Why can’t we beat Minny?

aria

Reaction score
Minnesota only has two more wins than us and has only beat one team with a winning record.

Offensively, we barely edge them out in ypg and total yards, they edge is out in ppg.

Defensively they are 15th against the run, we barely edge them out in yards allowed per game and while we’re dead last in points per game against (partly skewed to games like Cleveland) they are 10th worst.

Overall, these teams seem very evenly matched to me and although I wouldn’t be impressed by a win due to the reasons mentioned above, I also wouldn’t be the slightest bit surprised.

It just seems to me like most of you aren’t giving us a chance against a team that we’re evenly matched against. I don’t get it, anyone care to explain the doom and gloom?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Minnesota only has two more wins than us and has only beat one team with a winning record.

Offensively, we barely edge them out in ypg and total yards, they edge is out in ppg.

Defensively they are 15th against the run, we barely edge them out in yards allowed per game and while we’re dead last in points per game against (partly skewed to games like Cleveland) they are 10th worst.

Overall, these teams seem very evenly matched to me and although I wouldn’t be impressed by a win due to the reasons mentioned above, I also wouldn’t be the slightest bit surprised.

It just seems to me like most of you aren’t giving us a chance against a team that we’re evenly matched against. I don’t get it, anyone care to explain the doom and gloom?
Respectfully, those numbers are based on the past.

Dallas is very overmatched up front on each side of the ball.

Minnesota smacked us in the same regard a year ago.

They may have regressed a bit, but we have significantly.

The game may remain close for a while, but I dont see them winning much on either line.

aria

Reaction score
Respectfully, those numbers are based on the past.

Dallas is very overmatched up front on each side of the ball.

Minnesota smacked us in the same regard a year ago.

They may have regressed a bit, but we have significantly.

The game may remain close for a while, but I dont see them winning much on either line.
No offense taken, and when you say past I guess your referring to pre Dak injury?

I still think our game against Pitt was more a result of them playing bad vs us playing that good but even if we bring that same effort against Minn I think we’d win.

By no means am I saying this is a lock, I could see us getting blown out as well because that’s what these clowns do BUT I also could see is winning whereas it appears that most fans don’t even give us a chance.

Hell, people are talking about not even watching the game and it seems like there’s less traffic on this site today compared to a normal game day.

Anywho, I’ll be eagerly watching.

Sydla

Reaction score
Because we aren't very good?

I don't mean that facetiously. We just aren't a very good team and at this point have given us any reason to think we can beat any team at this point other than maybe the Jets.

Before I start assuming we can beat teams like the Vikings, I'll need to see them beat a team like the Vikings.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
5dd673801b2944afa3c5b18a340a0971.jpg

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Dallas can win, I think the bigger question cowboys fans have is do they want them to win?

baltcowboy

Reaction score

I have two answers to your question. Andy “Dandy “Dalton and Zeke “Ewok” Elliott. They will get outplayed by their counterparts.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Control Cook and they can win the game. Cousins is erratic and they can beat any team when he's hot but lose to any team when he's cold.

Can they build on that effort against PIT, although that was their worst game of the season.

This all comes down to whether the OL can give Dalton time and keep their pass rush at bay. If not, they don't have a chance. This is the most OL dependent game since the first game of the season against the Rams. Good practice too as it will be needed on Thursday as well.

aria

Reaction score
Because we aren't very good?

I don't mean that facetiously. We just aren't a very good team and at this point have given us any reason to think we can beat any team at this point other than maybe the Jets.

Before I start assuming we can beat teams like the Vikings, I'll need to see them beat a team like the Vikings.
But the Vikings aren’t very good either, at least not on paper and their record doesn’t support that their good either. What did you think about the Pitt game? More them playing bad or us playing good? If you think it’s the latter you would have to think we have a very good chance at beating the Vikes.

aria

Reaction score
I have two answers to your question. Andy “Dandy “Dalton and Zeke “Ewok” Elliott. They will get outplayed by their counterparts.
:lmao: Well zeke will only go as far as the O line carries him and Vikings are mediocre against the run so I think he has a decent chance of having a good game.

starfan1

Reaction score
Because I heard here we can’t and you know how right this fanbase is lol

aria

Reaction score
Because I heard here we can’t and you know how right this fanbase is lol
Haha, this fan base is the most bi polar fan base there is. We string a few wins against the worst teams in the league last year and we’re going to the Super Bowl. We lose a few lose games against good teams and we suck.

In the same season we’ll go from being one player away from being contenders to the whole roster needs to be purged. We have a SB winning coach who has a great football mind to he sucks. Jerry makes a few acquisitions for “team friendly” deals and he’s finally getting it...2 months later and he hasn’t changed in 25 years.

There never seems to be any neutrality or balance.

fivetwos

Reaction score
No offense taken, and when you say past I guess your referring to pre Dak injury?

I still think our game against Pitt was more a result of them playing bad vs us playing that good but even if we bring that same effort against Minn I think we’d win.

By no means am I saying this is a lock, I could see us getting blown out as well because that’s what these clowns do BUT I also could see is winning whereas it appears that most fans don’t even give us a chance.

Hell, people are talking about not even watching the game and it seems like there’s less traffic on this site today compared to a normal game day.

Anywho, I’ll be eagerly watching.
It's the NFL where no logic applies.

My take was based on logic.

I think the game will be close on the scoreboard despite us being clearly overmatched.

In the end Minn covers the number.

aria

Reaction score
It's the NFL where no logic applies.

My take was based on logic.

I think the game will be close on the scoreboard despite us being clearly overmatched.

In the end Minn covers the number.
Yeah man, I don’t have any idea what will happen and like I said, I could see it going either way but I’m definitely not writing them off before the game has even started like a lot of people seem to be doing.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I want the Cowboys to win every week, but it would give me even more joy messing with the tankers with a win.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Vikings probably dont have to pass a single time to win this game.

Qcard

Reaction score

Andy Dalton...................

stiletto

Reaction score
It's all about the middle of the defense. We start stopping the run we will win a bunch of games. If they stop Cook today, we have a shot.