Why can't we run the ball?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Messages
100,163
Reaction score
256,344
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3.3 a carry yesterday for our lead back. Struggled in 3 of the 4 games to get the run going. Why? You can't say it's the Tyler Smith injury. We had very productive rushing performances with Bass filling in last year.

We have good run blockers across the board.



I know the OC is a run specialist too. I would immediately point to the running back but we ran it well last year with him.

I can't figure out why it has been such an issue this year.
 
I see what the numbers say but is it really that bad? If anything, maybe the play calling is a little off, and I wouldn’t be shocked if there’s a bit of a tell going on.

This team runs well enough to keep teams honest. They are going to have to win in the passing game.
 
Texans are pretty stout against the run and have been all year giving up 3.4, Bal 3.9 is solid, so is Was 4.0...Giants were the worst at 4.7.
 
Texans. That's why.

And they didn't even have Al-Shaair yesterday.
 
I want to see more of Goodson. He’s got some juice to his game.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CWR
Through four games, the Cowboys have run 250 offensive plays.

Rushes: 94 (3.8 ypc)
Pass attempts: 150
Sacks: 6

Yesterday 25 rushes/45 passes.

It's just what we do. Nothing seems to change it. It's not 'they can't run' it's they choose not to. You can't change DNA.
 
The run offense really was trending the wrong way the back half of 2025. Not that they were necessarily bad, but it was a big reason why I thought the offense may regress a bit for 2026. So far I’m dead wrong, but if we don’t get stronger run production the offense will eventually have some duds. Lamb can’t go for 200 yards every game.
 

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,154
Messages
14,670,004
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top