my kid, and how to deceive a fan base with catchy phrases like, "We're going ALL IN.". Yep, it's a timeless treasure K-Tel wishes they could have gotten their hands on years ago.

Bottom line - Same strategy, different year!

scroll.jpg

Mark

Reaction score
They aren't committing to anything or anyone. Pretty obvious. The Green Bay game really pissed them off apparently. They want to start over.

They will plug holes with bargain basement guys to get through this season. The 2025 team might look totally different across the board ..
Not only in 2024, but in 2025 as well. In the highly-unlikely event the Joneses are able to refrain from making another monumental contract blunder in that time-frame (there is PLENTY of danger lurking in that regard), the team may be in a position to make some significant moves - both with high draft picks & cap-friendly free agency - in 2026.

The 12-5 gravy train is over.

McCarthy won't be here next year. It won't be his fault...you can look straight to management.

CWR

Reaction score
see but he could end up going in on a frenzy and getting some next level guys, shock all of us!
I think there were some real reasonable deals which would've helped the team a lot. If they aren't interested in those I don't think anything is going to move the needle. This off-season will likely be less than last year. No Gilmore or Cooks incoming.