Whose to blame for the last 3 play calls of our season

Dwight

Reaction score
Whose responsible?

First it’s on Jerry Jones who kept this trash of a coach for years now.

Second it’s on Jason and his Offensive Coordinator due to their on the field actions.

BigD_95

Reaction score
The play calling on the last series when we were 2nd 2 with 2 straight runs to Zeke was embarrassing

Zeke hasnt run well all game and Dak was in a zone and having his way. To take the ball out of Daks hand like that is criminal. And then on 4th down that is the play you call? Had 3 timeouts. Should of called something in the middle of the field not an out pattern.

And in all fairness I will give Moore one hand off but not 2. That is outrageous. Its like he was more worried about playing the clock than winning the game.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Fault. Going to 90 million twice in a row when all night, the passing game , going to actual WR's was working. And, whoever it is that told Dak to not run anymore should be fired. That last 3rd and 2? Dak is still running.. Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic. Another reason why this team will go nowhere, COACHING..

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It falls on coaches who didn't adjust and players who didn't execute. I'm still seeing the same lack of discipline on defense and bad reads on offense.

Yep poor tackling in space and ability to adjust to balls in the air. Yet we were a fee bad play calls away from winning. These losses are the hardest to take.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Garrett, Rod and Marenelli. I dont even care if Moore called the two run plays. The defense lost the game. They should be ashamed of themselves. They meaning coaches. After the first 2 screen plays you shut it down. If itvwas adressed and the lb/dl were screwing up bench them. To allow kirk to screen his way to 14 points was.......................wow

Eightneight

Reaction score
I blame the OC. Situational play calling has to improve. Moore doesn't seem to have a good feel for each game as it unfolds.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Mostly, but Garrett's the head coach, he can tell Moore not to run Zeke two times in a row, the running game (as others here have mentioned) WASN'T WORKING. Zimmer did just what the announcers said he was doing - not let Zeke beat them. Moore didn't help with running Zeke up the middle all night long and not throwing to him, either. Trying the 57 yard fg when Cook was running (and receiving) wild just gave the Vikes great field position.

Of course the defense was no help, the pass rush was doing well, but Zimmer just went to quick (was it a second and a half pass that was mentioned?) pass plays, which totally negates your pass rush, Deion Sanders couldn't get to the quarterback that quick if there's even a semblance of a blocking game. The DTs were nearly totally invisible most of the night, which of course is a continuing problem.

We all knew that Dallas would likely lose if they got behind a good team early, and it happened just that way. Cowboys outscored the Vikes 24-14 after the first quarter, but it wasn't enough. Just one early score, and the Cowboys win. I don't know if it's that Richard just wants to "feel out" the other team's offense before committing to a strategy, or is just slow to recognize it. Cook was the NFL's leading rusher coming into the game, and Cousins has had his hiccups, that should have told Richard and Marinelli that they needed to be committed to stopping the run FIRST.

Now the Vikes are a good team, not saying the Cowboys should have had an easy time of it, but even when the Vikes lost their starting guard to a concussion, they still ran the ball all over the Cowboys and gave the Vike's receivers way too much room.

There are always coaching failures on this team, which contribute to losses, but in this game it was probably 80% of the reason they lost, and even the missed tackles are partly coaching failure....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Yep poor tackling in space and ability to adjust to balls in the air. Yet we were a fee bad play calls away from winning. These losses are the hardest to take.

Worst thing was the play calling up to getting to the 11 yard line was excellent, after that it was a giant brain fart...

Praxit

Reaction score
..those last 3 plays were a Dallas nightmare. The coach, OC, QB or anyone else, could not think out of the box. Stress creates white noise.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'd say the blame goes to
1) the guy who called the play--which was probably Kellen Moore.. This is the answer, I think
2) possibly...but this is wild conjecture...Garrett, if he force fed the call. Doubt that happened, but who knows
3) Dak, who could have audibled out of the call regardless of what it was. Standard directive. But maybe Moore or Garrett said to not audible. Doubt it, but who knows.