Why aren't we in panic mode?

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
When Tony went down Sunday and it was obvious he was hurt, I instantly saw the season flash before my eyes. Imagine Brad facing a Giant's pass rush. (again- only with the season on the line) Against the Ravens secondary or worse, the Eagles. If, IF the Cowboys can win out against these next 2 tough teams they will be facing the Cardinals (or Bears)- the team that took out our punter and not to mention... Romo. Assuming they win that game it will only get worse and already Tony is hurt and will be playing hurt Saturday. If he goes down who will step up? QB is desperately needed in my opinion, I have zero faith in our backups and if they brought in a vet tomorrow the guy still has to learn the offense!
Shouldn't we have brought in someone yesterday?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
l2obert;2502404 said:
When Tony went down Sunday and it was obvious he was hurt, I instantly saw the season flash before my eyes. Imagine Brad facing a Giant's pass rush. (again- only with the season on the line) Against the Ravens secondary or worse, the Eagles. If, IF the Cowboys can win out against these next 2 tough teams they will be facing the Cardinals (or Bears)- the team that took out our punter and not to mention... Romo. Assuming they win that game it will only get worse and already Tony is hurt and will be playing hurt Saturday. If he goes down who will step up? QB is desperately needed in my opinion, I have zero faith in our backups and if they brought in a vet tomorrow the guy still has to learn the offense!

why would we do that ?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
l2obert;2502404 said:

Yesterday is gone, we ride Tony for now and I would expect Dallas will look to upgrade the backup spot next year.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
What better way for Romo to silence the critics, win it all injured like Montana used to do it. Just keep a chiropractor on staff:D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Seriously?

:madden:

A qb can't come in and learn the offense in two or three days

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
We stuck with Brad going into the season even though they knew what they had in him after last year. So we sure aren't bringing anyone else in at this point, unless there's an extreme emergency.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeagermeister;2502447 said:
Seriously?

Wanna bet?!!

Chuck Norris could...damn stright!

:cool:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeagermeister;2502458 said:
Chuck could play all 22 positions at the same time

*roundhouse to the face*

Plus he could ref the game, too! He's a bad mother(shut your mouth)!!!!

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2502447 said:
Seriously?

If that's directed toward me, of course they can't. That's why I don't understand why we haven't brought in someone capable since BJ went down in flames. The fact that Tony is hurt again, just makes me question it more! Neither BJ or Bollinger can carry this team. Brad brings nothing.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I didn't panic because it was obvious Tony just had a bruise. It'll hurt like heck, but it's not a structural problem.

And if Tony did hurt a knee or something structural (God forbid), our season would be over anyway. No sense in panicking about it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1-800-QTR-BACK
Your backup quarterback solution is only a phone call away

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
l2obert;2502462 said:
If that's directed toward me, of course they can't. That's why I don't understand why we haven't brought in someone capable since BJ went down in flames. The fact that Tony is hurt again, just makes me question it more! Neither BJ or Bollinger can carry this team. Brad brings nothing.

What people are saying is...it's too late, bro! The damage is done, we go with what we have.

You can't change cars in the middle of the desert if you think a tire is getting low...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Faerluna;2502469 said:
Everyone has been in panic mode for weeks. We're tired.

And others are not the type of people to panic over anything. Panic has never served me well. :laugh1:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2502419 said:
Yesterday is gone, we ride Tony for now and I would expect Dallas will look to upgrade the backup spot next year.

There you have it