Why can't Jerry do this - Reich's letter to Colts fans

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Honestly, I probably wouldn't read the letter and it's really meaningless as far as I am concerned. Make the product on the field better and keep my ticket prices as as low as possible.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Honestly, I probably wouldn't read the letter and it's really meaningless as far as I am concerned. Make the product on the field better and keep my ticket prices as as low as possible.

lol you're right. Maybe Reich is a better liar.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It's a very nice gesture by Reich to the fans but in Dallas we just know things are different.

Garrett knows the fan base doesn't like him and wants him gone and Jerry's ego is the only thing that matters anyways so as long as Jerry's ego is still inflated then he is safe as the Cowboys coach.

Other coaches know they have to win or get out and that an angry fan base is the quickest way to see them fired.

Winning is the Cowboys 3rd priority at best.

1. Jerry's ego

2. Revenue

3. Maybe winning.

That's interesting Catch. I gotta say, I don't know that you are wrong here.

GenoT

Reaction score
We have an owner/GM with a 40yo brain, his son’s secret sauce, Coach Clapper and The Process on our side.

We don’t gotta write no stinkin’ letters to the fans!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I'm actually thankful Jason Garrett didn't make this kind of effort to the fans. It'd be something like this:
He has basically said that same sort of stuff either to the team or through his PCs.

It is coach-speak. Process, getting better, etc. etc.

The thing to remember is that this is the Colts franchise.

No offense to them, but Irsay is a loon and they don't exactly have the most burgeoning fan base in the league. This is a gesture (possibly even prompted by Irsay himself) to ease the disappointment and sell more tickets.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Well, firstly, I would point out that Jerry is the Owner and Reich is a Head Coach. The better question might be, why can't Jason Garrett do this.
Everyone knows who the real cowboys coach is the OP had it right

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I for one don't want some half assed attempt at covering his butt...all I want the clapping carrot to do is either bring this team to some kind of a post season winning % or QUIT!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The Colts got destroyed in the playoffs.

This is a letter talking about what a great regular season they had and how they made an epic run from 1-5 to make the playoffs.

I'm sure CowboysZone would really appreciate a nice letter from Jason telling us how great it was to come back from 3-5 to win the division. I'm sure that letter would have gone over really well here.

Are we going to spend the entire off season making up things to cry about.

I have no idea. Don't you think that this is a question that should be addressed to the person who actually made the post?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Why just Jason Garrett? Why not every NFL coach of a team that fell short of it's goals? There are some real criticisms to be made of Garrett, but this isn't one of them.

I personally think that every city is different and what plays in one city, might not play in another. A letter like this, I doubt it works in Dallas. I know that if I saw a letter like this, I wouldn't take the time to even read it but that's just me. However, in Buffalo, it might work. I don't know.

Should every HC have to do this, not hardly. There are some real criticisms to be made, that's for sure. One thing though, what I posted was not a criticism. It was a simple statement of fact.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Why? Are there so many heart broken fans they need a little " It's okay baby, we can get them next year, don't fret.".. Gimme a break. I want the coaches to be getting to work as to who is leaving and who is staying. Same the the so called wanna be , SHOULD BE GONE, GM Dallas has to get to work reshaping the coaching staff. No time for this feel good stuff.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Dear Fans,

Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap.Clap. Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.Its a Process.

-Sincerely JG

visionary

Reaction score
Just seems like an honest assessment of the season and excited for next season.
I'm not asking Garrett to say anything we know he's not in charge.

Because he has a plan and expects to win

Jerry has no plan and expects to just remain 'relevant '. How do you sell that to fans?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Letter would make people feel better or just another thing to get upset over?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Reich is in his first year. The Colts really did do a turnaround this year. Garrett is 9 years in. Nothing he can say other than getting us to an NFCCG would help him.

Fire407

Reaction score
Garrett would also say he's not sure how they did this year until he looks at the film.